Currie East at Currie Municipal Golf Course

2.3
2.1

Currie – East Course
Scorecard for East
Blue M: 70.7/116 382 211 504 182 504 357 378 420 370 3308 483 164 348 357 374 207 367 503 382 3185 6493
White M: 69.5/112 377 188 493 170 493 327 369 412 346 3175 460 140 338 349 346 180 342 490 375 3020 6195
Gold M: 64.9/104 311 158 431 117 420 290 306 326 302 2661 387 130 291 288 295 167 303 439 302 2602 5263
Red W: 69.5/110 311 158 431 117 420 290 306 326 302 2661 387 130 291 288 295 146 303 439 302 2581 5242

Year Built 1954
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Jerry Matthews (1995)

2.4

19th Hole Specials 1
Played On 08/02/2017

Never go back!

I played for midland high and currie WAS my home course! I just went back for the first time in 10 years and I will never be back again! Apparently the rude old men are allowed to flip you off and scream at you while you attempt to repair any of yours, or for that matter everyone elses ball marks and divets. No one is responsible or respectful at this course at all. Golf was a gentlemens game and if you are a female you are not welcome to play the west! Completely overpriced for the harrassment!
Staff Friendliness Poor
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Good
Played On 05/18/2017

Solid Public Course

Good course. One of the better public courses around. Good value at twilight, especially if you're playing the east. 27 holes prevents the course from getting too crowded and adds variety. You can find better deals in the area, but this isn't a bad choice.
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Layout Excellent
Played On 06/16/2015

Gem in Mid-Michigan

A solid Michigan golf course not far from the Tri-Cities, well worth the money. Well groomed - flat tee boxes (5 per hole), wide fairways, huge greens with average speed. Good variety of layouts. Cart fairly new ran well and we finished 18 holes in around 4 hours. Staff was friendly and courteous. We'll be back!
Quality of food & beverage Excellent
Played On 06/02/2015

Beautiful course, poor customer service.

Booked 18 holes through this service. Once arrived at pro shop, staff told me and my playing partner that we could only play 9 due to leagues. Instead of fixing the problem, and sending us off on another 9 or even trying to resolve the issue, staff just blamed the booking service.This was disappointing due to driving over 20 miles to course which didn't leave anytime to play elsewhere.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Poor
Played On 05/02/2015

Started as a 1-Star review, ended as a 5!

Let me start by saying that the "West course" at Currie is gorgeous. Wildlife abound, and it's enclosed enough that you never feel like you're playing a municipal course alongside a highway. It offers everything you could want in a Michigan golf course, including forced carries/layups, well bunkered and fast greens, and nice terrain. I had the opportunity to play this course on May 2nd, 2015 for the first time. I had an early morning tee time, and teed off right on time. However, I was chasing sprinklers all the way through the 13th hole around 9:30. I had to wait on multiple occasions for the sprinklers to be turned off in order to proceed. The course was drenched, making many areas unplayable, and making the round altogether very unpleasant. I waited for more than 10 minutes at the 13th tee before someone came around offering to shut the sprinklers off if I was "in a hurry", otherwise they would turn off automatically "pretty soon". I told this guy not to worry, that I would not be returning after the completion of my round. If this had been the end of the story, I would be leaving a 1 or 2 star review. But it was NOT the end of the story. Apparently the gentleman I spoke to was the course superintendent, who communicated my displeasure to the general manager, Paul Milholland. After my round, as I was loading my equipment into my car to leave, Mr. Milholland came out to my vehicle, introduced himself and personally apologized for my experience. He explained the sprinkler issue to me, and offered me a rain-check to come back and give them another opportunity. Mr. Milholland went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure that I didn't leave dissatisfied. I was only one player, and the course surely wouldn't go under by losing the business of one person, but he took the initiative to take care of me anyways. Businesses take note, THIS is excellent customer service! This is how you make your guests feel good about coming back. In doing all of this, Currie has earned a repeat customer with me. I WILL be going back, and I will be sharing this story with others. One simple act of great customer service turned a 1-star experience into a 5-star experience! Thank you, Mr. Milholland!
Course Conditions Fair
Played On 07/10/2014

Excellent value

Wonderful conditions. Moderately challenging. Excellent greens.
Quality of food & beverage Good
Played On 06/12/2014

My new favorite course

I really enjoyed my round at Currie West because it is a well maintained course but not overly challenging for my skill level. There are also 5 sets of tees you can play which makes it playable for any skill level.
Pace of Play Good
Course Conditions Good
Played On 06/01/2014

Excellent Greens and layout

The greens roll great and the layout provides a great mix of holes. This isn't a typical "munie" track. With the deal from golfnow, it's a great value of excellent track and conditions.
Quality of food & beverage Good
Pace of Play Good
Played On 06/01/2014

9 holes of fun

I grabbed a nice 18-hole deal, but the course is only 9 holes. You start out with an easy par 5 ( I went eagle/birdie) and it gets a little more difficult afterwards. Primarily all flat holes with trees on a few holes - including a giant ok the middle of the fairway. I don't exactly get why it's there as it makes the tee shot an impossible one. I suppose you could hit 9 iron off the tee, IDK. Not a bad course overall. Would play again.
Course Conditions Good
higginsupnorth
Commented On 12/03/2016
Apparently you don't golf often, that tree is strategically located, as to make you 'bend' your shot around it. You know the whole Fade/Draw strategy. Makes it fun to come across those from time to time.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019