Deer Creek USA Golf and Event Center

Practice bunker: Yes

Walking allowed: No
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Location is worth the drive   Great for locals beginners wildlife/ scenic views

"Deer Creek for Veterans"

08Iron's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2017

Play there all the time... Its a challenge alright... Andrea the place looks great! Awesome job by your crew, best its looked in a while, and playing tough! I guess thats a good thing, had an awesome time, will recommend for sure... Keep up the great work, I know you work tirelessly, and it shows in the product, kudos! The work you do for Veterans is commendable!

"Nice Place"

SrDuffer's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were the best part of the course, in fabulous shape for this time of year. Several of the holes are confusing with direction to the green.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"nicae work"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2015

Good job. Great price, love the ho or theme. Will certainly okay again. Got this rounn<br/> d as a hot deal too.... :)

"great greens"

maryanddan's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2015

they are making great strides at deer creek.great greens,no unrepaired ball marks,great scenery and friendly staff made for a great outing

"PERFECT GREENS"

Mike8416222's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The Greens on the course were in better shape than many other , more expensive courses in the area. They were really really nice! The tee boxes and fairways need water badly, but on a limited budget, they put their money in the best place - the greens. Tee time was about 10:30 and pace of play was very good. We will play here more often now.

"You might like this..."

uQBDY6380QB's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2015

I last played the course last season and there have been steady improvements with course condition since that time. Most noticeably the greens are, for the most part, in very good shape. It is all a matter of opinion, but I find the course challenging and enjoyable to play.

"Lovely course in the woods"

Carlos3946746's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2015

I forgot just how nice and natural this course is....w Deer Creek running through it

The honor to the Armed Forces and vets was an additional bonus!!

"Play regularly there"

judijerry's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

My friend and I play there at least once a month. I have found that the greens have improved significantly since early spring. I also like the fact that I don't feel like I'm being pushed by golfers behind me. Last, the folks that run the course are very nice and easy to work with. Overall, I had a very good experience!

"COURSE STAFF"

GrandpaBill's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2015

THE WOMEN IN THE PRO SHOP WERE FRIENDLY, BUT AS WE APPROACHED THE 17TH HOLE THE SPRINKLERS WERE ON AROUND THE GREEN. WE ASKED THE GREENS KEEPER TO STOP THEM WHILE WE PLAYED THE HOLE AND HE REFUSED TO. WE ASKED HIM TO TURN OFF THE SPRINKLERS AND HE SAID HE COULD, BUT HE WOULD NOT UNTIL AFTER WE HIT. VERY RUDE. HE DID, HOWEVER, TURN THEM OFF WHEN WE APPROACHED THE GREEN.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Good deal for the money"

jackdillon5's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course is in good condition and has plenty of challenge for both beginners and experienced golfers.<br/> The pace of play is very good and the fairways and green are in nice condition for the middle of the summer. I will certainly play here again.

"Nice course"

rc10000's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2015

The course conditions have really improved. The greens haven't been in this good of shape for years. It's a large course and play moves at a good pace.

"Worth every penny."

buckeyeLou's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

We heard about this course's attitude concerning emergency responders, veterans, and law enforcement personnel and wished to support their efforts. While the course is not a favorite of mine, it is good enough and playing it helped me feel I was doing something good for others. Truly, a feel-good experience. Keep it going and good luck!

"Not a Memorable Course"

Godsword's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Some very challenging holes but the greens are tiny and mega slow. The opening hole is a joke. They are not maintaining the course. The bunkers have little sand and some have weeds growing in them. The back tee boxes are being abandoned. The original water hazards are gone, and the fairways are shaggy. In some spots the grass is so high the golf ball can be hard to find. They also bumped our fee when we got there saying Golf Now had underpriced the tee time. Scenic, but poorly maintained. There are better courses to play for the money.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"You need to manage your round but, the course is fair to the average golfer"

eddielee678's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2015

Overall an above average course with the friendliest staff of any course I have played

"Love the Support!"

shaggerty's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2015

Overall it was a good time at Deer Creek. It is Awesome the support the Management gives to the Veterans, Police, Firefighters & EMT's. I will play there again because of the Owner's commitment and her operations.

The course could use some care - i.e. sand traps restored, T receptacles at the t-Boxes. But this takes our support also!!! Support this owner who supports our veterans, whereas in turn we should support her monetarily. Why not us? Someone has the means to make this a destination.

"Slow Greens"

Godsword's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2015

Course is under new ownership. They are eliminating some of the black tees and the bunkers are not being maintained. I got this round at a bargain price from Golf Now, and based on that I could not expect much. However, this course has never had great greens, and they are tiny. Some holes are tough, some are easy. Not one of my favorites because of tiny, slow, bumpy greens.

"Good all around golf fun"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2015

The course is great for anyone who just wants to get out and play 18 holes on a beautiful day. Plenty of challenges but also just straight shots down the fairways. Book fast though because this course will fill up. Very enjoyable time and the staff is amazing. You will come back I promise you.

"Nope"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/08/2014
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

I got lost trying to find the place (lady at clubhouse wasn't really sure where I was and told me opposite directions than mapquest) once I arrived I was really confused where the first hole was, looked like it had not been taken care of or mowed in awhile maybe due to the weather turning a little cold. Greens had debris like sticks and holes all over the place. The place has potential to be nice but would need some work, only way I would play it again would be if it was 15 for 18 riding, otherwise I won't be back. I don't like giving bad reviews but I think it's warranted here.

"veterans"

pastorwells's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2014

Great place for first responders and veterans. I love what they are trying to do here.

"New Managment..."

neilthedeal's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2014

I have been to Deer Creek a handful of times now over the course of about 2.5 years. Yesterday was the last time I will ever be back. I know the course has been under new management for quite a while now but it doesn't seem like any improvements have been made( I did notice they have new signs on each hole!!! This would be the last thing I take care of. I would worry more about the actual condition of the course first!) The greens are burnt up, patchy and retardedly slow. The tee boxes are un-level, rocky/rooty and not manicured. The course is in all-a-round terrible condition, even down to the scorecard! Bunkers looked more like gravel instead of sand and fairways were super narrow due to overhanging trees. This seemed to be one of the nicer courses, in it's hay day, but as of now it is one of the worst courses I have ever been to. The course was difficult, not because of the layout but because of the condition that it was in. I WOULDN'T PLAY THIS COURSE FOR FREE!!