Style Parkland
Arbor Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1926
Architect Arthur Ham (1926)

Clubs No

Nice public course

This is one of our favorite courses to play. I play with 3 more senior neighbors once a week. Nice course, not to difficult. Easy to get a tee time. Course is in nice shape.

Course rating

I played this course a couple of times and it was always in good condition. I found it on GolfNow at a terrific price. Great value. A couple of the par 3’s are way to long for the average golfer..

Great Day

Arbor Hills never disappoints. Course was in great shape.

Very disappointed. Did not get to play because course closed due to weather.

Dissatisfied

Changes were made to the tee time I booked through GolfNow & I was not informed until I arrived @ the course. I was then told that I’d have to work with GolfNow to rectify the situation. 1st & foremost, GolfNow is an absolute headache to contact in these situations apparently. 2nd although I understand the course not being on the hook for the “hot deals” offered someone should have contacted me as soon as changes were made to the booking I had already paid in full for. The was literally 1 car in the parking lot when we arrived, you’ll never convince me that a phone call or text could not have been sent prior to my arrival.

For this time of year the course is in very good shape. The greens were rolling.very well

Great Old Course, Well Maintained

Arbor Hills is a well maintained, traditional style golf course. I thoroughly enjoy golfing well designed, older courses, especially when they are as well maintained as Arbor Hills. Basically, any link to Donald Ross or A.W. Tillinghast will guarantee you an enjoyable round, you just need to appreciate the subtlety of what a historic course like this offers. I think its simplicity and straight forward design is what makes it a pretty great course. Lenawee Country Club and Jackson Country Club are definitely nicer courses, however they are still private. Arbor Hills, as a former private country club, offers a similar playing experience with very good course conditions at a great price. I highly recommend you play it - it's not pretentious, it's just a nice course that offers a refreshing step back in time.

Old time golf

This is a fantastic old time golf course, tees very close to the greens, tree lined fairways, smallish greens, only a few traps around the greens. The way golf used to be way back when.

We loved this course. It's tight! Put your driver back in the bag for most of the round. I loved the greens, nice condition and a nice break. I'd play this course again and again.

Bonus, one of the best tasting apples I've ever picked 'in the wild' was on the back nine. Sweet and tart and juicy and flat out terrific!

A Good Course.

A shorter course that puts a high value in shot making. It provides an interesting variety of hole that need to be played between your ears before you tee up your ball.

not bad if you can get a hot deal.

Regular rates are overpriced, but it is a descant course. Course is kept up pretty well and the greens ran smooth.

Nice course, Nice greens

Not just your run of the mill golf courses. Not the best but better than most. For $10 bucks, 18 holes w/cart using golfnow you just can't beat it.

Sunday Round

I played in the afternoon on Sunday, the course wasn't that full so we moved pretty quick. Overall the course looked good, some of the tee boxes were unkept and also uneven which provided for some awkward drives. Additionally, the bunkers were not standard across the holes, some had decent sand depth and consistentency while others only had hard packed dirt. However, the greens rolled pretty well and had decent pace. Lastly, some of the trees need to be trimmed, I don't think the course designer envisioned branches hanging over most of the fairways making straight in shots impossible. If I knew I had to be on the right or left side of the fairway to have a shot in when I tee'd off I wouldn't have minded, but going in blind and landing in the fairway and still having to contend with branches wasn't fun.
Overall, I'd play again.

Plays Once a year

The course was amazing!

As a first time gold player Arbor Hills made it a easy game to pick up! They have a very helpful staff. They worked with me learning how to go about getting a cart, renting a bucket of balls for the driving range, and even the returning process for the cart. The course was rather diffcult because of the various holes that all including hitting your ball over water. As a first time player, I just basically had to start on the other side which was rather discourging. Besides that everything was more than I could've asked for!

Average

Got stuck behind very elderly people that didn't let us play through. Course is in decent condition and not too difficult.

A truly nice course. Front nine is challenging and the back is set up to score low

Arbor hills was once a fine country club that went public due to changing economy. A great course for the money. A must play for anyone with 25-30 minutes.

good course, even better prices

Good course, in good shape. For the price, this is a must play. I spent $2 more for a fantastic 18 holes as opposed to a 9 hole course needing work.

Not too busy Great Condition

This was a local country club prior to becoming a public course. Well maintained very difficult pin placements on the day we played. We enjoyed the challenge each pin gave us.

Featured

Great course! Always deals!

Arbor Hills is moderately challenging. Fairways are relatively wide however if you miss to the right or left you are likely forced with a punch out on every hole. Top 4 course in Jackson which is a complement considering the competition in the area.

Careful with the snakes near the river on Hole #4!

beatiful course, go play!!!!

Arbor Hills is a beatiful course, it has some easy holes and some difficult ones too. I really enjoyed it and will be going back soon!

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.