A view from a fairway at Wallinwood Springs Golf Club.

Style Links
Wallinwood Springs Golf Club

Year Built 1991

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times. No cut-off shorts or tank tops.

Bar, Restaurant

I hope more people don’t find out about the course.

Older gentleman in the clubhouse is incredibly friendly and helpful. Younger guy running the shop this time is a bit of a d-bag. Course is amazing, and I hope it keeps being a secret. No one wears masks indoors if that is at all a concern for you. I cannot give anything less than 5 stars for the quality and bargain that this course offers. I’ll be applying for a membership next year if possible.

Good Course

Overall the course was in good shape for the time of year. We didn't have many people on the course with us. I would recommend the course to others to play.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Wallinwood Springs Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 09/25/2020

Fun Course

The course is a bit challenging for me but I enjoy the challenges, water, bunkers, mounds and the scenery and landscape are great. Fairways and greens seem to be in better shape on the front nine than the back.

Course

The course has improved since played 3 weeks ago. The back nine was backed up today so the attendant allowed us to replay front nine as no one was slowing pace. Greens are improving.

Leisurely round

the course is a nice layout but in poor condition. Sand traps are more gravel traps which haven't been racked in awhile. Grass growing in the traps. Bad news.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Wallinwood Springs Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Good Day

the course is beautiful, well taken care of, but s bit to challenging for me and those playing with me. If you are looking for a challenging course this is one... especially the back 9. Good marks... but I need to be a bit better to at again... and I will.

Great potential

Wallinwood always has great potential, outside of that everything is poor. Owners simply have to care!

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Wallinwood Springs Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Course fairways

Fairways were in rough shape, lots of weeds, somewhat dry, but the layout is awesome. It’s very beautiful on the course, especially with the water. I think it could just use a little more care and water, maybe more sand in traps, with less weeds.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Wallinwood Springs Golf Club.

Old Reliable - Wallinwood Springs

Most of the reviews likely focus on the Jekyll and Hyde aspect of their two nine hole layouts here but we walked the 1st 9 this morning so I'll only comment on the tamer of those 2 characters.
It's a good test and once you've played it once you can really attack it and try to score a number. 41 today was best of the year and I left my driver in the car on purpose. It's not a long course and if you can get off the tee 200 yards or 225 you are AOK to still score. Don't need the driver so was my 1st round likely ever I tried to hit hybrids and long irons off the tee. Didn't lose a ball and scored well, used a few more clubs than I would normally as well.
The par 3 3rd and par 4 9th are my favs here on this route. 3 is along par3 w/ bunker protecting and roll up style shots and played 215 yards today. Awesome test. 9 is a dogleg left and a kidney bean shaped tight green and a great looking chute from the back tees on the tee shot.
It's such a pleasant walk, not too hilly and very close green to tee box walks. We were alone out there this morning and played in 1 hour and 40 minutes w/o any rushing around. Greens were in very good shape w/ how much play the 1st 9 has gotten due to flooding on the back earlier in the year. Greens were soft, green and not many pitch marks so someone is working hard out there to keep them looking good.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Wallinwood Springs Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Course conditions

Clubhouse looked worn. Not what you would imagine it should look like. Grounds crew could spend a day around the exterior and spruce it up instead of weed walking around ponds. Staff was more than friendly. A+ . No mask but that didn't bother me. Front 9 in much better shape than the back. Doubt if ill be back anytime soon.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

The Back 11

Although the day was hot and muggy, we were glad to get out and would recommend Wallinwood to others. The front 7 were relatively easy, straight forward and encouraging, but the back 11 were filled with very challenging water and woods hazards and a couple that were the result of course pitfalls like a green that was brown dirt and a couple holes where the water covered too much of the fairway and a couple where the geese left so many rectal emissions that it was nearly impossible to keep your balls from getting terdy! We were glad to be done, and yet strangely eager to play there again... and we will! Quite honestly,, some of the back holes were too much for my meager talents to handle.

A few hole on the back nine were in rough condition, but overall the golfing was enjoyable

Course conditions

Well kept. Back 9 has some rough flood damaged areas but otherwise nice.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Grandville, Michigan