Year Built 1998

Snacks

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Timber Trace Review -Ryan Kracht

Beautiful course! I love the layout of the course. Beautifully designed holes as well as a nice pace of play. Didn’t catch the name, but the GM inside of the clubhouse was very friendly and seemed like a well put together man. I’m excited for the next time I get to get out and play this course again. And not only is the course beautiful, but the driving range is excellent as well! Can’t wait to get back out at Timber Trace Golf Club!

Timber trace

Course layout is fantastic, very playable for the average golfer but also challenging. The greens were running around a 10.5. Newer carts, and a good grill for food at the turn. Can’t ask for much more

Do not want your money

Course was in the worst shape I have ever seen. Dried up greens, fairways and tee blocks. Thought I was playing on a dried up field.The most deplorable conditions for a $50 round. Wouldn't pay $10 to play this course and would highly recommend avoiding at all cost.

Gone badly downhill

We used to play this course a lot because it was in great shape and fun with reasonable prices. Today we played and payed 55.00,was not a 25.00 course,fairways were burned,greens were like cement,the 10th tee you could not put a tee in the ground it was so hard,waste of time and money unless you like hitting off dirt,told the counterperson about it and he said"just pretend you are playing in Scotland",never again,no wonder it was almost empty!

Golf Course Bad Shape! Don't Play There, Not Worth The Money!

DON'T GOLF THERE! The course is in terrible shape! Most of the fairways are burned out! We paid $52.00 to golf at less than farm quality course! And the man behind the counter was a smart aleck! When we complained about the condition of the course, at the turn, he said "Pretend you're playing in Scotland "! No apology for the condition of the course and it cost $10.00 more than the last time I played here! I won't recommend this course or be back again! At a minimum, they should have given us a discount or a coupon for 50% off the next time we played there, that would have been good business. They could have even offered a free hot dog and pop for our troubles, but no. They didn't mention the condition of the course when we called or even have a sign up in the clubhouse to apologize about it when we got there! They told us the pumps for the sprinkler system failed and that is why the course is in bad condition. I sell pumps for a living and know if you really want to find a pump, there is always someone that will have one that works. As burned out as this course was, it has been a while since they last watered, so they haven't been looking too hard for replacement pumps! I guess they're like the Lions, why spend the money when the people will still come out!

COURSE IN BAD SHAPE DON'T PLAY THERE! NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

What happened?!

I’ve play over 100 rounds at this course. The past 2 years the price has gone up and quality of this course has gone drastically down hill. Tee boxes were half dead, fairways were half dead and had weeds, the rough hadn’t been cut in over a week, they re did some bunkers and it went horibly wrong, the greens were in very very bad shape. I love this course and it’s design but until this is fixed I will not return. Fall rates after 4pm and still paid 40$. Very sad.

smooth but slow greens

Nice layout. Greens could use some speeding up. Pin placements were not the best. If i was a scratch golfer they would have been fine.

Timber Trace fall golf

Went out on a late fall day. Course in very good shape. One person in the club house. He was very friendly. The temperature was 40-50 degrees while we played. The course is somewhat rolling. Some holes are mostly flat while others will give you side-down-up lies for your approach shots to the green. Holes 10 and 18 have the most elevation change. Greens are a fair challenge. Good sand in the traps.

Still a gem

Played this course since it opened. Never tire of it. Variety and challenging but not ridiculous.

Highly recommended

Great day of golf...beautiful day!
Timber Trace Golf Course - Pinckney, Michigan
Beautiful golf course and supremely scenic views like none other that I have seen...
I'm looking forward to playing here again!

Great track!

You won't be disappointed... I've enjoyed every round played at Timber Trace!

Excellent course for the money. Great fairway conditions with beautifully managed woods arounds the course.

Not so good

Course condition is substandard, hole design is adequate, course layout is awful.

Response from on 08/16/2017:
Hello John, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Timber Trace Golf Club, in the Detroit area. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the course layout. Though, it looks like you had a smooth round and you had a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for playing with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Highly recommend!!

This is a beautiful course and the staff are the friendliest group. They are happy to take care of your needs.

Timber Course conditions

The fairways and tee boxes were in terrible shape. They have also let all areas in and around the bunkers go, tons of rocks in bunkers and surrounded by tall weeds.
I would not recommend this course for the price they are charging. $50 on weekend
Greens were ok but rest of the course was less than average condition

Response from on 08/02/2017:
Hi Andy, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Timber Trace Golf Club. We appreciate the 3 star rating and all of your feedback. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the pace of play, staff, and layout. We hope you'll give us the chance to earn your business again soon, as we continue to improve.
Pinckney, Michigan