Crown Golf Course

Middle 72 6141 yards 69.6 125
Other 72 5479 yards 65.9 115
Forward 72 5007 yards 68.9 118
Scorecard for The Crown Golf Club
Black M: 73.1/123 518 387 154 533 406 412 344 379 178 3311 371 445 172 416 539 302 177 543 385 3350 6661
Blue M: 70.7/121 495 379 128 485 370 404 336 349 165 3111 363 380 145 373 526 278 141 506 357 3069 6180
White M: 69.2/117 W: 67.1/113 407 331 117 473 328 373 325 311 138 2803 320 298 133 303 403 245 103 496 291 2592 5395
Red W: 66.9/109 401 323 101 429 322 260 250 306 131 2523 307 288 108 296 393 127 95 417 283 2314 4837

Year Built 1998
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Ron Green

Practice Hole No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Crown Golf Club

Beautiful course in Northern Michigan, with rolling hills and elevated t boxes. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Our lunch after our round was delicious. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking for great golfing experience and all around fun day.

Great scenery

Great course in a beautiful setting! Challenging terrain makes for an interesting round for all levels. The staff was very helpful and a sunny day made it all the better!

Michigan Advisor

Great course near town

The Crown offers a wide variety of holes and some fantastic elevation changes. The greens are a pleasure to putt on and the course offers a good amount of challenge for experienced players. The back 9 is a lot of fun (it brings you to the top of some hills and has a lot of up and down). The views are spectacular as well. Add this track to your next Traverse City golf trip- it's a gem that sometimes gets overlooked!

Worthwhile corse

The greens and fairways are very nice, the rough needs to to fertilized and watered as it was brown and hard. Most of the holes the fairways are wide and leave you in great shape for the next shot. Plenty of chalange even for the big bombers, I'll be back.

The course is in great shape...greens were superb...fairways also really good...layout of the course is very nice also.

Very friendly staff made the round really great!

Thanks!

Good value and great burgers

The course was much nicer than we expected based on the price. The fairways were in good condition. They had 150 stakes and other yardage markers which were helpful. We were playing from the whites and reds and could have used some help finding them sometimes.

We ate at the restaurant after we played and the burgers were awesome.

Back nine is tough!

What a pleasant surprise! This is a great place to play golf. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The course was really nice, with the back being decidedly tougher than the front. I've already recommended it to my friends.

Memorial day round

Took my Dad out for a round on Memorial day. The course was in great shape. The weather was perfect. And pace of play was good. Grabbed a bite to eat at the turn. Everything was awesome.

Perfect course for my wife and I.

We like to play a scramble when we play because my wife really likes to only play nine holes and I always want to play eighteen but if we scramble she will play eighteen. Very nice and well maintained course. We played from the white and red tee boxes. The front nine is a little easier than the back nine. Also, the greens on the back nine are much more difficult with lots of undulations, slope, etc. We three putted three of the back nine holes after getting on the green in regulation. Oh well, that's golf. The staff are very accommodating and wanting to make sure you have a good experience. Will play this course again the next time we are in the area.

Amazing course

You will not find a better golf course for your money! Fairways and greens are always cut perfect. You will enjoy the fast greens! Playing at The Crown is always a blast!

Great Value

The course was in excellent shape. The fairways were supper nice. Greens were true and challenging!!

great course

course is impeccable, fairways smooth, greens are aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! could not figure them out whatsoever. I guess you have to play it more than once a year to do that. would highly recommend. Staff wonderful, very accommodating.

Really? No drinking water on the course?

The day was perfect, the reviews had been quite positive, the ranger who accompanied us to the driving range led us to belief we were in for a wonderful afternoon. As it turned out the day was underwhelming. First, the course is beautiful (it is Traverse City after all). Great views, groomed fairways, fast greens...what else could you ask for? Well, a ranger who actually showed up on the course would have been nice. Water on the course on a hot day would have been nice. That's right...a hot day...zero water to drink. When we asked at the turn whether we had missed the coolers the response was essentially...no water...deal with it. Pace of play was 4 hours, 35 minutes. Not terrible, except it broke down as 2/55 on the front, 1/40 on the back. Surprise!! There was an "outing" in front of us on the front. And, there was no ranger to calm the 2-3 foursomes that were waiting on every tee for the first 9 holes. For my wife and I, celebrating her birthday, for us, this course is a one and done.

Hidden gem in TC area

If you're looking to get in a great round in the TC area and not pay the resort prices but get a VERY similar on course experience, I'd play here. Not much for the club house but the course conditions and layout is fun, fair but tough in spots. Slower greens than some of the resorts so keep that in mind when putting...
Definitely coming back to play next time I'm in the TC area.

A Crowning Achievement

I played golf at the Crown Golf Club. The last time I played there was in the late 1970s when the course was a 9 hole course and only had their tees and greens irrigated. They have 18 holes now. The back nine has an up north feel with mature trees and rolling hills white elevation changes. They have four sets of tees making the course playable for newer and experienced golfers. The staff I encountered were friendly and seemed like my experience at their club was important to them. I will play again.

beautiful view

course well maintained with lots of elevation changes

The Crown

I enjoyed playing this course. The course was interesting and challenging with lots of changes in elevation. There was an abundance of bunkers both in the fairway and around the greens. The holes for the most part were straight forward so you knew how each could be played. Only hole 14 required a forward view to determine where to hit your tee shot. Overall I felt the the Crown was a great value for the price.

Traverse City, Michigan
Traverse City, Michigan
Interlochen, Michigan
Kingsley, Michigan

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!