Golden Hawk Golf Club

Greens Bentgrass
Architect John Grissim

Bar, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2016 #19)

Slow play should be out lawed

I think before any golf course lets people play any more than nine holes, they should be timed on every hole. This golf course needs a ranger to keep the slow players from holding up everyone behind them. It should never take over 5 hours to play 18 holes like it did yesterday.

Gone downhill

I have played Golden Hawk for about 20 years, and today may have been the last time my group and I play there. Sunday morning tee time. No rangers on the course. On the front 9, stuck behind a 5some, on the back a pseudo 6some. The pace of play was atrocious. The course was in terrible shape. There may have been a spot or two that caught some disease and I forgive that. Many other places were torn up and burned out due to neglect. If that is new management, they have done a horrible job of placing capable on site personnel.

Course conditions

Cart paths in poor shape, greens even worse. No way worth the money.

Extreme Delay Almost Every Hole

Course condition was overal moderate at best with many patches of puddles or dried-up grasses. Even worse was the extremely long wait at each hole...in one hole, there was a backlog of 3 groups...called the proshop but no remedy...saw a ranger at the start (hole #1), but the ranger should have been rounding the course instead...could have helped players enjoy the game instead of waiting.

Beautiful day with the Mrs.

Very nice course and is bouncing back well from Covid conditions! Met some great people playing the course!

Course rough

We played their earlier this year and it was in good shape today the greens were totally burnt out and fairways had A lot of bare spots. Seem to be lack of maintenance.

Good Course with Flaws

I have played this course many times and it is in the worst shape that I have ever seen and I really like this course but if it is not in better shape next time I play it, then I just will not come back because it is too expensive to play a course when the greens are just neglected like this, Vargo company needs to get in touch with there course because it is turning into a dump

One of the worst experiences of my life

Easily one of the worst golfing experiences in many years. 11 am round on a Sunday, we arrive at the first tee to find about 7 foursomes backed up. Finally tee off about 50 minutes after our scheduled tee time. About 2 hours later (and about 3 hours since our scheduled tee time) we arrive at the 5th tee which is near the first tee box. So I walk over to the starter and ask if there’s any chance of the pace picking up because we’re on pace for about a 9 hour round and he said “there’s nothing we can do about it, that’s just Sunday golf.” 2 hours for 4 holes is apparently standard Sunday golf! I think what the golf course could do about it is not try to pack 50% too many golfers on the course because they want to take advantage of the fact that golf is one of the few activities available during a pandemic. We made the turn at after 3 (over 4 hours from tee time) and they had begun sending groups off the back as well! As impossible as that is to believe, they were actually ramming additional foursomes off the back between groups coming off a 3 hour front 9. I cannot encourage you strongly enough to pay none of your money to this golf course unless the management changes entirely. A disheartening experience all around. Not to mention the bumpiness of the greens and the fact that multiple tee boxes had tree branches in the swing path.

Crazy overbooked

Absolutely horrible teatime schedule. allowing golfers to tee off after being 45 minutes late and then told us we had a pare up with a large group In the middle of Covid season and if we didn’t like it, To leave. And also Forced to wait 25 minutes after our scheduled teatime, AMD WE ON TIME AND READY TO TEE OFF ON TIME. Too see 26 golfers in front of us all waiting. Golden hawk had no concerns about social distancing Or even a little respect to provide safe social distancing for my brother and I.
Golden hawk had no care to provide safe social distancing or to comply with Michigan state laws of safe social distancing.

Good value.

Probably the best word overall to describe this course is fun. Short from a yardage standpoint, but enough challenge in the way of water hazard placement to make you think a bit about club selection at multiple holes. I’m not a low handicapper, so for me it was perfect. Tree lined fairways, although wide on most spots, forced you to stay reasonably on track. For the price of less than $40 for 18 holes with a cart, I will definitely come back.

The fairways were well maintained, but my observation of the greens matches the reviews of many others....I’ve never seen so many unrepaired ball marks on a course. When I wanted to fix mine, I couldn’t even locate where they were. Also, the cart paths need some stone and gravel thrown down - there were way too many potholes that were tough to avoid.

Extremely slow greens

Course was in decent condition except for the greens. They appeared not to have been cut recently or rolled. Extremely slow with many areas needing attention. It was as if no one fixed a divot since they opened. Actually had to reposition my ball before putting on several greens.

Had a lot of fun

Social distancing good. Some people you have to remind. The 2 guys we were hooked up with were super nice and respectful enjoyed their company. We were a little worried with all the rain we’ve been having but the course was still in good shape.

Little rough round.

I like this course layout. It has a little challenge an some easier holes to make you feel good. We have had a lot of rain in Metro Detroit area so I will cut the course some slack. The green were fuzzy and pitted in areas. Had to move the ball to avoid some rough/pitted areas on the greens.
So with the Covid 19 Virus limiting the amount of play this season my game is a little rough, and so were the greens.
I will play this course again and hope the cart paths are repaired and the greens are in better shape.

Back poor layout

The greens need some repair the front was good the help was good!

Casco, Michigan