Crescent Farms Golf Course
Formerly known as the Players Club at St. Louis, Crescent Farms Golf Club has undergone more than just a name change with a major course renovation that included lengthening the fairways and reconstructing the bentgrass greens. The course has a parkland layout with mature trees lining the fairways and plenty of water coming into play throughout. There are also numerous strategically placed bunkers that appear along the greensides. Golfers will come across several risk-reward opportunities where good course management and accuracy are the key. One of Crescent Farms Golf Clubs toughest holes comes halfway through the golf course. The par-4 ninth hole begins with an intimidating tee shot protected by two fairway bunkers, a hazard to the left, and tall native grasses to the right. The challenges don't end there either, golfers are then faced with a second shot to a heavily bunkered, sloping double-tiered green.
|Green (W)||72||6262 yards||75.8||131|
|Tan (W)||72||5790 yards||72.8||123|
|Black M: 74.1/132||385||515||180||450||395||550||416||160||439||3490||430||515||212||460||417||165||553||426||410||3588||7078|
|Gold M: 72.5/127||352||495||170||430||365||535||391||145||423||3306||405||498||194||440||400||155||538||388||389||3407||6713|
|Green M: 69.7/126 W: 75.8/131||325||475||155||400||350||516||352||130||379||3082||380||468||168||410||384||150||490||363||367||3180||6262|
|Tan M: 67.3/122 W: 72.8/123||300||452||145||381||330||485||332||115||350||2890||350||448||148||370||344||120||455||332||333||2900||5790|
|Blue W: 70.4/116||250||438||115||356||310||465||314||100||286||2634||320||433||132||355||329||95||438||322||292||2716||5350|
Food & BeverageSnacks
Available FacilitiesClubhouse, Banquet Facilities
Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Missouri
Great Round at Crescent Farms
This was my first round at Crescent Farms. The high ratings and a Hot Deal rate encouraged me to try it out. The course was fun and forgiving. The weather was perfect, and the course was in good shape, save for some stray ball marks on the greens. For the value, I don’t think you could get much better than Crescent Farms!
Pace of Play
Love the course, staff friendly. No marshal land we teed off at 8:47 and it took us 5 plus hours to finish.
On-line booking system
This is a copy of the e-mail I wrote to the owner. He promised ti look into my issue.
I am writing to inform you of a situation at Crescent Farm Golf Club which I believe you own.
I have played and enjoyed the golf course for many years.
The issue is your on-line reservation system does not work properly. It has not worked properly for over two (2) years. Specifically this is the issue:
* When booking on-line you are offered the option of either regular rate or senior (at a reduced cost) rate. Except the on-line system will not allow you to book the senior rate.
* When I choose the senior rate the system automatically charges me the higher regular rate.
* Simply put you cannot book a senior rate via the on-line system. You must call the golf shop to book the senior rate. At which time the golf staff has tried to charge me the higher "not on-line" rate. This prompts a "conversation" and inconveniences me and your golf shop staff.
* The on-line system also does not allow you to book a "Walking" vs. "Cart" rate. So again you must also discuss this with the golf shop staff.
* Net, when I book on-line I must then have a "conversation" with the golf shop staff re: the rate and walk or ride on my arrival at the course. Again this is counterproductive for all.
* I have had several conversations with your golf shop staff and have received comments such as "working on it," "yeah it's a problem," "can't fix it," to finally blank stares.
* No other public course I play, and I play most of them, has this problem. And it has been a problem for over two (2) years.
* I would suggest fixing the problem ASAP or get a new on-line system or re-educating the golf shop staff about the proper way to handle the issue as I have had staff give the lower rate and others who would not.
While I understand you may run your business any way you want I wanted to make sure you understand and are aware of the issue. It might be costing you money.
Great Golf as always
Crescent is probably my favorite golf course to play in the area. It is a very established, well maintained course. The staff is great and friendly. There are a few very tough holes on this course, but it's fun and playable.
Pretty good shape a few hole were cart path only Rough is thick hard to find your ball in wayward tee shots they could mow it it would still be penal without slowing play
Charged for cart
While all the golf courses are making two carts mandatory, they not only are not follow those standards, but also charged me to use my own cart. Course was in good shape, nice staff. Even the staff agreed that it was petty to charge while this is just a safety measure for your guest,