Devil's Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect Local Designers

Nice course!

This was our second time - pace was slow and we left at 17. Love the scenery - nice course.

Response from on 08/09/2017:
Our staff is happy to hear you played a second time with us. Thank you for the 5-star review!

Fun and challenging

1st time playing this course was fun and challenging. Great for every level of golfer.

Response from on 08/09/2017:
Practice makes perfect! We look forward to your next round with us so we can provide another 5-star experience.

Great value !

Very scenic with a great up north feeling. Friendly staff and great beverage cart service. I continue to come back for the value of this course.

Response from on 08/09/2017:
We're happy to provide great value to our golf courses! Thank you for the 5-star review.

Incredible vistas. Friendly staff. Tough play. Fun.

We were greeted by friendly staff to take our bags. I hit a bucket of balls before teeing off. The course was anything but flat and anything but boring. It was a very windy day and this made the track even more challenging. It was fun watching from the tee box as the group putting behind us cussed a storm as the wind caused their balls to roll back past them because the same thing happened to us. I prefer to play challenging courses as it gives me an excuse for my horrible play. The vistas are incredible and I really want to play this course during the Autumn, I can't imagine how gorgeous it will be. The play was a bit slow but nothing that seriously affected momentum. I'm playing this course again this weekend in preparation for a scrambled egg contest or something like that. The course is a bit confusing at times, your round will definitely be improved by playing it with someone who's played it once or twice. Overall the course was well manicured, and I didn't have any complaints about the grass. Don't be discouraged if you don't break 100 the first time you play Devil's Ridge.

Response from on 07/19/2017:
Our staff enjoyed reading your review! Friendly customer service from beginning to end is very important to us at Devil's Ridge. It's wonderful to hear you accept the challenge and look forward to your next round with us. See you soon!

A really nice golf course

Great golf course. In really good condition, currently they are replacing the sand in the traps. Once the trap maintenance is complete the course will be as good as they get. Very challenging course with greens that are very tough. The staff is friendly and always seeking to please and improve the course. Nice driving range and practice green. As a member, playing this course has made other courses less intimidating.

Response from on 06/26/2017:
Hi tgsanders54, Our staff is very happy to hear about your friendly customer service. A 5 star experience encompasses every aspect of a day of golf. Making other courses less intimidating is important in this game! We look forward to seeing you again!

Really a nice experience. Very playable and fair, with challenges along the way. Requires shot-making skills, but can score well if you're not a big hitter. Greens were pretty slick, but rolled true. Northern Michigan feel and beautiful views. A little slow, but played on a busy Sunday morning. One of those courses you almost have to play again as you will most definitely score better the second time, and will get to enjoy the course again.

Response from on 06/13/2017:
Thank you for the 5 star review! Playing a second time will surely give you a better chance to score. Familiarity with the course could mean a few more pars!

Beautiful views, difficult greens

Devil's Ridge has a very northern Michigan feel to it with hilly terrain and some beautiful views. Tee boxes could use a little work, as they tend to be kind of sloped and uneven. Greens were in great shape and were quite fast the day we played. Tricky to read as well. The starter and ranger were very friendly. The golf was challenging, but we had an enjoyable day on the course.

Response from on 06/13/2017:
We enjoyed reading your review! Hilly terrain and beautiful views are definitely a part of any day at Devil's Ridge. Most of all, we're happy to hear about good greens conditions and friendly customer service. Thank you for golfing with us!
Response from on 06/11/2017:
We appreciate your time to leave a 5 star review and recommend the course. Thank you for golfing with us!

Fun course

Fun challenging course. It was a warm day so lots of golfers, got backed up some. Our golf cart broke down on hole 5 and when a new one was brought out they had said it was the 4th breakdown that day!

Response from on 06/11/2017:
A fun and challenging day of golf is what we like to hear at Devil's Ridge! We're happy to hear our staff worked quickly to get a new cart out to you on 5. Thank you for golfing with us!
Response from on 06/11/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to provide a 4 star review and recommend the course! We look forward to your next round with us at Devil's Ridge.
Response from on 06/06/2017:
Hi u763899403, Thank you for the 5 star review! We look forward to your next round with us.
Response from on 06/06/2017:
Hi blevin18 , We really appreciate your 5 star review and look forward to your next round with us. See you soon!

friendly staff

Great shape, greens were fast but not too tough for average to above average golfers, pace of play was a little slower but overall was a great course and experience.

Response from on 06/01/2017:
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your round and our conditions despite a bit of slow play. Please come and see us again soon!

A day at Devils Ridge

Although the course was a little damp from a string of rainy days, everyone in our group of 12 thoroughly enjoyed our round at Devils Ridge. It is very scenic, very very hilly and very challenging. The price the Monday that we played was fabulous. Nice clubhouse and friendly staff and I would recommend a visit to anyone.

Response from on 06/22/2017:
We're happy to hear your outing of 12 enjoyed a day of golf with us! Our staff appreciate the great comments on the clubhouse and customer service. See you soon!

Very Pleased

This is a great track. The course is very well maintained and such a friendly staff. We tee'd off 10 mins past our time and the guy let the two with us hit an extra breakfast ball. The course has a great layout, but not overly challenging.

Response from on 06/11/2017:
We enjoyed reading your 5 star review! Our staff works hard to maintain the course and provide excellent customer service. Always nice to have a breakfast ball or two on the first tee!

Allways a good time

Once again we had a good time at a good, challenging course. I have made a point of playing here 44-5 times a year since it opened

Response from on 06/06/2017:
Hi u000001672715, Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We always love to hear from returning golfers who enjoy playing with us regularly. Looking forward to your next round with us! Our staff will continue to provide a fun and challenging round.

Devils Ridge

Great Course good condition all round, greens were fast and challenging. Played from the black tees which makes some drives long but this is part of the challenge.

Response from on 06/06/2017:
Hi markwebb, It's always fun to challenge your game, especially moving back to the black tees. We're happy to hear you played with good course conditions and fast greens. Thank you for golfing with us!

Slow Back

Wish Staff would monitor slow groups and recommend Move Forward Policy. Threesome in front of me was playing Black Tee Box and could not hit the ball 150. Erratic shots lead to a ball search on every hole for this group. Never offered to let me play through. Had it not been for that it could have been a great day instead of good.
For those that read this review, please move forward if you are not very good. You will enjoy the game more and so will the rest of us.

Response from on 06/06/2017:
Hi golfcolo, Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! Our staff works hard to accommodate everyone on the course and monitor pace of play as closely as possible. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the course and look forward to your next visit so we can make this experience even better. See you soon!

Great course at a great value

Purchased a hot deal for the course for $18. When we arrived their was only 2 single players in front of us, resulting in a fast round. Course was in good condition. Weather was the only downside. Cloudy and windy

Response from on 05/04/2017:
Hi jafitz1029, Thank you for the 4 star review and recommendation! It sounds like you found a great value and had a fun day of golf, even though the weather was cloudy and windy. We look forward to seeing you in the summer for a sunny day!

Tricky course

Be prepared to be tested. There are a few holes that are very difficult due to blind landing areas, so if it's your first time playing , be patient. Course is always in good shape. Greens were smooth for April golf. I just wish someone was at the way half way house to get food since you don't swing back around to the clubhouse until hole 14 I believe.

Response from on 05/03/2017:
Hi Aaron9026899, Great advice for any new golfer at the course! Patience is key with this game, but it's why we love it! Course is definitely in great shape, especially so early in the season. See you soon!

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900