Eldorado Golf Course
Chrome 72 5880 yards 68.2 117
Ride 72 5232 yards 70.6 127
Comfort 72 4923 yards 68.4 115
Scorecard for El Dorado Golf Course
Steel M: 72.8/137 414 346 195 379 384 466 143 490 378 3195 532 414 220 443 391 430 560 164 487 3641 6836
Power M: 69.5/126 382 313 180 373 373 439 133 462 351 3006 523 384 190 438 333 410 524 154 425 3381 6387
Chrome M: 68.0/118 354 255 170 350 325 435 124 455 344 2812 481 360 155 323 326 371 493 144 415 3068 5880
Ride W: 70.0/125 297 246 130 303 285 388 114 395 313 2471 463 324 135 319 278 336 448 131 327 2761 5232
Comfort W: 68.3/121 292 238 111 299 280 384 104 391 283 2382 413 272 120 286 270 313 438 109 320 2541 4923

Year Built 1996
Greens Bent
Architect Bob Meyer

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Good value

Previously a resident of the area so played the course quite often and since I have relocated still manage to take a few buddies up there and having a good time and round. As long as the staff of course maintain their standards will be returning again soon beautiful up there for fall golf.

BLIND SHOT GOLF

Dont' play here. 15 good holes. Three holes have bad blind shots where the reeds come into the fairway or you cannot see where fairway runs out. You cannot drive up to see this because of the bad narrow bridges, that could fall apart at any second and no place to turn around if you came back to your tee. Plaques that say how far it is to a hazard are grossly incorrect. Some didn't even have a hazard that the plaque said it did! Gimic golf! Single digit handicappers don't like to lose balls with straight hit shots! DON'T PLAY THIS COURSE!

Response from Eldorado Golf Course on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Eldorado and for leaving us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the course layout on the first time you played here. We hope that you will be able to have a better experience knowing the course if you choose to visit us again.

Great place to play

This is a great Golf Course! There are five different sets of tees for every skill level. The course is challenging, yet Fair. The staff is very friendly, the course is in great shape! It's a destination Golf Course.

Pace of Play

The pace of play at Eldorado was terrible. It took my partner and I over five hours to play 18 holes. No rangers in sight. Play behind us was a group of six men who played loud music, swore constantly, appeared to be intoxicated and acted unsafely by loading four people on golf carts and did golf cart drag racing.

Response from Eldorado Golf Course on 08/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Eldorado Golf Course, in the Cadillac, Michigan area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the rangers so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

The course lay out is great conditions were super with the lack of rain we have had the entire course was green and plush

Highly Recommended

Course is appropriately challenging for all levels, with 5 tee boxes offered. It was a hot day, mid-to-upper 80s and the greens were cruising! Even with the dry, hot weather over the recent weeks, the course was beautiful and green and well maintained. You can tell they take their mowing and watering seriously. Staff was also very friendly and helpful.

Better Courses at this Price

This is a well kept course for the most part, but it lacks the touches of a typical course in the $69 range.

Pros: some fun holes, nice greens and fairways, challenging back 9

Cons: unkept bunkers with weeds and rocks in them, rickety bridges, layout is jammed together with many criss crossing holes, no care for what’s going on with pace of play or even monitoring of it or player conduct, inconsistent green speeds (some would actually plug, while others were firm)

If you can get this course for something in the $39 range, then I would suggest playing it, but at the full rate there are better courses to hit within an hour.

Response from Eldorado Golf Course on 06/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Eldorado Golf Course, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Excellent course

Course was in great shape. Greens are nice and challenging. Staff members were great and ready to help.

Great place to play

Played this course 4 times now and looking forward to my next trip. The staff are friendly and the rates are reasonable. The course has always been in good shape. The greens are nice with somsome challenging holes.

high end area course

the course is in great shape , got a great deal with golf now, played 18 in 3 hours, staff was great, I had a good round and enjoyed myself

Great Value

Eldrorado is a fun course that is a challenge. Staff is always pleasant and helpful, food is outstanding. The course is always in in excellent condition. At $30 it is well worth the drive from Big Rapids

Quality Course, Great Service

It was a cool Sunday Morning that didn't see too many out on the course. My Wife and I manage to get 18 in without having to wait on any holes to hit. The GM and staff were extremely nice, attentive, and great with advising us about the course since it was our first time playing there. Course conditions were good and didn't have any trouble navigating around. Would come back and play when we are in the area for sure.

Best course in Cadillac by far

In a town with some pretty good golf courses, Eldorado stands out as the best. The conditions are always spectacular and the greens are a great challenge. The layout doesn't bore you, and there is enough difficulty to keep good golfers entertained, while still providing an opportunity for the less-talented. There are a few forced carries, but those make the course a blast to play. I would highly recommend this golf course. The staff is friendly and it's located in a great spot. Add this to your next Northern Michigan golf trip!

fall golf

I played on a Monday at 11:30 on the 9TH of October, it was 70 degrees and there were only a handful of golfers on the course. the course was in excellent condition and I played well and had a great time

First timer. Very well taken care of with a mix of tight and open fairways. Challenging hazard locations to make you need to choose your shots wisely. VERY challenging fast greens. Fun, beautiful course.

Eldorado

Always one of my favorites. Course is always in great shape and the staff are very helpful. Pat the G.M. is the best and is always a great host. I play every year there and always come away with positive experience. The only thing I don't like is the 1st and last hole as I'm getting too old to carry those hazards!!!! LOL

CLASSIC, Like the Cars

Although misty and cool, the course conditions were in great shape. Greens were quick, but true. Shot one of my best rounds on the front nine. We (my son and I) partnered up with another 2 some to help with pace of play. It was the start of 3 great days of golf!

A fair but good challenge

Having played the course last year I was anxious to play it again. Played it twice shot 91 and 92. I am a 15 handicap played from the white tees. Very enjoyable.

Staff helpful and friendly. Course was in excellent shape.

Cadillac, Michigan