Heather Hills Golf Club

Heather Hills Golf Club
Scorecard for Heather Hills
Blue M: 70.9/124 439 144 361 398 402 487 144 358 451 3184 494 161 333 189 369 424 417 487 350 3224 6408
Middle M: 69.2/118 W: 72.0/120 424 112 349 386 394 465 122 342 435 3029 476 145 321 174 359 391 398 476 339 3079 6108
Forward M: 69.3/118 W: 68.0/113 369 80 300 309 319 407 96 285 352 2517 417 132 254 135 304 387 338 402 291 2660 5177

Year Built 1980
Fairways Blue
Greens Bent

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Visa, Discover

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 10/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

HEATHER HILLS

After over 20++++++ years ...as AWESOME as ever.......GREAT MEMORIES coming back....living in Tn. noe......

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Hello bobhero123450, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent experience. Thank you for visiting Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Like the course, but pace of play was BAD

This is a very picturesque course with some interesting holes, but it was a miserable day because of pace of play issues. Front nine was not an issue: played in 2 hours 10 minutes - great! Made the turn and there were 2 groups stacked up on the 10th tee in front of us. How does this happen? It was this way on every single hole on the back. The group in front of us quit after the 11th hole. Also, there was an outing, and I think every foursome was LOUDLY playing nasty music. Could hear everything from 2 holes away. It will be a very long time before we play this course again, at least on a weekend.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Hello plundberg, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a sub par experience and we appreciate your feedback on the pace of play and the loud music. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

Good country course

It is nice to play a country course that is hilly and not just a repurposed corn field. The land around there is very nice. The fairways are tight and the greens on the smaller side. The course was in good shape. Is well maintained.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello irishbadger, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and the conditions of our greens. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello fatmathman, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent experience at Heather Hills Golf Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Love this course!

It’s in great shape...Wish it were closer to me....it’s challenging especially #16/17

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/27/2018:
Hello Dgooze, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/26/2018:
Hello rcmarik1, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

great course

Just as the locals say, this is a hidden jem, hidden is the key word, almost like being on safari just getting to the course but well worth the trip. Course is fun, not too long, with many challenges along the way but still forgiving....A joy to play

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/19/2018:
Hello ffireman, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Beautiful but not easy

First timers and had no idea what to expect. Well taken care of fairways and greens. An average golfer will find this a little bit longer than your normal public course but the scenery makes up for the extra length. Nice clubhouse and the staff was very helpful and friendly. 5.5 hours is a little slower than we prefer but it was Sunday over a holiday weekend

Will DEFINITELY RETURN

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience. We also appreciate your feedback on our pace of play. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Bathroom Emergency

Went out last Saturday on a beautiful Saturday last week and the front nine was such a good pace (and I played well).....THEN.....a twosome decided to pass us on 9 so I thought nothing of it until they carried on in front of us on the turn and 10th tee. Being the social butterfly I am, I asked if they were just starting out because there would be no reason that they would be in front of us at this point. Guy says, “she had an emergency and needed the restroom. Ok....then he asks the ranger, “did I do something wrong?” Ranger says, “usually when you leave the course you go back to your spot in line.” Ranger then says its ok, you play fast (although he had no proof of that). These two love birds decided to take about 8-9 strokes each on 10, but the Ranger said 10 backs up all the time. No big deal....apparently. This totally ruined the back nine for me and our great pace turned into a sluggish pace.

As a Ranger, course management is reallly the number one priority. This ranger decided that these two people were more important than the 175 people on the tee sheet behind them.

In summary, don’t be fooled by the tremendous pace you may see on the front nine because ultimately, the pace will slow and there is nothing you can do about it.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hello Daniel6544554, thank you for the four-star review. We are sorry for the poor pace of play and we appreciate your feedback on our ranger. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at Heather Hills Golf Club. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon!

