1.9

Year Built 1965
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Hubert Morris

Michigan Advisor

There are much better courses nearby

From the very first tee, my experience here was negative. A threesome of elderly gentlemen cut in front of us and teed off. After over ten minutes of waiting, the gentleman in the pro shop came out to the tee box and told me in an angry tone that I needed to tee off because there were people waiting behind us. The threesome in front of us was still in my landing zone at this point. I was on edge the first few holes because that indignation seemingly came out of nowhere. The threesome (finally) let us play through after 7 of the slowest holes of my life, just for us to catch up to another extremely slow group. The pace of play was absolutely abysmal.

The course was in good shape in some spots and very poor shape other places. The greens had scuff marks from spikes about half the time. The layout was a little odd to me; some overlapping tee boxes were confusing.

This whole ordeal across the board makes this one of the worst golf experiences I've had. There are much better courses nearby. I'd suggest taking your money there instead of risking a bad golf experience here.

Course for Locals

Had 8 am tee time for 2-some. Arrived early and started 7:45. Put us off #10. Said they were working on the front. No problem. However, 6 of the 9 holes on the back had sprinklers on and had to hit balls in and out of the sprinklers. Made the turn to #1 and they had just put a couple of 4-somes out on the front. Our round came to a screeching halt. We were told to just go around them to the next hole. We decided between the sprinklers and the interrupted round, we had enough. They only offered to give us a rain check for 9 holes. Said no thanks as we wouldn't drive the 20 miles again to come back for 9 holes. This course is obviously a local course and caters to the local community. That's ok...but they could have been a bit more forthcoming with info about standing tee times when you are booking a tee time.

It may not be the toughest course or the longest; but the atmosphere and the vibes of the course are outstanding. Any skill level golfer can enjoy this course. My two kids love playing this course. It is truly a family atmosphere. It was nice to be out on Memorial Day and seeing golfers of every age and gender playing and having fun.

great walking course

Older and mature course. Tight fairways are offset by shorter yardage. Many risk/reward holes. Bunkers are getting some TLC, fairways are suspect. Greens are mostly crowned and were in great shape considering most area courses suffered winter-kill. Nice clubhouse with good food (n/a on weekends?)

Kingsley, Michigan
Beulah, Michigan
Beulah, Michigan
Empire, Michigan

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.