View of the par-3 8th hole at Crescent Farms Golf Course

Formerly known as the Players Club at St. Louis, Crescent Farms Golf Club has undergone more than just a name change with a major course renovation that included lengthening the fairways and reconstructing the bentgrass greens. The course has a parkland layout with mature trees lining the fairways and plenty of water coming into play throughout. There are also numerous strategically placed bunkers that appear along the greensides. Golfers will come across several risk-reward opportunities where good course management and accuracy are the key. One of Crescent Farms Golf Clubs toughest holes comes halfway through the golf course. The par-4 ninth hole begins with an intimidating tee shot protected by two fairway bunkers, a hazard to the left, and tall native grasses to the right. The challenges don't end there either, golfers are then faced with a second shot to a heavily bunkered, sloping double-tiered green.

Crescent Farms Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Gary Kern

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Missouri (2016 #15)

Poor Customer Service. No refund despite flooding.

I will never book through GolfNow or golf at this course again. I had a tee time for 10:54am (threesome) on 05/17/20. It rained all day the previous day and was flooding on the morning of 05/17/20. I called the pro shop in the morning to confirm my cancellation/refund due to the torrential weather but Scott from their Pro Shop said he was unable to cancel my reservation and referred me to GolfNow customer service. I am extremely disappointed to be taken advantage of during these difficult times and now I am out $160. Very sad. This used to be a place with great customer service. It's sad how things have changed.

Great tough course

Course is in great shape and very tough. The course is tight and not forgiving for errant drives. I am not a great golfer so lost a few balls, but I enjoyed playing the course. Will definitely be going back.

Crescent Farms 9/9/2919

Course was in excellent shape. Fairways were like carpet. Greens were in great shape and rolled true. I haven’t played this course in 2 years and I was amazed at how awesome the conditions were. I would recommend this course.

Commented on 09/11/2019

Hi Rick, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to hear that you found Crescent Farms Golf Club in excellent shape and that you had a great experience overall. We'll see you again soon!

Busy day

First time out at crescent farms. Had a good time. I came to play by myself, I’m in my mid 20’s and I was paired with 3 guys that went to high school together whom were all in their early 60’s. We had a good time and all meshed well. The sad thing was, that none of us were the greatest golfers, yet still kept catching up with the group (sometimes 2 groups) ahead of us. We didn’t see the Marshall one time that day. Course was in great shape and looked amazing though.

Great greens, fairways and tee boxes

Awesome course. Great shape. Will be playing again. Only bad thing is the sand traps. Could not find one good one.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, dkwhiteside! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Plays Once a year
Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi Spiceman199. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Crescent Farms Golf Course.

Very nice course

The course was in good shape and it was fun to play. My friend and I enjoyed our round very much. I would play this Course again.

Commented on 09/04/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Crescent Farms Golf Course!

Commented on 08/28/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Crescent Farms Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Human Rain Delays

Unless your name is Bryson DeChambeau, this is not the course for you. Nice layout with tight fairways, thick rough, and smaller greens. You’d think this causes the slow play but it isn’t. Go see it if you want... the staff is very nice and friendly... but the greens are in questionable shape and you need to set aside at least 5 hours for your round.

Commented on 08/28/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Crescent Farms Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Course at a Great Value

Got a great deal on a round there today. It was my buddy’s first time playing Crescent and the course didn’t disappoint. Some of the greens were bare at spots but that’s to be expected with the kind of heat we’ve had recently. Overall, course was in great shape and the staff is top-notch. Will definitely be back again soon!

Commented on 08/09/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gone Downhill

This had been one of my most commonly played courses the last 3 or 4 summers, until this year when the hiked the prices significantly. That being said me and my buddy got a hot deal for 21 today which I was very excited about. Unfortunately, the course conditions have gone downhill significantly. The tee boxes and fairways are still in good shape, but the greens are rough to say the least. Almost all the fringes are overtaken by crabgrass, which they are trying to kill but they look and play awful. Many of the greens have bare/dead patches.
Another thing, the grounds staff was pretty rude today, which was the first I’ve ever seen here in over 15 rounds played. I was hitting a few balls on the driving range, hitting a 3 wood, an older gentleman yells at me and very rudely tells me I better not be hitting balls over the net. The net is probably 250 yards, I’m not Dustin Johnson and I can read the sign. Later on a group of workers was talking near a green. I was trying to put but one of the workers was yelling at the top of his lungs to another worker while me and my buddy were trying to play. I get that there might be times you have to talk, but you should also know where you are working and keep it fairly quiet.
Hopefully this is a one time thing, I have always like the course and this is by far the worst conditions I’ve seen it in. Also, charging 35-40 on weekdays for this course, especially in this conditions seems a bit high.

Cart path only, but watering the fairways?

The course was in very nice shape. It was odd however that we’re playing path only, but they were watering fairways and greens all day. The traps were soaked and in some cases small ponds. But we had a lot of rain a couple days ago. Greens were very good. Tee boxes also good.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us Ed. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Crescent Farms Golf Club thanks you!

Really like the course. In great condition and with it being hot it was not crowded leaving it wide open which I love. One of my favorite courses.

Commented on 07/15/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Crescent Farms Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good day

Was very surprised what great shape the course was in after all the rain. I was expecting sitting water in low lying areas, but other than some damp spots it was in great shape.

Commented on 07/12/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Nice layout that will challenge all aspects of your game

Crescent Farms is a parkland style course about 30 minutes southwest of St. Louis. It is in an area that is rather hilly and picturesque, though the course itself does not have many major elevation changes. The course has a great mix of holes, with several forced carries over water and sand traps that only come into play with errant shots. Holes 7, 8, and 9 were my favorite. Hole 8 is probably one of the nicest par 3 holes in the St. Louis area, with a short tee shot over a serene lake that is framed by several large trees.

My only complaint would be that the conditions could be slightly better. The fairways were rather dry despite all the recent rain in the area and some of the tee boxes needed work. However, I would say that the price for my round was appropriate and the current conditions should not deter any golfers to this nice facility.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hi, thank you for the four-star review and the detailed feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed playing the layout and had an overall good time. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Awful slow

Took 2 hrs and 45 to play front. And 2 15 on back. Called to complain and they did not care. Three holes open in front of slow group in front of us. Staff does not care.thought 6 hours is normal

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hi Michael, we apologize for the slow pace of play. You played the day before the Blues Stanley Cup Parade which ended up bringing more people than normal to our course. We do care about your experience and are sorry about it. We usually only have Marshalls for the weekend rounds or special occasions. We hope that after considering all of this, you'll come back again soon.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020