Eagle Crest Resort Golf Course
Scorecard for Eagle Crest
Green M: 73.0/142 450 440 335 208 555 165 360 330 536 3379 540 403 456 420 210 408 525 205 365 3532 6911
Blue M: 71.2/140 430 410 320 200 525 145 346 316 510 3202 505 370 440 395 200 380 490 190 340 3310 6512
White M: 69.4/131 W: 76.2/147 365 395 310 190 505 125 335 305 495 3025 485 350 425 385 175 350 475 175 325 3145 6170
Gold M: 63.4/108 W: 69.0/126 340 335 240 150 395 115 255 240 420 2490 425 315 338 305 130 320 400 140 255 2628 5118

Year Built 1987
Architect Karl Litten

My biggest disappointment was, we were told a price for our round of $40.00. We drove 45 minutes to the course and upon our arrival were notified that there were no notes of this deal and therefore the price would not be honored. There was no attempt by the course to work anything out as the person from the course that made the arrangement was not available. We reluctantly paid the rack rate of the day and attempted to reach the person who made the original arrangement. After the round we spoke with the General Manager of the course and he told us that the person who made the original price commitment was not in a position to make it. We told the General Manager that if that was the case we should have been notified and we would not have driven to Eagle Crest, we would have played elsewhere. Again our complaint was an unwillingness of the course to work with us after driving the 45 minutes to play. In hindsight we should have just left the course after our original price was not met. We will never play Eagle Crest again and share our displeasure with everyone we know.

Nice Track but you need to know some details

Course is in great condition and it provides a scenic enjoyable layout. Holes 10-12 are quite distinct and it is important to know the details of where to aim both direction and distance

Go get Sparty

If you enjoy playing golf this is a must play. Very challenging golf course with blind hazards and elavation changes. Oh not to mention the lightning fast,true rolling greens. Gps screens now in carts makes for a great round of golf at Michigan States home golf course. I bleed maze and blue through and through.

fun pretty course stupid greens

Really enjoyed our round on sunday morning, cold and wet for four holes but then perfect. Course was in very good shape, really a beautiful layout over later, a little pricey at 65, but cheaper during the week. People were not unfriendly but were not friendly either, pro shop and starters were very business like. Not a huge issue, but we all noticed it.

One thing, the greens are a lot of the course's defense. Huge mounds, slopes, many in positions placed on these slopes, and on a sunday that has to slow play. we had puts, taps, that rolled twenty or more feet past the hole, two two high handicappers had a huge issue, it was a joke to see balls roll that far past the hole on a five or ten foot putt.

save for that, really a nice place scenery alone worth the time.

great course

This is an underrated course in metro Detroit. Great layout, lots of water, stunning views, challenging greens, always in great shape. One thing I often overlook is the staff. Course workers, rangers, the pro shop and bar staff, everybody is really friendly and keeps things moving along. A particular nod to Mike, who is often the starter there. He's friendly, he keeps people moving, he's accommodating and he's enthusiastic about us enjoying the round. If you've not been to Eagle Crest, you should try it out.

Nice day on Eagle Crest

Nice outing with my golf buddy. We got stuck behind a slower playing foursome that didn’t offer for us to play through, which was annoying. But otherwise it was a great day. Overcast and in the 60s, a perfect day for golf. Love the views over Ford Lake. It’s a nice track for a public course.

Great golf

I play here all the time, staff takes great care of you, greens are always fast even in the most wet conditions, one of the best course in southeast Michigan!

changes

I usually play here a couple of times a year and this is the first time this year. A lot of changes to the course. Two of the toughest holes (2 and 11) have had trees removed that took a lot of the teeth out of those holes. Several other holes have had trees or greenery removed that have opened up the course quite a bit. Still a very tough course and one of the best in metro Detroit.

Nice fairways (when I hit them), fast, true greens .

Awesome

This is a beautiful golf course. Blue tees play about 6500yards. Green tees play about 6900yards

Solid layout, hilly terrain

This course is situated on a very interesting piece of land. It is essentially on the side of a hill, running down into Ford Lake. It is the home course for the Eastern Michigan University golf team.

Overall, very fun and challenging layout. If you're walking, be prepared for some rigorous terrain. You'll have several hills to climb, and some decent space between green and tee. The greens are in particularly excellent shape. As I understand it, they are rolled regularly, and the result is some of the truest greens I've played in recent memory. There is also a fantastic driving range, practice putting greens, and practice chipping areas. I spent a good amount of time chipping/putting around after my round because the facility was just outstanding.

Definitely recommend checking this track out. For $25 at 3:40 PM on a weekday, you can't beat the price for a course of this condition. Will return if I'm in the area again.

Played here a few times. In great condition, pace of play was decent.

Fun and Challenging Back 9

Played the back 9 after work the other day around 4:30pm. 10 and 11 I wish I could have done over as they are tricky driving holes so could have saved some strokes likely if they came later in the round or now that I've played them once I know how better to attack them. 10 it's OK to hit driver cause it opens up and 11 you need to hit at least 220 to get around the corner.
Cart Path Only stinks at any course and it was pretty wet after the rain they had but greens were in good shape. Layout has a fair amount of water on the last 3 to 5 holes on the back. Distance is needed, some really picturesque holes w/ Ford Lake in the background. Got windy down there too. I'd go back, food was excellent on the patio as well.

3.9220705882