Whispering Willows Golf Course

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times. No tank tops.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #22)

Horribly Overbooked

Took 5 hours to finish a round. It wasn't like I was playing behind a group of 4 hackers. Everyone at every hole on the course was waiting 5 mins to shoot. I have to believe it was because the course is way overbooked.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Whispering Willows. We hope to see you again soon.

Great condition

I play whispering willows a couple times a year. This was the best condition I’ve seen it in. Green were fast and the fairways in great condition. For the price you can’t beat it. Only complaint was they should have water available out on the course especially when it so hot. But a ranger did come out and give free water bottles so that was great!

Slow Play

the 2nd and 11th hole tee boxes continue to produce logjams and it never got better thru the round. the carts are over managed with the controls and I had to reverse out of the rough when the cart quit. The rangefinder didn't work and the screen kept flashing, your time is up, return to clubhouse.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Enjoy Playing Here

I very much enjoy playing this course. It has some challenging holes as well as some wide fairways.

Bad carts, pro greens, bad pin placement

Carts have GPS and will only allow cart path only (course was not wet) and sometimes would allow partial fairway driving before shutting off, forcing you to slowly back up to cart path. Should've just walked! I'm a senior and not able to walk that much because carts wouldn't allow driving to the ball. Also noticed a camera lens on the display monitor (just like the ones on a laptop computer) I guess we were being watched!
The greens were like concrete and most pins were set on a volcano or break point so if you miss, ball rolls off the green!
The ranger was rude!
Our foursome ended up with the worst scores in decades and totally exhausted.
If they paid me $41.00 to play there, I wouldn't do it!!!

Commented on 07/02/2019

Hello. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Whispering Willows.

Course condition great for public course. 12am tee time great

Course condition great as far as fairways and greens. Only 3 holes cart path only after all the rains. Some tee boxes need to be redone on par threes.

Had noon tee time on Sunday and was expecting slow play. Only 4 and 1/2 hours. Hit it just right I guess.

Nice bar and restaurant there.

Needs a few things, but great course

So my friends and I are the type that we would like to see water more on the course. If there's a consistent presence of a cart girl, we can choose to buy beverages but having water to drink is essential. Especially when it's as hot as it has been. Also, keeping an eye on who goes out in front of who is key. We have played twice this season and have had foursomes out in front of us as a two group. We try not to press, but it's hard not to. Tee boxes, leveling out your boxes and making sure they aren't all dull of divots and uneven would make the experience that much better too.

No available after-work tee times

Not sure if they are excluding the public, but I never can find tee times between 4 and 6pm on weekdays when I want to unwind with friends from work. Course is fine otherwise.

Wet, wet, wet.

From fairways to rough it was a very wet day. The course was cart path only, which was ok, but if you hit your ball anywhere off the fairway it's going to be impossible to find. Even in the fairway the balls plug and are hard to find. It's not the courses fault because of all of the rain, but it was a very hard day of golf.

Commented on 06/04/2019

Hello kohlio, thank you for taking the time to review us, Whispering Willows Golf Course and for the 3 stars. We're very sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we hope you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/04/2019

Hello, Kohlio. Thank you for reviewing Whispering Willows Golf Course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice course but was too wet to rate and enjoy. The pace was horrid

I like the course layout and it seemed well groomed. However it was waterlogged and play conditions were terrible. I could have overlooked that but the pace was horrid. We were behind 4 elderly women and 2 3-4 hours we only made it to the 4th tee. We were stacked up 8 groups waiting on them and the ranger wanted to argue with us when everyone called the clubhouse to complain.

Commented on 06/07/2019

Hi, u2713938. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Whispering Willows. We hope to see you again soon.

OMG

This course is the worse shape I have ever seen it! I know we had a lot of rain in May but if you don’t hit the fairway good luck on finding your ball! The pace of play is horrible. They need to have rangers on course to speed up play!

Commented on 06/07/2019

Hi, Dennis6504039. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Whispering Willows. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 06/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Whispering Willows Golf Course. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Very poor pace of play.

It was a cart path only day which required golfers to walk more than usual. As a result pace was half what it should have been. Since the grounds have been saturated for weeks the staff should have anticipated the situation and reserved and spaced tee times double the normal time. Since they didn't groups ended up spending the majority of time sitting at tee boxes rather than golfing. Not how the game is meant to be played. I wasted two hours sitting at nine holes and had to forfeit half my round because of the extended time.

Commented on 06/03/2019

Hi, jjimrod. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. We are currently working to get everything up to par and assure you that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance and making the necessary changes. Thank you for playing Whispering Willows Golf Course. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Livonia, Michigan