Dunmaglas Golf Club

Year Built 1991

Great Day

We had never played Dunmaglas. My husband and I got a good deal and thought why not. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful course. We enjoyed it very much. The staff couldn't have been nicer. We will certainly go back again

Outstanding Track

The course layout and and scenic views are outstanding. Challenging but fair; not necessarily long but shotmaking is required. Greens are fantastic but a little slow. Don't expect the off-course amenities that you might find at a $55-75 course (pro shop, dining, gps on carts, etc.) but you'll get a great golf course and fantastic customer service. Enjoyed so much the first day that went back again the next day.

Beauty and challenge!@

The course is one of the most challenging yet beautiful courses in the country! Expect to lose a ball or so! A hidden gem.

This course is on a big hill.

Lots of downhill, sidehill and uphill holes. Very scenic. Played weekday afternoon, no one else on course. Greens were in good shape, but kind of slow.

Untapped Potential

I’ve played this course several times and honestly believe It has the potential to be one of the best in the state.... BUT...

It’s simply not maintained nor respected the way a beautiful golf course should be. As such, I would agree with previous reviews: this should be a mid-priced ($50-$60) round of golf.

Staff: Fantastic! Very friendly & knowledgeable

Pro-Shop: Pretty run down with very little selection to choose from.

Carts: Really old. Would have thought these things were “put out to pasture.” No USB. No club cleaner on the side. No sand to repair fairway divots.

Maintenance: Poor. As mentioned above, the lack of fairway repair tools (sand, etc) means it’s more difficult for the golfer to maintain the course. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seems as if their groundskeeper does too much of this work either.

Raw Course: Terrain, views, challenge, etc.... UNBELIEVABLE!

Bottom Line: A true golf lover with a lot of $ needs to buy this course and bring it up to speed.

Just OK, no food amenities to speak of

Arrived at the course hoping to get a sandwich or something to take out for my round. Nothing available except a few snacks, beer and soft drinks.

Course was OK, pace of play was good after our twosome was able to go past a slow foursome that let us play through.

I feel there are better options at the price in the area, with better amenities and friendlier staff.

Great layout good conditions but overpriced on golfnow

It’s a good value at $60. Not a $100 course in current conditions and amenities.

Nice Conditioned Course

Very challenging course. Course was in great condition. My wife and I enjoyed our ⛳️ Day

I would like to follow up with my last review “Beautiful Place” ........
Again, It is nice ,but IT IS NOT A $100 Course .(worn down golf carts with no GPS) I wanted to reiterate the past reviews....
It’s a $40-$50 golf course. I spoke with the young gentleman that is running the course and we had a conversation
About the subject. He thought it should be a $75-$100 golf course and I said $40-$50 .....
We respected each other’s opinion and he said he was going to contact GOLFNOW and change the Hotdeal prices .
I’m disappointed now cause every time I look at the Hotdeals in that area it’s $80-$90 for a Hotdeal at that course.

Featured
Michigan Advisor

PLAY THIS COURSE!!!

6th or so time on the course and I’ve always left pleased. For the price it is definitely one of the best, if not the best, courses you can play in Michigan. Tucked away in Charlevoix with a modest clubhouse, you wouldn’t expect much, but starting from the first tee you’re treated with breath taking views, undulating terrain and a challenge regardless of which tee you choose.

I was happy to see the course was in very good shape considering Dunmaglas doesn’t advertise nearly as much as other northern Michigan courses.

You got a boys trip, book it here. They have some extraordinary accommodations in regard to lodging off the 18th green. Clubhouse may lack an extensive food selection, but they have pops and beer on the ready for you.

Canucks

Course was wet from recent rain so no roll. Raised greens made it tough. Should be played from tees to suit your handicap - gold for 18 handicap, Would have helped to have a course map to guide shot placement. Spectacular views. Overall a great track and we'll be back.

Second time pkaying

Difficult and hilly layout, course gets minimal play from what I observed. Both days arrived late Saturday morning, 5 or so cars. As a fast twosome, we met noone.

Carts are older and paths are ruff, but the golf challenge is hard to beat.

Beautiful Place

Very nice place with spectacular views and the course was in great shape.
If your ever in the area .... I highly recommend this golf course.

Fun Course

I played for $50 through GolfNow. I don’t see this being a $100 course, but the layout of the course was fun and each hole provided its own challenge. Greens were in very good condition, tee boxes were good, overall course played very well. Only one par 3 on the front nine was a little disappointing. Staff was very friendly and helpful, I wished there was more of a sit down and eating area for people to relax and watch a game after in the club house. Range balls were beat up and old, but not the end of the world. I really enjoyed the course and the old Scottish feel to it, I would definitely play here again or recommend it.

Not worth the 100$

Interesting course. Rustic and natural. These kinds of courses have a place in my heart, however, the 99$ greens fee was WAY too much for this course. Shaggy tee boxes, fairways, aprons and greens. Course is not maintained as well as the Boyne mountain courses or other 100$ courses in the area.

I arrived to the course at 7:00 on a Saturday morning and the clubhouse was locked and not open. I did not have a tee time, because the tee sheet was wide open all morning. Had to wait around until 7:45 for the pro shop staff member to finish cutting greens

The layout was pretty fantastic minus a couple really quirky par 3s. May have been pin position/tee combo (played the tips).

Save your money and play the other fantastic courses in the area. I think this course is worth about 40-50$, and no more.

Worth the Golf Now Coupon

The course had a challenging layout, but very enjoyable! I will come back to play this course. I would recommend this course.

Great layout course has seen better times

What a great mountain course layout. The staff very friendly and helpful. Course appears to have seen better times with weed control, mowing but was also told they were unable to get on the course due to rain, so maybe better condition when I play it again.

Great course. Lkng straight hitters delight

Golfed at the discount rate and Definitely got my moneys worth. Some bare spots on one green. Otherwise really fun course.

East Jordan, Michigan