Clearbrook Golf Club

Year Built 1935
Architect Charles Scott (1966)

Pull-carts No

very rolley nice greens tuff

tuff greens nice great shape a lot of different holes

Depends what time you play

Very nice staff............the pace of play however was horrendous...we quit at the turn or we would have been there all afternoon to finish the back nine. I would play it again but will be very careful next time at what time we play. Nice setting.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Short but tricky.

A short course with a lot of fairway hazards that make you lay up. The course was in great condition.

Clearbrook Creek comes into play on 8 holes

An old course with very receptive greens. Some holes require you to lay up to locations that then require a very long shot to the green. A good variety in length of holes and between flat and hilly layouts. A fun tract to play once you know when and where you need to lay up. Great value for the price of a round.

Course repair

There seems too be quite a bit of course repair, going on otherwise nice course played it before. Usually clean, mowed, and well watered. One of my pet peives.

Awful experience - I recommend golfers stay away.

Course - design is cramped and conditions a mixed bag. The greens are well-designed and properly maintained. They appropriately hold but still roll smooth and true. The fairways look like an under-construction mess. Some areas are professional grade, other areas belong on 9-hole rock pile cow pasture. You need to exercise extreme caution driving the rough - some areas drain so badly your cart could sink in what looks like grass. Expect plugs in both the fairway and rough. Bunkers are shallow and are well kept. The tees are a mixed bag - some well kept some half grass half dirt. The course grounds have some nice landscaping in places and reasonable signage.

Management Professionalism - totally incompetent. The course was mildly busy. On the front nine my wife and I played wait free in about 1 hour 30 minutes. When we drove up to make the turn the Pro Shop attendant had decided to send a 6-some off 10 and there was a foursome waiting on 10 tee. Number one had a 4-some in the fairway and a foursome on the tee. During the wait I asked the Pro Shop attendant why a 6-some was sent off the back. He told me "number one was getting pretty backed up so he shifted some to the back". Anyone who knows anything about golf doesn't allow 6-somes at all and definitely wouldn't send them off the back interrupting 18 hole rounds. It took us 35 minutes before we started 10 and another hour before we finished number 12. We had to quit as 30 minutes a hole is wildly unpleasant.

There are good alternatives in the area: Diamond Springs (Hamilton), Ravines Golf Club (Saugatuck).

Commented on 08/13/2013

As G.M. of Clearbrook, I'd like to apologize to this golfer and his wife for our error in scheduling. In our effort to accommodate their round between a large outing shotgun and our 5:00 leagues, we failed to connect the dots to make the turn. Our mistake, and we'd like to offer a refund or replay IF this golfer would contact me (I tried to put my contact info in this message, but Golf Now prohibits it. You'll have to look it up instead).

As for our course conditions, my guess is this player would have rated our course more like other reviewers on Golf Now had our error not occurred. We think our website accurately and honestly describes the flood devastation we've endured these past five years, the progress made to date, the steps taken, and those to come. We're generally VERY pleased with the progress, but it will take some time to fully implement. Were out to prove that a well-maintained classic lay-out like ours can still be competitive in this modern-course era. Thanks.

Nice course, recommend you use www.golfnow.com to save some $, as we played for 18 holes for $22...good deal for this course!

great challenging course

Very good course with a great layout, Greens are true and fast

Fun course

Course was in really nice shape...better than I remember.

Good deal for the hot deals

Good value and nice course. They continue to make improvements to the course especially in regards to water management. For the hot deal this course is a steal. My foursome played for $17.50 a man with the fees. Definitely worth that. I would pay max $30. Watch out for the 11 and 12 greens as those were just redone in the last few years and are lightning quick compared to the others.

Great greens

Lots of trouble in normal landing spots that you can't hit out of.
Greens were very good and fun to putt on.

enjoyed playing, look forward to returning.

In spite of the construction work that is going on, I very much enjoyed playing this course. Short Distances between holes makes this a walkable course if desired. Distances noted on the scorecard to obstacles were helpful.

I love that they are continuing to improve the course.

The course has been under contruction and the improvements are great. Keep up the great work!

Nice course with issues

What to say about Clearbrook? I've played this course many times and it is a very nice course. It is currently under going major much needed renovations. When completed, the upgrades will make this a great course rather that a good course. I played in a league here years ago and found the restaurant staff to be extremely rude towards the golfers. Needless to say I no longer go into the restaurant. The golf staff is fantastic. One major tip: BRING BUG SPRAY!!! You'll be fine until you finish 11. After leaving the green apply bug spray liberally. If you don't bring spray, be prepared for a miserable time.

Great value for the priced paid.

Green is kind of slow. Overall, course is in much better condition than last year considering all the rains had in the area.

Couse has enough challenging holes

Course was in Autumn mode, was in good shape, inspite of a lot annual maintenance going on. My group still enjoyed our Round

Course was in great fall shape.

Course was in great shape for how dry and windy it has been. Pace of play was good and it was not super busy. Course was moderately difficult made a little more difficult by windy conditions. All in all a good day on a very good course.

Great Price for a Great Course!

This course is a Great value for the money. The course was in great condition.

Still getting better

I have played this course many of times still love it.

Saugatuck, Michigan
Holland, Michigan
South Haven, Michigan
4.5208333333
Hamilton, Michigan
West Olive, Michigan

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.