Oak Ridge Golf Club - MI

Year Built 1950
Fairways Poa Annua Grass

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times.

Snacks

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Mosquito, Mosquitoes, Mosquitos,

Had to leave after 9 holes...the course is unplayable with literally massive swarms of mosquitos. The staff person in the club house was unfriendly as well I won’t go back for a long while.

Fees were cheaper at the course than thru GolfNow

Their fall rates had taken effect, and it was actually cheaper to pay at the desk. I didn't understand that the $10.00 I prepayed on-line could not be credited to my final bill. The clerk at the pro shop was not At all friendly. She had a rude disposition from the beginning. She'd be looking for a new job if I were her boss!

Commented on 11/11/2015

We appreciate your feedback. For the most part, we always try to offer the best rates through the course, so call or check online for tee times. As far as the customer service, we definitely hold all staff to very high standards and apologize that you experienced less than. We hope you will visit again in the future.

Truly average

I have been playing Oak Ridge for the last 20 years due to close proximity to my home. The course has never been the place to play for exceptional conditions but the greens are always in decent shape and roll true. The fairways are rolling and bumpy so you will NEVER have a flat lie after hitting it down the middle. I guess it helps the course defend itself from the short yardage. The ownership and the way the course is managed needs some serious work. Yesterday I played behind two six-some groups and waited on every tee at least 15 minutes. Not to mention, the owner played with 7 people in her group and caught us on the back nine due to us being stuck behind the six-some groups. She seemed frustrated with us even though it was her fault for previously sending out 12 players in two tee time slots. 6 hours later, we finished our round.
Golf is an expendable income sport and I never feel appreciated when I give my money to Oakridge. Overall if your looking for a course with decent greens and a confidence booster, head here. Otherwise, I there are plenty of other courses charging the same rate that are in better condition and appreciate your money.

Commented on 11/11/2015

We're disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with the pace of play. We try our best to value your time with bookings. We are however, glad you enjoy the course, and hope you will come back to see us again in the future.

great day

Great weather great challenge nice course. I would recommend this course to any intermediate player

Commented on 11/11/2015

Thank you for the kind words! We're really glad you enjoy the course, come back and see us soon.

oakridge golf course

Tee time was double booked so i waited most holes. Course was in great shape. If you play there book through golfnow as regular rates are too high for what you get.

Commented on 11/11/2015

We're glad you enjoyed the course, we work hard to maintain great greens. We do apologize for any dissatisfaction with pace of play, we try our best to value your time. Come have a round again soon!

Quirky

Fun course. Lots of variety. Very wet. Need to play the course a couple of times to know where to drive the ball on a number of holes. Greens are excellent. Fast and true. Senior tees are same as ladies. Need to be moved those to an intermediate point. Will play again.

Commented on 11/11/2015

Glad you enjoyed the course! Definitely come back and see us again soon.

Not bad

Nice course. The staff could've done a better job with the greens. The greens were full of debris from the trees. Made putting a bit difficult. Pretty nice overall

Love the course and location

This is a long course for short-hitting women. Our husbands had no difficulty. Pretty, well-maintained course. We play here often. The only complaint is that we golfed on a very hot day and although the course has chilled drinking fountains, there were no cups available to take a drink along the way. The pop we bought in the clubhouse didn't stay cold long. Wish the beverage cart had been out.

Great course for the discounted price.

The course was well maintained. Pace of play was good and staff was cordial. The carts are starting to show their age. Overall the experience was pleasurable and well worth the money

good value

There are some holes that are surprising to a point , that this is going to be a tough hole and you might say oh boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Llike a trip back in time.

Typical "old" course - many tree lined fairways and small greens. The fairways are bare in places but the greens are in nice condition.

Great condition and very pleasing to the eye.

I first played Oakridge in the mid 1960's, when it was known as "Pontaluna", and I can honestly say the course is in the best condition I ever remember. Play moved along well...3.5 hrs from time golf bag was removed from trunk to the time it was returned. Finally, no matter how many golf holes I have already played or will play in my lifetime, #7, #14, #15, & #16 at Oakridge will remain near the top of my list of "all-time favorites."

Very slow play, greens good

Course in good shape, greens nice. Play was very slow however. Overall it is good locals course. I'd play again if play time could be improved.

In Great Condition

The course is in great condition. Only thing I could complain about is that there never seems to be a beer cart out.

Decent course, but wait for a deal

Very busy conditions on the course, people behind us waiting as we were waiting on people in front of us. Wait on each hole was almost 5 to 10 minutes. Seemed like they booked too many tee times or let too many walk ons play.
As for the course, greens were in good shape, not terribly fast, but true. Fairways in overall good shape. Tee boxes need some attention, as well as some of the rough. The layout is pretty boring minus a few holes on the back 9.

Nice layout, not an ideal course after rain.

Unique arrangement of holes where there are 3 tee boxes and 3 greens in small area. The par 3's are different and challenging.

A great golf value

I really like this course. It's challenging but fair. It's well maintained with very good tees, fairways and greens. This course has character with elevation changes on only a few holes. I played as a single on a slow day so my time of 2.5 hours for 18 is a little deceiving but pace has never been an issue for as many times as I've played this course.

Spring Lake, Michigan