Style Traditional

Previously known as Washtenaw Country Club.

Scorecard for Washtenaw
Blue M: 72.3/137 W: 79.3/147 349 425 511 172 411 580 348 322 192 3310 540 361 150 542 195 373 330 395 368 3254 6564
White M: 70.7/134 W: 76.8/143 319 405 483 148 399 562 338 286 174 3114 501 358 135 503 170 368 308 386 362 3091 6205
Gold M: 68.4/124 W: 73.4/133 314 388 469 137 387 478 276 265 144 2858 457 327 124 456 162 276 294 355 352 2803 5661
Red M: 67.1/120 W: 72.5/130 304 350 456 122 350 478 274 219 129 2682 457 311 124 451 154 270 274 344 348 2733 5415

Year Built 1899
Greens Blue Grass

Clubs No

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2016 #16)

Nice old Classic BUT.............................

We played on a Friday noonish, we were harassed by an old curmudgeon member from the 1st tee until an eventual altercation on the 14th green. We were surrounded by 2 groups of former members (I assume) who are now seasonal members as the course IS open to the public. We are 4 single digit handicap players. The groups in front and back regularly did not finish holes or putt out on greens. The group behind us had 3 carts for 4 players. We played the front nine in 1:50 having never seen the course before (tricky greens and VERY tight off of the tee along with thick heavy rough). On th 14th hole the old timer hit into us just missing one of our group. The altercation started when he drove up to the green shouting wheres my F/"_*6 ball! Which we had taken and thrown into a hazard. It was obvious members of his group were familiar with his behavior and allowed it although he wasnt very well supported. The altercation was loud and aggressive. On the next hole the Dir. of Golf came out to stalk us on the 15th green, it was clear he too new the trouble maker. We then gave him our opinion of the group behind us behavior. Needless to say our back 9 was ruined. I went to proshop to ask for B9 raincheck Dir of Golf had left for day. We hit our 1st shot at 12:14 and were done with two lengthy stoppages due to confrontation at 4:10. Players like that man are VERY bad for business. I am a member at another club and would never behave like that toward guests. In addition the one member of our group was lucky to not be seriously injured when the horrible old timer hit a long shot over a hill missing him by inches. Loved the track waiting for our rainchecks, one seasonal membership is not worth having a jackwagon like that on your course.

Good layout. Rough shape

Have played here a lot. It has changed ownership a few times. It’s a classic old layout and when in good shape it’s a fun course with some good holes. But it was in rough shape. The tees were beat up. Greens were ok. Fairways were shaggy. No dirt on the carts. Just needs work and it can be good again but it needs work

Commented On 05/23/2019

We appreciate your continued loyalty to the course and hope to see you out here again soon!

Commented On 04/30/2019

Hello, u460248318. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

A Gem from a Bygone Era

If you love playing courses from the golden era of golf course architecture, Washtenaw Golf Club is for you! Beautifully lush, rolling fairways. Exceptionally groomed and sculpted greens all complemented by a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. It is a tight course that rewards good ball striking and positioning, but a fair test of golf by most measures. The course has great bones and was in excellent shape when I played it, save for the sandtraps, which have been an issue all season. They need to be better maintained and adequately filled with sand that is consistent from one trap to the next. Also, the trap rakes feel like Fisher Price tools you give to a young child, they are so ridiculously light. They should have wider, weighted heads with longer handles to allow guests to do a more effective job of raking after playing out of them. As stated here by many, the course is tight, but I'd argue it's too tight and can use some tree thinning. There are at least two part threes (holes 9 and 12) where tree limbs obstruct the line to the green and the same for overhanging limbs on fairways that penalize goods drives. Were management to address these two areas and make the course a fairer test of golf, I'd give it five stars in a heartbeat. That said, I'll be back many more times to play it in 2019.

Commented On 12/20/2018

Hi Mike, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We appreciate your feedback and would like to apologize for the sand traps. We will address your comments with our management team. In order to make improvements. We look forward to seeing you again in 2019!

Wonderful Old Course

This is a classic, with origins to 1899. A private club until the last couple of years, it still bears marks of exclusivity, even if the 10th hole snack shack has been dismantled. Narrow by today's standards. Lots of old trees. Hilly. Very unusual, obviously, for a public course. And an absolute crazy value with the Golf Now tee time.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 10/05/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Washtenaw Golf Club a 4-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations at the pace of play and value for the money. Book your next round with us soon.

Slow Saturday at Washtenaw

I’ve played this course many time (a private membership previously) and this is the slowest I’ve ever had. We gave up after 15 and headed to the 19th hole. Food there was exceptional bar food. Wait staff were super friendly. We found out that we were following an outing (on Saturday!). Well at least we beat them to the bar!

