Red/White at Mistwood Golf Course

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Worse greens I’ve ever played

Course is in really bad shape. Is dry and the greens are terrible. I don’t think I ever going to play there.

Response from Mistwood Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Hello Joanem, on behalf of Mistwood Golf Course staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Going downhill

I've been.coming to Mistwood for over 20 years including a few Stay and play packages at their condos. After last week i must say what a dissapointment this last visit was. The greens have ALWAYS been amazing, true and fast.... but, sadly, it looks like those days are gone. Many of the greens were in terrible shape. Particularly, number 2 red course. It was really sad because no. 7 and 8 greens on red were in great shape... just like the place used to be. I told the cart girl and Penny,, who works in the grill. They both said they've been hearing the same thing from other regulars. When I mentioned it to the guy in the pro shop, it kind of did not matter to him. I dont know if theres a mew compamy taking over, but it will be awhile before I go back. The courses have a great layout (except for #7 on White... they messed that up a couple years ago with a real estate deal). Hopefully, things will improve.

Nice layout BUT...

Nice layout on blue and red nines...staff very friendly...but greens had a lot of disease and rough was cut quite high.

Response from Mistwood Golf Course on 07/02/2018:
Hello Gene, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Mistwood Golf Course, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Good value for money

Course was in pretty good condition some greens were not real good not much grass but overall good condition and great staff

Response from Mistwood Golf Course on 06/25/2018:
Thank you for playing Mistwood and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy about the condition of some of the greens, but he are happy to hear that you enjoyed the layout and our staff. We will continue to strive to provide a great customer experience for our golfers, and we hope you are able to see improvements with our greens the next time you are with us. Thank you again for the feedback, and we look forward to hearing more.

This was a very pleasant course to play! The greens are in great shape! Very well laid out.

Better than ave reviews

Played again after 10tyear abscence. Played White and Blue courses both 9 holes of 27 total. Excellent greens, true and fast. All greens rolled same. Second plus was wide areas for driving almost every hole. Course in much better condtion than reviews I checked. Will go back.

Average across the board

When I played here I wasn't blown away, but I also didn't hate it. That's kind of how every hole on this course is. There are some cool holes, but there are also some that don't make much sense. The conditioning is fairly decent except for a few brown patches and some problem spots on a few greens. If you're in the area and have nothing else to do, you could play here; I just wouldn't go out of your way to play. You'll get a very humdrum golf experience.

Great for the price

Shorter course but in good shape with many good holes.

Fun to play!

LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!

I've played Mistwood (they have three nines) dozens of times. Excellent hole after excellent hole. Superb, fast, challenging but not silly (this is meant as a great compliment) greens. This course is also perfect for walking (which is what I always do). . Greens and tees are very close. If you want a 90 foot uphill golf cart ride after every green go elsewhere. The courses have wonderful rolling landscape with almost no "cardiac" hills. There is a very good driving range. Nothing what I'd call fancy here. But the golf is superb and reasonably priced. Love this place.

Great value; fast play

Played here on vacation after dropping one of my kids off at Lake Ann Camp just a mile or so down the road. Greens were in great shape. Layout is fair and fun. Bunkers had enough sand. Super-friendly staff. Snack bar has all you need but the bar/restaurant has good food, albeit hours that aren't the same each day. If you're vacationing west of Traverse City, add this to your rotation as a good value place to play.

so sad to lose this course

Havong played this course regularly it is very sad to watch it deteriorate.

this was all premium bent grass fairways and greens

rocks in sand traps, moss on greens and gairways left in disarray

This may be the last we see of Mistwood

too bad really loved this course and the people.

Response from Mistwood Golf Course on 07/27/2017:
Hello Gary, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mistwood Golf Course in the Norther Michigan area. We are sorry to hear that the course may have not been in the best shape when you played and we appreciate your feedback so that further improvements can be made. Thank you for your loyalty to our golf course and we hope to earn you business again soon.

Mistwood Decline

Unfortunately, I have to say that Mistwood has declined significantly over the last 2 years. My group of 30 has decided not to play Mistwood anymore for 2 main reasons. Their pricing is not competitive with other local courses and their overall turf condition is sub par.

It's really sad because Mistwood used to be among the best of the local venues and their greens were perfect.....not anymore though!

Response from Mistwood Golf Course on 09/22/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Mistwood Golf Course, in the Northern Michigan area. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and that your round was not at a great value for you and your group. Your feedback is appreciated so that we know where improvements can be made. Thank you for your loyalty over the years and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Don't Do It!

It appears Mistwood is on the verge of folding. The fairways were dirt and weeds. The tee boxes were completely neglected. The greens looked like they haven't filled in yet from last years aeration. The one person in the pro shop was very friendly. The restaurants and bar were closed. We were there at 11:30 am. on a Monday. So sad to see it in this condition. We have played it for years and have watched the slow demise to the very poor condition it is in now. Way too expensive.

eveslow
Commented On 07/16/2017

This is bad to hear. I would really like the course to reply to this comment.

Good Course to Play

Staff very friendly, course in great shape for this time of year -- grass a little long. Greens in good shape, bunkers maintained.

white blue course

the greens were in great shape. fairways pretty good.hole 7 on the white was shortened because of construction.

This is a good vacation golf course!

Good course with fast and true greens. Challenging for all levels of players. Close to beautiful Lake Ann and Interlochen.

Good Course

Course is in beautiful shape. great day.

Nice layout

Great staff, course was in ok shape.

Fun to Play

Played the Red/Blue course. The Red 9, was not in very good condition. Tee boxes were pretty chewed up, Lots of clover around the greens. Some greens were 25% covered in Goose droppings. Blue course was much better condition. Greens were fairly fast. Both course had plenty of landing areas. Overall, fun to play.

Valid dates: Nov 08, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018