Black/Green 72 6531 yards 72.5 137
Red/White 72 5358 yards 72.2 125
Scorecard for Chaska Town
Black M: 73.4/141 415 451 287 144 351 187 521 403 561 3320 413 453 190 381 217 496 319 481 547 3497 6817
Black/Green M: 72.2/137 388 426 269 144 351 154 521 403 538 3194 394 443 190 358 166 496 319 450 521 3337 6531
Green M: 71.6/136 W: 78.1/135 388 426 269 124 331 154 500 383 538 3113 394 443 171 358 166 482 299 450 521 3284 6397
White M: 69.6/132 W: 75.7/130 374 408 254 100 304 146 495 364 511 2956 379 425 132 297 120 472 276 401 510 3012 5968
White/Gold M: 66.9/126 W: 72.3/124 374 330 254 100 304 146 424 295 461 2688 379 336 132 297 120 390 276 310 430 2670 5358
Gold M: 64.3/122 W: 69.5/118 301 330 204 78 253 117 424 295 461 2463 300 336 104 201 100 390 219 310 430 2390 4853

Year Built 1997
Architect Arthur Hills (1997)

Texas Advisor

Sneaky Good

This is not a course you'll find on GolfNow but it's definitely a gem. This course hosted the US Amateur about a decade ago and it didn't take long to realize why.

This course does a great job of blending a solid layout/routing with superb conditions. The mowing lines and general presentation from tee-to-green was top notch.

I played with some locals who said the greens were stimping an additional +2 in preparation for the club championship this weekend and the condition really brought the teeth out.

While the fairways aren't crazy wide there is a little width and with firmer greens there were flags that you had no chance at going after if you were coming in from the 3 inch rough or the wrong side of the fairway. If this course softens up I would be less interested but at this time of year in these conditions this course is a solid 5.

Superintendent: Keep the greens firm and you've got yourself a solid track on your hands. Especially considering this is a muni and very fairly priced. Let them soften up some and you remove the penalty for a drive in the rough.

Great Place to play in the Twin Cities

This course is always in good shape. Chaska is interstate golf at its finest. Fairways are wide and the course is right in front of you. There are very few blind shots if any. The worst hole on the course is the 18th which pinches you the closer you get to the green. People that work here are all have great personalities. The thing that I like best about this place is that you can just let loose with your driver here. Keep it in play and this place is very scoreable. Greens are all in good shape and plenty fast. Even though it close to 100 for a non-resident, it is still a good value.

Minnesota Advisor

A Minnesota rockstar

I have wanted to play CTC for quite a while now, I finally made me way out there this week and I am glad I did. CTC is such a fun course, and there are quirks that make it even better. My favorite part about this course is the fact that you have multiple options to play every hole, from 110% risk to completely defensive. The catch is, both will bite you if you miss. Staff is extremely nice, we felt very welcomed and the staff seemed glad that we came. We were cart path only, but that didn't bother us. Heavy rain the previous two days, so we expected it. Clubhouse was nice, pro shop was stocked with nice items, the logo ball is very nice compared to others, and they have an app you can download that is second to none. If you play here, you should download the app, we thought it was very helpful. The carts have a nice GPS system which is cool. Course is very fun and very well kept up. Zero complaints about the maintenance. My only complaint involves the driving range, the range itself is nice and has targets to aim at, but you have to pay for range balls. With the class this course is in and the courses it is comparable to, range balls come with your round. It is petty of me, but since I am reviewing I figured I would mention it. Obviously, that should not deter anyone from playing here. All in all, very pretty course that offers different options in terms of how to play it, risk vs. reward, etc. Plenty of tees to choose from, we played the tips and it gave us a good challenge. Bunkers were wet when we played so I can't judge them. Go there, play it for yourself, enjoy.

South Dakota Advisor

This course has some character

We played this course over the Ryder Cup weekend in MN. It was a great course that had a lot of challenges and creative shot options. The course ends on this great par 5 that you just have to get after.

Best public course in the Western suburbs, if not the twin cities

CTC is hard, gorgeous and a really fun place to play golf at. We played the combo tees, and as a group of young guys playing with sub 5 handicaps... we got annihilated until we started managing the course better and knowing that you can't go after every hole without a plan. Notable holes are 1, 2 and 9 on the front and most of the back 9! it's a course that you will want to play multiple times if the price isn't too hefty, which is sadly is for most of us.

The practice facility for someone like me who likes to warmup is one of the best at a public course that I've seen in MN. The short game chipping area and multitude of balls is something you'd only expect at a CC or resort.

If you're an errant shooter off the tee you're gonna have a bad time. if you can move to chaska or chanhassen, I believe locals pay 20! Might be worth relocating...

Great Minnesota Course.

We played Chaska Town Course over the Ryder Cup weekend in Minn. It was a busy day on the course but played 18 in just over 3.5 hours. This Course layout is great for all ability of golfer. We had a great time and really enjoy everyone. The 18th was our favorite hole. Amazing view with challenging golf shots.

You'll Want To Play It Again!

Played this course when I lived in Hopkins, MN 2013-2014 and even though plenty of closer good muni courses it enticed me to return there no matter how good or bad my previous round was! They layout, the conditions, the variety of holes, the friendly staff and nice clubhouse, just an overall golfing experience that is tough to beat. For local residents they've got an unbeatable season membership deal.

Chaska Review

This may be the best municipal course I have ever played. Mainly a links style course with a decent amount of undulation. The design offers a number of unique and challenging holes while being fair. The in cart GPS was a big help as a number of holes require layups. Due to that could have been a different experience walking. However, the course was in great shape and was a delight to play.

Minnesota Advisor

Muni Course, Country Club Feel

Chaska Town Course is a muni with a country club feel, and is probably the classiest municipal course in the Twin Cities. From the well stocked and well staffed pro shop, to the electric carts with onboard GPS, to the wide, undulating, well manicured fairways, to the fast, smooth and true greens, and finally to the 19th hole, the course is first class all the way. The course plays to 6,817 from the tips, but with six tees and tee combinations, the course is playable for a broad spectrum of golfers. Course ratings range from 73.4 to 69.5 and slope from 141 to 118, so you can pick your poison. As a senior golfer with a 15.8 GHIN, I played the white tees at 5,968 yards and a slope of 132. The course gave me all I could ask for. Proper placement of your tee shot (or your second shot on the par 5's) is imperative on most holes. As this was my first time playing this course, I often found myself out of position and paid the price. No worries- the course is a real value for the price, and I'll be back to play here again.

Town and Country

If you want to treat yourself to a tour quality course, this is it. Even though I suspect it gets a ton of play, the staff keeps it in great condition. Close to Hazeltine and you can see some similarities.

Best course in the Twin City area.

The course is similar to playing a private country club without a membership. From the moment you park your car, to the 19th hole at Charlie's Grill you fell your at a special place. The course conditions are the best I've ever played on, even better than Hazeltine National Golf Club.
The staff at Chaska Town course have top notch service, including John the manager. You must play here for a memorable experience.
Beverage cart came around 4 times during our round and they are super friendly.
This is always our first choice to play the course when we are looking for a place to play.

Chaska, Minnesota
Shakopee, Minnesota
Minnetonka Beach, Minnesota
Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package