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello, We would like to apologize for the pace of play. But we're glad to have met your expectations in staff friendliness and food. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

Great Experience

I was here for a work meeting and was able to get out and play 9 holes. Course was in fantastic shape, definitely in the top 5 for course conditions I have played all year. Great spot to have a meeting as well, we had a nice room overlooking the golf course. 19th hole has some fantastic lunch options to which was an added bonus. I got the chicken wrap one day and the quesadilla the second day and both were great. Will definitely be back even if it is just for lunch.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 09/07/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Washtenaw Golf Club a 5-star rating and raving review. We're glad to have met your overall expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Great conditions, tough greens and tight layout

Conditions were pristine and it was a great 9 hole test. I lost 3 balls due to some sprayed tee shots but it didn’t ruin the round and the layout has everything in front of you. Greens were very hilly and I can see a round blowing up with some bad pin positions. Not on our day, I think they were fair. Love to come back and play the back as I hear those are some fun holes. Not many picturesque holes that I’ll remember but a good test. Carts were newer and was something I remembered as well as the par 3 were longer tee shots.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 09/07/2018:
Hello, We're glad you loved our course conditions. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Really nice old course. Please keep it maintained as it is now!!

Could use a starter and a ranger or two and a beverage cart.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 09/07/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your expectations in the pace of play, staff friendliness, course conditions, and value for the money. Book your next tee time with us soon.

Great weather and excellent course conditions.
Enjoyable round

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 09/07/2018:
Hello, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course conditions. Thank you for your business and book your next tee time with us soon.

Great course!

This is a very nice course! Make sure you hit it straight, narrow fairways and small greens. Not a very long course, accuracy is a must! Excellent conditions, fun club house, with a pool table, and big screen tv to watch the players that really know what there doing! Lol. I always have fun here. I’ve played here twice, both rounds it was not very crowded! Excellent public course!

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 08/23/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Washtenaw Golf Club a 4-star rating. We're glad you had a great pace of place and enjoyed our course conditions. Book your next tee time with us soon.

ann arbor gem

course has gone from a private course to now being a public course and it is still in tip top shape! nice OLD course, over 100 years old!

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Washtenaw Golf Club with a 5-star rating. Yes, we are a public course now. Thank you for your business and book your next tee time with us soon.

Must be a hidden gem

Visiting from Tennessee and Loved playing here. Granted it was Monday but at 8:30 virtually had the course all to ourselves. A mature course that reminded me of an old private country club. Keep the ball in the fairway, the rough is a bit thick but fair. The greens are small, in great shape and not all dinged up like you might expect this late in the season. I'm a 12 HC and shot 80. The staff was very friendly and took good care of us. If you have time for the grill the mac & cheese is a good bet! Will definitely play again.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving an amazing 5-star rating. We are glad you loved our friendly staff and course layout. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

Course is in great shape!

I really enjoyed this course. It is now public! Course was in very nice shape. Lots of character to the course. You can tell it was a country club. Happy to play it!

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We are glad that you enjoyed our course layout. Remember to book your next round with us soon.

Great course and difficult test

Lots of fun. Course in great shape and a test of your skills

Great day

Fully recommend this course
Hidden gem that I had know idea about. Great find, we will be back.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us an awesome 5-star rating. Most people would consider us a hidden gem. We look forward to seeing you out on the golf course again.

Oldie But Goodie

It is easy to tell Washtenaw Golf Course is more than 100 years old. Short walks from greens to next tee, parallel fairways and trees that look to be hundreds of years old. This was my 1st time playing it but will not be my last. It is a course with character. Short, mid and long par 3s. Testing but fair par 5s and a variety of par 4s ranging from under 300 yards to over 400.. Greens were good. Very few ball marks. My only complaint would be this... There are 4 sets of tees. They measure 6500+ 6200 5660 and 5415. There is not enough difference between the 2 shorter tees and 5400 yards makes for a very long course for a lot of ladies including my wife. It would be great if Washtenaw found a way to put in a set of tees that measured around 5000 or 5100 yards. I think the ladies and perhaps some juniors would enjoy the course much more. That said, I think Washtenaw is an oldie hut goodie.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Hi Doug, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We consider ourselves a hidden gem. Thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you very soon on the golf course.
Highlands Reserve Golf Club
Commented On 07/10/2018

Hello, Thank you for leaving Washtenaw Golf Club a 5-star rating.

Fast greens

Other than fast challenging greens and narrow fairways it was easy. Lol tough course but nice. Only thing was no beverage cart and a lot of walkers. A little expensive. Not worth the price.

Response from Washtenaw Golf Club on 06/21/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We're sorry for falling short on the value for the money. GolfNow does offer hot deals! We applaud you for taking on a challenge. Please allow us to make it up to you in the near future.

Great old style course

Hidden gem. Course has a great layout. Tough greens running very well for April in Michigan. Always enjoy my rounds here. Staff is always courteous.

Valid dates: May 28, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
This package includes overnight accommodations and two rounds of golf.
Gull Lake View Golf Club & Resort Senior Packages