Scorecard for Battlefield Golf Club
Blue M: 67.4/110 463 181 321 438 259 185 291 346 569 3053 290 512 345 375 450 182 510 164 432 3260 6313
White M: 64.2/104 446 157 294 417 229 159 270 324 504 2800 274 491 278 357 435 132 472 146 400 2985 5785
Gold M: 63.4/104 W: 68.4/111 402 127 279 328 213 140 268 318 457 2532 256 389 257 289 374 125 394 130 350 2564 5096
Red W: 67.6/109 397 119 272 323 209 140 266 307 450 2483 237 386 245 291 368 113 388 126 341 2495 4978

Year Built 1999
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting.

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa card(s) Welcomed

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Kentucky (2016 #10)

Junior Golfers 6

Course undergoing some layout changes

Overcharged me at the clubhouse for GolfNow reservation.
Alerted staff member who had no personality about mistake and he didn’t correct.
Awaiting for charge to post to my bank account so I can go back in to correct the overcharge.

Battle for the Hills

I really liked this course and would rate it exceptions except for the following:
A six some that slowed play for 4 holes until they let us play through.
No map of the course on the score card or hole markers. Made it difficult to know what you were hitting into.
No standard yard markers(200-150-100)
Had to rely on garmin gps (some sprinkler heads marked)
The staff we met were excellent and friendly.
The fairways, approaches and greens were wonderful.
I certainly would golf here again knowing what I learned the 1st time.

Great Conditions!

Greens were firm and fast. Conditions of the course were great. Staff was not the friendliest. Will Return!

Excellent value

Overall we had a enjoyable round. Course was in good condition, well mowed, well kept, clean, grass in good condition. Tee boxes could be improved, they were well worn. Course was crowded, several foursome ahead of us we had a short wait most holes. Several blind holes and shots would have been nice to have markers, directions, maps, local knowledge. Fairways and greens played well, stay out of the rough, thick course grass could be punitive. Not much in the way of refreshments

The Battlefield will be with your game.

The course is among the most affordable courses in the area. Located within a beautifully developed neighborhood. The staff is always accommodating and friendly. The clubhouse has snacks and cold drinks, but does not have a grill or restaurant. The course is very well maintained by the county parks and recreation services. The fairways are receptive; the greens manicured; and very little water comes into play. I have had some of my lower rounds on this course.

Bang 4 Buck

Affordable fees, open front 9 and challenging back 9. I play here regularly and always have great golf experience.

Bad lay out of course

Front nine was hilly. Would like to have seen stuuf from the battle. Back nine sucked nothing but houses everywhere very tight. Will not play again

Great Course Layout

Really enjoyed this course , we started very early and the course was already and manicured. Was thankful for the treatment received by staff all over the course will most definitely play again.

Nice course. Friendly staff.

Played here several times and will keep coming back. Would like to see a few more options on something to eat at turn.

Fun Course

The course is in so-so condition. It does have Bermuda fairways, but grass could or should be in better shape. Layout is fine and challenging. Front nine is open, back nine is more precise with houses lining fairways. Played from the whites and was challenged. For early March, the course is okay, but lack of abundant grass in fairways is somewhat challenging.
This was my second time playing this course. I will go back in late Spring or Summer to see if conditions have approved. Very good value for the money.

Nice for late season

Tee boxes and fairways are in good shape, greens have been abused (high school teams need to learn to fix ball marks). Excellent value in Golfnow, relatively short from white tees, flocks of geese are oblivious to golf balls, only walk away from carts.

Battlefield

Good course to play. Back 9 holes need to be straight off tee to avoid hitting houses. Shorter course for people who don't hit it long. Have 5 tee boxes to hit from. Sand traps on some holes and a lake on left side on 18th hole

Best bargain course in central Ky.

Tee to green course was in great shape. Bermuda fairways were fine. Greens rolled true and putted well. For $20, you won't find a better course to play.

Great round

We got there and got going right on time. We love the course especially for the price. We are always able to get out of there in 3 - 3 1/2 hours.

Great time

We were worried the day before. There had been very heavy rains Thursday and Friday and we had booked the 1st tee time on Saturday morning (for $21 on Golfnow) and the course looked amazing. There were 2 of us and we got out in 3 1/2 hours. Would have been closer to 3 had we not ran up on a scramble around hole13. If I had to find something to complain about the cart we had was kind of slow, but not bad enough to bother us or anything. We were greeted by the club pro and he talked to us several times before teeing off and he was very friendly. We will be playing at Battlefield much more often.

Nice off the beaten path course

We played early in the morning to beat the heat. It was a nice layout with a good mixture of holes that weren't too easy but not too hard at the same time. Greens and fairways were in great condition. Those golf carts they had were some of the fastest I've ever seen at a course.
The only problem I found was yardage markers. They need repainted on the cart paths and maybe install 150 sticks on the fairways. It was hard sometimes to judge how far out I was from the greens.

Comes up short

The course is very short but we knew that ahead of time. Most play straight out and are either driveable or close enough you end up playing them like par 3's waiting on the group in front of you to clear the green for fear of driving into them. Three or four holes have a blind tee shot that kept you going forward and then driving back to the tee waiting on the group in front. Everyone was apparently aware of this and were very patient and courteous without pushing or driving up in the tee box with you. Just a heads up: the 18th hole is inhabited by a flock of geese. The fairway and green is covered with goose droppings. We had to pick up on the green because there was no way to putt. The staff was nice and helpful and the equipment was in good shape. The greens were in decent shape but not very challenging. Ok for beginners and locals but I wouldn't go out of my way to play it again.

Hidden gem in Richmond, KY

I live in Lexington and have played a few courses there. Battlefield turned out to be better than most of the ones I have played in Lexington. It is very hilly throughout. The greens were very fast when we played, hazards hardly a factor. The front 9 is set up like a links course, the back 9 is through the neighborhood. It feels like 2 different courses. My biggest complaint is that there was no course layout anywhere and because it is so hilly with some hard doglegs, you can't always see the green from the tee box. Multiple times I had to drive my cart halfway down the fairway to see where I was hitting. 2 of us played the whole course in 3.5 hrs. I will definitely be back.

Hidden Gem

The fact that it has a driving range was a bonus. the layout was nice and the greens were in good shape considering the lack of rain and scorching temps.
We finished in less than four hours which is unusual anymore with people taking too long.
Now that we have played it once we will return to challenge some of the Par 4 holes that can be played differently with some course experience.
Nice course for sure.