Stillwater Oaks Golf Course

Stillwater Oaks Golf Course
Blue (W) 70 5791 yards 74.4 137
Scorecard for Stillwater Oaks Golf Course
Blue M: 70.7/129 478 310 176 393 202 405 562 175 410 3111 401 441 300 185 366 372 134 536 416 3151 6262
White M: 67.2/125 469 292 155 382 164 371 548 156 325 2862 384 425 288 159 361 327 120 492 359 2915 5777
Red M: 65.1/116 W: 64.9/115 426 288 145 346 107 292 412 116 278 2410 368 394 249 127 301 249 110 435 293 2526 4936

Year Built 1984

Waste of money

Showed up to the course was informed front 9 was unplayable for the day, staff gave me grief for wanting me call GolfNow to receive a refund. You pay for 18 with a cart I expect to play 18 holes, not 9 repeats. So I decided to play anyways. Took me not 3 times to find a golf car to run, 1st one died on me in middle of parking area. Course was not well maintained. Divots throughout fairways had no been filled in. Greens had massive divot, seems no one feels the need to fix their ballmarks. I quit and left after 9 holes disgusted I wasted money and time on this course!!!!

Response from Stillwater Oaks Golf Course on 09/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stillwater Oaks Golf Course, in the Washington County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

First off the tee

Arrived early to a empty course. The power was out the night before and they had some problems with the credit card machine. Without hesitation he gave me a key to the cart and asked if I wanted to go early just stop in after the round to play. Very friendly staff and fun yet challenging course.

Horrible course conditions

The fairways were brown everywhere, tee boxes were longer than the fairways and no level spots, greens were pavement. Not enjoyable course

Response from Stillwater Oaks Golf Course on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Stillwater Oaks and for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the condition of the course. Our staff will keep working hard to have the course in shape for the summer, and we hope you will be able to see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Great course layout

The course has a wonderful layout and is really beautiful, the only thing I would recommend is that they get better greens keeping, and fix the fairways. There are a lot of debits that aren’t repaired on the fairways and on the greens! Maybe they should put sand on the cart for people

Helpful staff

The booking on line did not work for us but the course staff accommodated us anyway. We had a great day!

Great Bang for the Buck!

Had a great time...3 hours and 15 minutes is great pace of play!

Course review

Course in a little rough shape. Green's very slow.

Response from Stillwater Oaks Golf Course on 05/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

We enjoy golfing at Stillwater Oaks. The course is in good condition. It has challenging holes but not too difficult. The fairway and greens were in good condition. There was no beverage cart on the course - it may have been because it was later on a Sunday.

Nice course in Stillwater. Some very narrow holes but overall good track.

For the value will be playing again soon.

Course improving but still needs work

Overall this first time time for a year that I played course. It has changed management since previous round. Some definite improvements have been achieved but still needs to focus on some important details. What few sand bunkers remain were just a poorly kept as previously. Golf carts had limited maintenance. Greens minimally maintained. A friend told me greens were fast and smooth. Wasn't the case when I played.
Hopefully next year will have steady improvements like this year. The course has great potential as layout is scenic and challenging but course still needs to work on maintenance.
Will play there next year if word of mouth continues to be positive.

Response from Stillwater Oaks Golf Course on 10/25/2017:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course and for the 3-stars. We apologize for the greens not being up to their normal standard that day, however we are very excited to hear that you have noticed our improvements. We appreciate your feedback so that we may keep building and upgrading key areas. Thank you for recommending our course in the Stillwater, MN area and we hope to see you again soon!

Very nice course

Really a great course, I would go back and play again. Unfortunately got paired with some very slow/angry golfers who made my round fairly unpleasant.

The lay of the course was not good

The fairways always layed at a angle so it was hard to keep the ball on the fairways

Response from Stillwater Oaks Golf Course on 08/02/2017:
Hi Steven, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stillwater Oaks Golf Course. We appreciate the 3 star review and feedback. Your thoughts will be used to make improvements as necessary. We hope to earn your business again soon in the Stillwater area.

Hidden Gem

I booked this round as a single, the front nine played in 1.5 hrs and the course was in exceptional conditions compared to others played this year. Fairways and greens receptive yet somewhat quick. Paired up with a couple on back nine that are new to area so enjoyed the conversation with them. After about 5 holes weather storm moved in and horn blew ending the round. This course was an exceptional value and will definitely play again later in year so I hope they can keep the course conditions until then.

Worth playing here 2-3X per Summer

Although Stillwater Oaks runs parallel to Loggers Trail at a few points it is a completely different course. Whereas Loggers is generally open, Stillwater Oaks utilizes more of the old growth trees. Course was in pretty decent condition, but seems to hold onto more standing water after a rain than many other local courses. I would say the layout is fairly easy to moderate, but a few holes can be challenging. A few doglegs are particularly interesting because of trees that block access to the green unless your approach shot is well placed. Greens and fairways were in good shape.

Response from Stillwater Oaks Golf Course on 06/12/2017:
Hi Robert, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rating our course. We regret to hear that your experience with us was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We strive to provide quality golf to our community and treat every golfer with the utmost respect. We will look to ensure our staff friendliness is revisited and that we are treating our golfers the way we aim to in order to enhance the golf experience. We hope to have you back again soon here at Stillwater Oaks Golf Course to exceed expectations!

Good option and value

Nice staff and a nice option to play. Course condition was only fair when I played it, but to be fair, it was the first day after about a week of rain, so crews did not have a chance to mow or do maintenance. In my opinion course is a little narrow on many holes. I would leave the Pro V's at home. You will likely lose a few balls. Most greens were in pretty good shape. Played this as a "Hot Deal" so actually the value was very good considering the price I paid.

Response from Stillwater Oaks Golf Course on 05/24/2017:
Hi Franklin, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rate our course! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the staff friendliness and value of your round. We regret to hear the course conditions were not as enjoyable as they should have been and will look to make improvements if possible for future golfers. We thank you for your support and hope to see you back again soon here at Stillwater Oaks Golf Course. Have a great day!

Quality affordable course with some challenges

We just played nine while passing through on vacation but really enjoyed the course. It is not long but fairly hilly, at least compared to courses in Illinois. Accuracy from the tee is more important that length.
Holes were challenging and required planning rather than power. Pace of play was excellent and the course was in good shape. As good as your going to find in this price range - highly recommended.

Dellwood, Minnesota
Dellwood, Minnesota
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
Somerset, Wisconsin

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!