Hidden gem

Heather Hills is quite the hidden gem. Course was in great shape, greens run true and were very receptive lots of undulation, and no two holes were alike. My only beef was the ranger asked my foursome to speed up play and keep up with a threesome in front of us cause there was a back up behind us, when the group behind us never once waited on a shot because of us. My foursome played 18 in just over 4 hours, which is a perfect pace. Other than that, I highly recommend checking this place out. Great course for the money.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello blassen, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello topfuelteach, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at Heather Hills Golf Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Well Kept

This course is kept in great condition. The layout is challenging yet rewarding. I would recommend playing here and can not wait to get back! This course is a hidden gem of sorts-

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 06/20/2018:
Hello jordanward93, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Slow

First nine good pace of play..2nd nine WAY TO SLOW ..I think stopping at turn and eating backed up play...2 foursomes and a couple waiting on tee to hit not good

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 06/14/2018:
Hello rafting15, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry for the slow play and we appreciate your feedback on golfers stopping for lunch at the turn. Thank you for visiting Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

Inconsiderate, rude. An Overpacked value

I showed up with my daughters who love to golf with Dad. As I approached the clubhouse a guy standing there asked me there age I said 7-8 he said sorry but they are not allowed to golf, I have never encountered this before they have been to ay least 10 courses with me and everywhere they encourage them playing. Let me be clear I understand golf and play a lot I know pace of play isssues, my children only put and chip, I drove an hour, no consideration, didn’t offer me anything for my trouble,when I told them I paid $10 already to golf now they said call them. I been here before, I won’t be back. They said reason was they were to packed and they might get hit by a ball, I didn’t know golf balls discriminate and only hit children. If it’s to packed maybe you should consider 10 min tee times as you just admitted gross negligence by admitting there is a hazard of to many people on such a small course. FYI we ended up at copper hills and played in under 4:15 and caught both groups in front of us on each 9. My children said copper hills is the coolest golf course they ever been to and will probably never forget Sunday. I’m sure they will remember this place to but for the wrong reasons.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 06/14/2018:
Hello Christopher. At Heather Hills, we have always encouraged families to play with us and grow the game with junior golf. As we explained, safety is our number one concern when children are involved. To prevent any danger or potential for harm, we cannot allow more than two passengers to ride on a cart. Pace of play was not a concern, and as an active sponsor of Youth on Course, we find that most junior golfers have no problem maintaining pace and can even make some of our regular golfers look slow. We take family and safety very seriously and although your recent experience with us was not ideal, we do encourage you to come back. We respect your opinion and appreciate your feedback.
christopherguy
Commented On 06/15/2018

You keep changing your reason for not allowing me and my children to golf there, just because you respond doesn’t make your management better, your employee told me it was because of age, whoever was inside said they might get hit with a club or ball, and now it’s because we had three in the cart? Why would that matter? Like I said we won’t be back, your course is definitely not worth the ride there are about 7 nicer courses between my house and there, we came for the value and hills, no value in not playing. Thanks for letting me know your course is dangerous.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Hello James8672626, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Nice setting and fun to play

Have played here hundreds of times in past 25 years . The course was in the best condition I have ever seen and it is beautiful location

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 07/02/2018:
Hello DennisH, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for your continued business and we hope to see you again at Heather Hills Golf Club!

Favorite

One of my favorite courses in the MDR, hilly, challenging enough. Not for the beginner for sure. Staff is friendly and they have a nice $5 lunch special at turn. A couple of the green have a ton of slope have really think about your putts dependily where pin is.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Hello John4973274, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, our affordable rates and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Great Course for Men

Noticed that the women get no distance break from Senior Men. Also noticed there were no women playing golf there other than my wife. Expect they would get more play if they gave the women a little more or a break then they do Senior Men.

Just a suggestion to increase play of women golfers.

Response from Heather Hills Golf Club on 06/06/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on the ladies tee. Thank you for playing Heather Hills Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Oxford, Michigan