The Cove Course at The Lodge

Year Built 1973
Greens A1 & A4 Bent Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1973) Roger Rulewich (1973) CE Golf Design (2008)

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

The Cove is back

Course is in very good shape. Last year it was rough. The layout has always been one of my favorites at LOTO and now the improved conditions make it a must play. Keep up the good work.

Family friendly

This was my boys first time playing at this course... and they are hooked!! As young teenagers they LOVED getting amazing clubs to play with!!!
This was definitely be their best experience to date and a family memory to last a lifetime!
THANK YOU!

We had an excellent time golfing here. The par 3s were beautiful

Enjoyable Course I'd Like to Play Again

We had the chance to play The Cove at the end of a holiday week and had a great experience. Got to the signature fourth hole and took our time as there was no one behind us. To start, three in our group (one passed on the chance) went back to the tips to hit just to see what it was like from the back.

The blue tees were set at 223 yards when we played. For us hackers, that is a big challenge as it is ALL carry over the beautiful corner of the Lake. Hitting driver, I did manage to find the grass between the front bunkers. Then, we all went to our regular white tees and played on. I hit my “real” tee shot (5-wood) to nearly the same place but just a bit closer, chipped on and holed my best putt of the day from about 12 feet. From the white tees, another in our group hit driver hole high to eight feet. All in all, a cool hole!

We settled in and continued the rest of the day and had an enjoyable day. A couple of the fairways run very near close to each other and kind of made things hazardous. On three, one of our group nearly hit someone teeing off on five. Then, when we were teeing off on five, a group sprayed a shot right near us. Signs are there telling you to watch out but our group had two close calls!

The course was in very good shape and the greens were excellent. The GPS on the carts are nice, too. The par 3s are all very interesting and enjoyable. Would love to get back there and play it again, as well as the other track at the Four Seasons, The Ridge. I’d say the price is a little high but expected on a holiday weekend. A lot of good courses are in the area but I’d give The Cove high marks.

Very dissatisfied

I have played here and not happy with the decline of the place. The staff was nice and helpful, but the course was showing alot of problems. We traveled with a group of guys and played other places in area and the courses were well taken care of. The Cove fairways were very long and looked like the the weeds need sprayed. One bridge that we were driving over had holes in the boards and I can't believe our cart did not fall thru.

It poured on us and decided it was to wet to play and it was still raining when we gave up. The would only give us credit and credit was based on holes we played. We were halfway thru 9 and did not even get a full credit.

Would try to stay away and play somewhere else.

Pace of play

I left after the front nine, pace of play was horrible. Took 2 1/2 hours to play the front nine.

Freedom

The weather is hot and humid but don't let that stop you from golfing. Greens roll awesome, no waiting since everyone chickens out when it gets hot. Only took 3 hours to finish . Definitely going back again.

Commented on 08/10/2019

Summer months can definitely scare away a few golfers with heat and humidity. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the course and pace of play. We hope to see you again before summer's end!

Commented on 08/10/2019

Thank you for the excellent 5-star review! We're always happy to hear when our guests have a great time, and look forward to your next visit.

The Cove

Excellent layout and course conditions. True and fast greens. Liberal width of fairways but traps can be very demanding!
Great course.

Commented on 06/15/2019

Thank you for the great review of The Cove! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the layout and the greens. We look forward to your next visit!

beautiful course

I golfed... my wife just rode ... staff was okay with that.. well kept for this time of year.. check in was flawless.. cart ready.. could not have asked for more

Commented on 05/09/2019

Your 5 star review made us smile! We're so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed The Cove course and look forward to your return.

Alway a good adventure

Love the layout not easy lots of elevation changes and tricky putts

Great Layout, Poor Greens

Overall I enjoyed my round at The Cove. If the greens and a couple of tee boxes were in better condition this would be a 5 star rating. The course is beautifully situated next to the lake and the signature par 3 over the cove of the lake, while difficult is a wonderful sight. The issue was that all the greens were covered in sand so much that putting for score was not possible. I still had a good time but basically played tee to green and had to move on.

Course to myself

I am a golfer with a disability. I have muscle stiffness and getting in and out of carts can make it worse. If I walk a course it helps me stay looser. I have a letter from my doctor that even explains this. This is a course that typically does not allow walking but they made an exception for me. To me that is a sign of good course management. It was cold when I played so no one was on the course. Very hilly and it was quite a workout to walk. I played terrible, outside the fairway on most tee shots. Fantastic views, course was in great condition even for late fall. Plenty of wildlife with a highlight of a buck trotting thru the fairway on the back nine. Highly recommended.

Great Golf Course

It's a lake course, so you will have to think about tee shot on most holes. Though not long from the tips, accuracy off the box is critical but once you get it in the fairway, the course can be beaten based on your handicap. The pro and staff are very friendly and even helped us play a 6 some for 9 with wives putting (we played a 2 ball scramble to move along quickly). This is a must course to play while in the area and the rates are great if aren't looking for "prime" tee times. By the way, I rated the course extremely challenging because I have to be better with my tee ball:)

Quality Lake Course

This RTJ design is great. No 2 holes are even close to the same. This course can challenge golfers of all handicaps. Condition was good even though it was recently punched. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We played in 3 1/2 hours which is a miracle for our group.

Sunrise Beach, Missouri