Pine Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1961
Architect Bruce Matthews III

Pine Hills

Fun challenging course. The carts aren’t the best. But fun course for the money.

The layout of the course is a little different as it has some short par fours and more par three’s than normal. Fun course to play but could of been in better shape with mowed and watered fairways.

This course is somewhat challenging

The course is fun to play and has nature all around. The layout allows you to use just about every club in your bag.

Good for the money

The staff was nice the carts are ok they do the job. The layout of the course is ok it was a wet day when i went I would give this place another try sometime

Good course for value

My friend and I have played this course a few time in the last year. This was by far our best experience at Pine Hills. The older gentleman who was running the show today was beyond helpful and nice! The course was in great condition even when not in the fairway (which was often for me today)! Loved the nature out there today. Only hard part was 18. A little misleading as to how the hole is but we got thru all 500+ yards. We will be back! Thank you for a great afternoon on the links.

Good course for the money

The course was nice - pretty short but required good shots. The fairway and most grass was super dead and like hitting off cement. We had a nice time.

Plays Once a year

Good value

Always seem to get the worst cart they have. Spend sooo much time trying to get the things to run/move. Ruins your golf vibe dealing with a sub par cart.

a real gem between Flushing and Saginaw

Had a blast visiting Briar Ridge today - the GM, George, was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and made me feel welcome as a first time visitor. The unassuming clubhouse is surprising well appointed, as was the pro shop/check-in area. I didn't get a chance to sample any food this time, but will on my next visit to rate my favorite dine and compare items (cheeseburger + fries!) The course really struck me as being in remarkable shape for it being opening week, and the near invisible and courteous grounds crews were out in full force keeping the boxes, fairways, and greens in the best shape as possible. The track plays somewhere between easy to moderate challenge, which for me, early in the season, was a relief as I golfed pretty good today. You can never complain too much when your drives are mostly in the middle and your irons are clicking! Overall, I had a really fun time and enjoyed the round very much - I will be returning near mid season to see how nice things can improve over the early season, but very acceptable, conditions.

Commented on 06/16/2017

Well, ummmm....this is the review site for Pine Hills, soooooo....

Perfect for practice

Our first time out in a long time so we wanted practice. Cheaper than driving range and nice long fairways. Fun time and the nicest people

Don't waste your money

Terrible layout, terrible condition, ancient carts. It's obvious no one cares about the golf course and hasn't for a while.

Hidden Gem

This course is in the middle of nowhere.. unlike many of these majestic courses that are popping up across mid Michigan, Pine Hills has the look & feel of a course we all grew up playing on. Great rates. Super friendly staff. It's a course I plan on putting in my rotation to play once a month if I can.

Not bad for a hot deal!

This really isn't that bad of a course. Most of the holes are fairly wide, and the upkeep isn't the best, but definitely not the worse course I've ever played. Dont expect a paved drive, or a huge club house either because this is far from it. I would easily pay another 10 dollars somewhere else to play 18, but if you can get the $5 hot deal for 18 with a cart, its a cheap round that you wont be disappointed about

Will play again

Got a rain check, wet and cold morning. Good course to play.

Value over length

Great fun for the value. Several people let me play through. Finished my round in 2 hours. Good ego boost not very challenging. Made me feel like a real bomber.

$17 for 18 holes and I still left unhappy

Generally speaking, you can't lose is you golf 18 holes for $17... And then I played Pine Hills G.C.. This was our first and final attempt at this course and I was very disappointed. The mosquitoes were unbearable, and the course had obviously not sprayed. When your course is covered in wooded areas, you have to spray. There are no real cart paths, just worn down grass to show where people had ventured before you. In order to avoid long waits for our SCHEDULED TEE TIME, they started us off on hole #13, a 120 yard par 3. They had another par 3 that was 85 yards... from the BLUE TEES. The course layout was terrible and it doubles as a disc golf course. There was an actual confrontation between disc and traditional golfers in reference to who has the right of way.... on a golf course. Finally, there were putting greens, randomly dispersed around the golf course... including in the middle of the fairway on a downhill, dogleg left hole that featured multiple overgrown swamps and several dead tree stumps.

Overall, I normally love unique country courses with their little idiosyncrasies and small town feel. But yesterday, I just left feeling tired and disinterested. Pretty disappointing.

$17 for 18 holes and I still left unhappy

I wouldn't think that there is any way you can lose while paying $17 for 18 holes of golf, no matter what the conditions. However, I had never played Pine Hills. We arrived and parked in an all grass parking lot, similar to a backyard graduation party. The staff was friendly but the course wasn't run efficiently. In order to keep us from waiting at the #1 tee for our SCHEDULED TEE TIME, they had us tee off from hole #13... A 115 yard par 3, and that was not the shortest hole. Bad course layout, no actual cart paths, just dirt lines from carts that braved this course before us. A dogleg left par 4 with overflowing swamps all over it. They obviously had not done any form of mosquito spraying. and considering that most of the course is wooded, that's a must. I could go on, but what's the point. We took a chance with a country course and we got what we paid for.... I guess.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.