Year Built 1923
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Wilfrid Reid (1923) William Connellan (1923)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Commented On 08/27/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Don’t waste your time

It had been a few since since I played here so I figured I would give it a shot considering the price at the time. To kick things off they had zero range balls so of course there would be no warmup. The fairways were hard as a rock and in very bad shape. You couldn’t tell the difference from the rough and fairways in a lot of places. That’s assuming that you didn’t hit it into one of the giant patches of dirt and mud that littered almost every fairway. The greens were decent. Pitch marks all over them but of course that responsibility also lies on the player. Somewhat challenging track if you play from the tips. A double dog leg 660 yard Par 5 and a couple of Par 3s north of 200 yards. Overall I would not recommend this course unless management or ownership really gets it together and cleans it up.

Commented On 08/14/2019

Hello, u748888935. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fun Course

Challenging course to play. Of course it has "The Monster" hole #13. Always a challenge.

Commented On 08/14/2019

Road construction and closures made getting to the course entrance problematic.

Commented On 08/08/2019

Hello, u000001038112. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Brae Burn Golf Club!

Hidden Gem

I thought I’d give the course a try. I wasn’t disappointed challenging layout, but not difficult. A great golfing bargain. BTW stay below the hole.

Commented On 08/12/2019

Horrible

Course was horrible, over priced, and we were pushed to play fast because of an outing that teed off an hour after us . Over grown rough, doesn’t even look like they make an attempt to keep the course in shape .

Nice Course

Nice course with friendly staff. Due to a lot of rain, some areas of the course were very wet. Average course difficulty. Pace of play was good (4 hour round - twosome)

Commented On 07/17/2019

Brae Burn

Very nice experience overall. Nice variety of terrain and elevations. Fairways are in terrific shape.
The course was cart path only when I played, due to rain... which also slowed the greens down... but that is uncontrollable.
Nice experience at a very fair price! I will definitely play there again.

Commented On 06/28/2019

Hilchalmers. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club.

Sloppy

If it has rained in the past few days, Stay away! It’s like playing on a swamp

Commented On 06/26/2019

Hello, RyanEmery18. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club.

Commented On 06/18/2019

Hello, u515580910. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Tough course at a good price

Brae Burn is a nice little hidden gem in Plymouth. The course isn't particularly long or difficult (aside from the Monster Par 5), but there are lots of challenging greens that keep you on your toes—lots of tiers, slopes and false fronts that keep you from getting too comfortable out there no matter how good you're hitting your tee shots/irons.

Commented On 06/14/2019

brae burn, plymouth, michigan

good course, just avoid playing it during the week when the leagues are playing. My partner and I abandoned playing the full 18 on the 10th. Too slow.

Commented On 06/05/2019

Hiu000003190077. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club.

People were very helpful and friendly. Course was challenging. Unfortunately due to a very heavy overnight rain the course was very wet. That being said we still enjoyed the round.

Commented On 05/21/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Issa no from me dog

If you are in search of a pleasant golf experience on a nice golf course, do NOT come here. I’ve only been to probably 20 golf courses in my life, but this was by far the worst one I’ve ever been to. The only thing good about this course I could say is that the greens aren’t too slow and they are in decent condition. The fairways are like hitting out of light rough in most spots, and the grass in the rough isn’t grown very well. The course layout is terrible, especially the 666 yard par 5, the hole is a dog leg left off the tee and then a dog leg right into the green. If you do not play your second far enough left, you will be blocked out. Like I said before, very poor course design. I would almost have to have someone pay ME to play here. I am the type of person who can never get enough golf and will play as much as possible. At this course, I left after 9 holes because of how terrible the experience was. DO NOT come here if you want to golf in a nice environment. Definitely not up to par with my standards.

Commented On 05/10/2019

Hi tbart7. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club.

Greens Concerns

Overall the course was in good condition for this time of the year. The only issue we had has a group were the greens and some of pin placements, due to the steepness of the greens and the wind conditions, there were many times we were unable to keep the balls close to the hole on any down hill put. the entire foursome had too many 3 putts, which inflated our scores and slowed down the pace of play.

Commented On 04/30/2019

Hiamasopust. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club.

Commented On 04/24/2019

Commented On 09/09/2019

Hello, madmike101. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Brae Burn Golf Club!

Sub-par golfer

Course is nice a few difficult holes. Plays rather short. Greens have a lot of activity on them

Commented On 08/19/2019

Hello, u5903642. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented On 08/12/2019

Hello, u307022016. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020