Whispering Willows Golf Course

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times. No tank tops.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #22)

Frustrated

It was unfortunate that I, as a senior resident was charged $38 rate on a weekday afternoon for 18 holes w a cart.
I thought it was a mistake but not! Course not worth that! Won't be back...

Commented on 10/07/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Whispering Willows. We hope to see you again in the future.

I was disappointed that I had a 6pm tee time and was sent off on number ten where three groups were waiting to tee off. I would have had to wait fifteen minutes or more to tee off. Would have been lucky to get three holes in. Got a refund instead but waisted a 1/2 hour driving to and from the course.

Nice Municipal Course

Played early. Played 18 in 3.5 hours. Course is always in good condition. Nice tee boxes, nice fairways, true greens with lots of movement. This is my favorite of the Livonia courses. I’ll be back!

Good course operations mostly

The course is nice, but they inexplicably changed the policy about taking carts into the parking lot. I've been playing this course for 30 years and can't understand the change. I'm an aging senior and this is difficult for me. Keep this in mind if you want to play here.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Whispering Willows. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

One of my favorite courses

A good challenge of golf. The course can be made to play quite difficult, but the staff keeps it challenging without being unfair. Typically, in good repair.

Poor Planning on Tee-Times

We were the first group off after an outing took place and we sailed through the front 9. When we made the turn, we were stuck for every shot behind people. It's as if they put out players playing 9-only out on the back 9, instead of starting on the front, so it slowed everything to a screeching hault. Also, the GPS units in each cart were on, but didn't work. The course was playing Cart-Path-Only, but there were no signs in the club-house or around the practice range stating such, so not until getting stuck in the middle of the fairway on the first hole did you know that it was Cart-Path-Only.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Whispering Willows. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

It is ok course

Overall It is a good experience to play there, but several tee box areas are not maintained very well with less grass.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Great course, but needs better maintenance timing

Played here for the first time yesterday, and the views were spectacular! The greens were very well kept, and the course layout was challenging but very manageable.

My only real point of frustration was with the lawnmower operator. It sounds silly to say, but for almost five entire holes he was following me very closely, idling loudly behind me and smoking cigarettes (and leaving them on the ground. I must have stepped on six of them just of the greens).

Even after letting him pass, and waiting a few extra minutes at the turn, he still wound up behind us again. I'm not sure if it was our tee time or what, but it was very distracting and really detracted from the overall experience, and it definitely affected my game.

Again, this is a small and simple point, but hopefully something that will be considered by management for future rounds. I would definitely love to come back!

Commented on 08/13/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Whispering Willows, and we hope to see you again soon.

Pretty average course

It’s been a long time since I played here last, and it was pretty much how I remembered it. Decent layout, but so many blind shots from the tee. If you’re not familiar with the course, you’re just guessing how far to the doglegs, etc...The carts has some sort of gps system for course layout and scoring, but offered no assistance for yardages.
I would call this course mediocre. The pace of play was decent, as we completed our round in about 4 hours.

Livonia, Michigan