Located in Ypsilanti just off I-94 between Detroit Metro Airport and Ann Arbor is Eagle Crest Golf Club, operated by Eastern Michigan University and home to the college golf teams. Eagle Crest opened in 1987 and is a daily-fee course with a Marriott hotel located onsite. The elevated driving range and practice area overlooks Ford Lake and the course layout features several holes that play along its shores. The highlight is the signature par-5 16th hole that features a shallow, peninsula green on the lake. In 2012, EMU embarked on a 20-year master plan to the golf course that will elevate the stature of the course among NCAA host courses. Enhancements include tree management and more views of the lake, rebuilt greens and rerouted cart paths.

Eagle Crest Resort Golf Course

Year Built 1987
Architect Karl Litten

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 College Courses in the U.S. (2019 #25)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2016 #25) (2015 #22)

Eagle Crest Golf

This course gets allot of play, but never stops me from coming back. Challenging and well care for, it's up there with the best.

Beautiful November day

First time playing this course. Views were awesome. Course was in really good condition for so late in the year. For being so crowded the staff was doing a great job. A 78 degree in November is a certainly rare. Everyone and their brother and sister was out playing. There is a variety of holes with different styles. It was a great course and can’t wait to play again since now know layout. Carts were great and gps units were great. Especially since I was playing for first time. Will also look into taking advantage of discounts for alumni at EMU.

A area gem.

This is a great course. Pace of play was fantastic. Golf Carts can be a pain. I look forward to returning when I find specials.

Great All Around Course

Even in November the course is in nice condition.

Nice to get out before the snow becomes us.

Eagle Crest

Played a 3pm Tee time. Pace of play was absolutely ridiculous. Did not tee off until 3:25. They had Eastern Michigan Baseball play a scramble, and it put everyone behind. Our pace of play was over 40 min behind schedule at one point. There was no official trying to get people to play faster. We were not able to finish the course. Barely made it to the 13th hole before the sun went down (7:10 pm). Disappointed with Eagle Crest not planning for this back up to occur. I will definitely golf here again, but I’m frustrated with today’s outcome.

The best golf court in metro Detroit

Really enjoy playing there. Will come back again and again. Awesome court.

Beautiful Course with Challenging Layout

I've heard so many good things about this course that I had to see it for myself and I was not disappointed. The weather was perfect and the views were serene. The golf shop staff was super friendly to us and helped with any and all questions that we had. We also had dinner at the restaurant and the food was superb. I can't wait to come back next year once 16 is back to a par 5.

Great course; however pace of play was slow today. 16 hole was unplayable. They should send me another free round

Course under repair

No. 16 is set up now as a Par 3, rather than a Par 5, because of repairs and reseeding underway. I wish we had been told that prior to playing. the signs aren't clear about there not being a proper tee box. They just tell you to go to the fairway. Anyway, it seems like there are some major repairs, so I probably won't be back until the spring when it is hopefully completed.

Had a great time for golfing all 18 on my birthday this year. I will definitely be back again next season. The only bad/ sad thing was hole 16 was being seeded and thats one of my favorite holes. All and all though thanks for the great round of golf.

Excellent variety

Great layout with unique variety of holes. Unfortunatley, they were very busy and so pace was slow. And renovations turned a par 5 into a par 3. nevertheless, a really enjoyable challenge with difficult green complexes

Beautiful Layout

Played this course in mid September, the course was in good shape except for their signature hole 16 which was being rebuilt. Other than that it was a great experience and good value. The greens are rock hard and rolled very fast.

Course Ranger Badly Needed

My youngest son who attends U of M found this course as a Saturday alternative since our club was not available. We got a 3:50 tee time and suspected it may be close to finish as the sun sets around 7:50 this time of year. We arrived at the course and were pleasantly surprised by the very scenic range high up on the hill overlooking Ford Lake. We felt we may have found a hidden gem. We headed to the first tee. The group in front of us appeared to be a foursome ... however, it became apparent that it was 2 twosomes who were put together. But they elected to split and play separate so in effect a 10 minute tee time delay. And the second twosome basically just drove into the first one which was a bit disturbing. The course was in nice shape but throughout the front nine we waited to tee off on every hole. We held out hope that perhaps some groups wouldn’t make the turn ... but little did we know that the chaos was just getting started! We began the back nine and it was even slower. We approached the 13th green and my youngest son noted a random twosome drive up to the 14th tee - he insisted they were cutting in front of us. I said no one does that. Just then they proceeded to drive their cart on to the tee box and circle twice. My older son said, “I think that man is going to take a dump”. We all took a double take ... he was wrong. It was a woman wearing a hat backwards but ... indeed she dropped her drawers and peed right on the tee. Not exactly sure why that was discreet but if you are going to cut in front of another group then why not do it “in style”. #peeonthetee. She finished and sure enough they teed off. We yelled at them to get off the hole ... they hit another shot then departed. We reached #14 green, looked to the left and now a random single had driven up to the par 3 #15 tee and he decided to play that hole in front of us (mind you we are literally waiting on every hole!). I yelled at this idiot as well ... he was shamed enough to hit his ball and leave it there. We mercifully got through 16 holes before giving up in the dark. But not before running into the pee woman ... although this time she actually used a bathroom by the 15th green thank goodness. Having 10 beers is likely not a great idea. Just sayin...

The conclusion ... I believe this course has twilight golf rates at 4:00 and these losers after us realized they had no hope of ever finishing ... so that entitled them to just cut in front of everyone else. I’ve played golf along time and can only recall one other time seeing someone do that. We had two people do it in 2 holes ... let alone a woman peeing on a tee box. But as classless as these losers are, it’s on the golf course as a Marriott resort to invest in a ranger to prevent that nonsense. It’s what a true resort course would do. Definitely memorable ... just not in a good way.

Belleville, Michigan