The Ridge Course at The Lodge

Year Built 1991
Architect Ken Kavanaugh (1991)

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Cart Path Only! Wait? What?

I wish I could write a good review but I just can’t. Having rained for the past few days we expected it to be cart path only. We played yesterday and it was cart path only at a different course and was not an issue. The design of this course does not allow for a normal cart path only game. It’s a hilly course, that’s a given since it’s in the Ozarks but this was ridiculous. The cart paths were NO where near the fairways or greens! You couldn’t see the fairways from the cart paths. At times our carts slid down the cart paths without the wheels turning, it was dangerous and when you’re so busy worrying if you’re going to be able to control your cart, the golf game is inconsequential. The starter told us we would slide down the hills around the greens and we should have spiked shoes. What? He said COVID forced them to close the restrooms on the course, but apparently not the ball washers or the flag sticks. And no one working had masks on. This course should have been closed to play. Without a doubt the worst golf day I’ve ever had.

The course was in good shape. It was a very nice course to play. The person in the pro shop was not very friendly when we walked in. The ladies in the grill were not friendly too. The pace of play was very poor. Had a group of four that never let us play through. So with that being said we did not get to finish our eighteen holes. If we could of not had the experience of the pro shop the grille and people not letting you play through. The only goof thing I can say is the course was beautiful

Rough experience on a hot day

Don’t know where to start but I have to say that the ridge is definitely not on the same class as the cove when comparing the two courses run by The Four Seasons. The staff was unfriendly from the get go and at check in the young guy work in the Counter had no personality and was unwilling to give any type of instruction as to what T to start on or what carts to take. Assuming we started on 1 we were instantly met by an employee who told us that we need to be playing on hole number 10 we politely followed his instruction and headed out in a round but after a few holes it was clear that other foursomes ahead of us clearly did not get the same type of instruction as we were getting bunched up quickly. The greens were so so burnt up in many spots and players did not repaired ball marks and spike marks everywhere was very difficult to put it made for a frustrating round on the greens and fairways were not in great shape either
many shots you were penalized due to the course conditions being a 90° plus day cart amenities were nowhere to be found and no water throughout the course due to Covid. Again these are all things that you could inform your paying customers about before rounds begin. The were more concerned with their league than anything else than was obvious from the beginning. extremely frustrating afternoon with so many great options at the lake of the Ozarks it’s a shame that this course was in the condition it was in I can’t see myself paying $40-$80 to play around here when there are many other options they provide greater value greater service and the overall better experience. I have played this course three times now in hopes it would be different. Unfortunately it hasn’t. I hope it does because it could be a nice course with a little TLC

This course is a hidden gem in the Ozarks, often overlooked. After playing the Ridge, I probably won't be back to the Cove which I've played 3 times. The Ridge is FAR better for way less. I was pleasantly surprised with how perfect each tee box, fairway, and green were, especially after last year with the green situation. I will be back a bunch.

Avoid this course

Course conditions were very bad. Greens were the worst I have played this year with many bare spots. There was no one on the course, so therefore the pace was excellent. It was the only thing I could recommend about the place. I will not play this course again.

Sorry

This probably was the worst golfing experience I have endured. Had I known the condition of the greenIs I would have not bothered to play. The staff did not honor our Golf Now tee time because we arrived 2 hours earlier than our booked time, even though there was nobody, I mean nobody on the course. Total failure and definitely avoid!

Course was fun. We played bad but we loved the layout and crazy elevations!

Great value

The course was in great shape despite a few rough spots on the greens. The staff was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone.

Course in Great shape! I’m from out of town and had a blast in this course layout

Will play again

I got off early with no warmup but no one in front. Pace of play no issue. Greens were great like the layout. Fairways a bit rough from wet weather Cart paths rough

awesome course

the house was laid out wonderful. greens were smooth . unfortunately this time of year it ws quite swampy. cart path only on 7 holes. other than that I loved it..

Elevation changes!!

Fun course however extreme wet weather conditions made for a tough play. Soggy, soggy fairways and cart path only made it hard for us older fellas. Played it last year, wonderful!!!

Commented on 05/18/2019

Thank you for the 4-star review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your round at The Ridge even with all the rain we've recently had. We look forward to seeing you again!

Challenging Course...Marvelous Staff

This is a hilly, challenging layout which at time or another during your round, require every club in your bag. Tees and fairways are in excellent shape. Rough is thick...you’ll need a rescue or iron. Plenty of water...plenty or sand. Some traps are not maintained well(weeds growing in them). Greens are in good shape...this was mid-August and there were very few burnt out areas.

This is a good test of golf!

Commented on 08/22/2018

Thank you for the 4 star-review and the kind words about the staff and the course! There's no doubt the elevation changes will challenge your game. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your round and look forward to seeing you again.

Play This Course

Like any lake course, your tee shot is critical. If you are playing the course for the first time, ask the staff about a couple of shots that might be "blind" and they will give you the "heads up". Love the elevations of lake courses so you have to think about your club selection. Certainly not your local "muni" course so bring your game and your thinking hat, but that's what makes this course fun. This is a course I love to play, especially if I am struggling a bit. If you play well, the course is beatable. Good luck

Please help these Greens

This is one of my favorite tracks at the lake. But this time the greens were shot. They informed us that the greens had recently been punched but I can live with that. They were loosing many of the greens. You could see where that were trying to sod a couple of them but they needed to start from scratch at least 5 of them. A shame because this is a terrific place to play.

Lots of elevated tees

Nice course; prototypical "Lake of the Ozarks" course, with lots of elevation changes, holes incorporating water, etc. Rewards straight drives. The fairways are receptive, zoysia grass, so plenty of roll. A few holes are particularly challenging, with uphill approaches to the green. Difficulty is in choosing courses at the Lake, with Robert Trent Jones, NIcklaus, Palmer and Weiskopf courses nearby. The Ridge is of virtually the same caliber; a 15% decrease in greens fees would make it a good value.

Good course

Enjoy playing there when we use our timeshare couple times a year

Sunrise Beach, Missouri