Indian Rock Golf Club

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Much improved

You can tell that they have put money into the course I think once they do away with the bunkers completely it will be even better.

Disappointed

2:30 to play 9 holes. Didn’t have 5 hours didn’t play the second 9. Got there 40 before my tee time course was open. Pro shop told me I had to wait. The 3 groups ahead of me weren’t at the course yet. Two groups of 4 and a group of 2. Played though them. Caught a group of 5 playing that wouldn’t let me play though. Ugh. Be a long time before I go back.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and will use your comments as guidance in doing so. Thank you for playing Indian Rock Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Indian Rock's Great Layout

This course is in great shape this year.......Much better than in past years. The layout is challenging, several blind shots greens just off the water heavily wooded. This fun friendly course is Fast paced and full of beautiful scenery.

Not worth the money

Dry tee boxes and fairways, horribly slow pace of play, and rock hard or muddy bunkers.

I don’t mind the course conditions of the price is right, but I would encourage management to send a course Marshall out to speed up pace of play.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Hi Dan, we apologize for the issues you experienced while playing Indian Rock Golf Club. Please know that we always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Beautiful Course

Indian Rock has a beautiful layout. The course was in great shape! The staff was really friendly and helpful. I will be back to play again!

Fun course

Fun and challenging course. Club house and staff are friendly

Best greens I've played all year

Was super impressed with the greens. Great job all around from the greens crew! Cups were cut really sharp, rolled amazingly true. Only complaint was pace of play. Several calls were made to clubhouse, but nothing was done. A single four-some was backing the entire course up. Skipped them at 11 never saw another group after that. Front 9 is more fun then the back. Hole 17 is a really pretty hole. Will for sure play it again in the future.

Killin time during Covid-19 quarantine

Took my son out for a round today. The day was beautiful. Course was in decent shape for this early in the year. Greens were nice and soft with very few divot marks. Fairways were cut nice and short and the rough was easily manageable. We played the course in 3 hours and 15 minutes.

For a calm, relaxing round make sure to book a tee time!

IR Golf Course

Course has been upgraded the last few years to where it has gone from good to almost excellent, And they continue to make improvements. Highly recommend it.

Good value in Lake of the Ozarks area

Course was in pretty good condition, thanks to considerable rain this year, but some greens & fairways were a bit weedy & patchy. I like the layout & tee offerings. Staff was friendly. Off course amenities were limited, but staff recommended a good local bar & grill just across road from the course. No onsite practice range.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and appreciate your feedback in regards to the greens and fairways so we can improve before your next round. Its great to hear you enjoyed the layout of the course though and that you had a pleasant experience with our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Indian Rock Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great vistas and well laid out

This is a beautiful course, fair yet challenging. Play it, you’ll like it.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Indian Rock Golf Club another try in the near future.

I play this course a quite a bit and it’s always in great shape. The staff is always nice and welcoming to everyone and they have a good pro shop and bar and food when u make the turn. Never had a bad experience here and will always recommend it. Sunday mornings are a little busy the only reason I had the pace of play 4 star.

Pace of play a big problem

We were only able to play 11 holes because the pace of play was so bad. Played Old Kinderhook 2 days ago and played 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours. On hole 11 today at Indian Rock we were nearing 3 hours, we picked our balls up on the fairway of 12 and left. Not worth the wait at all.

Commented on 07/30/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Course Condition Poor & Walking Not Allowed

The condition of this course, in my opinion, is way below par which is not a good thing. The Zoysia fairways were lacking in Zoysia but not in weeds. The greens were very shaggy and hard. They didn't appear to have been aerated this season and/or top dressed. Since this is the case the ball marks on the greens were very bad. I understand the course can only advise players to please repair the ball marks but many players today are ignorant, lazy, or both. The course however owes it to its customers to provide the best experience possible and Indian Rock doesn't.
The course design has too many tee shots which are completely blind and sometime these holes are also doglegs. One hole in particular, #3, has a pond which is on the course map but there is nothing indicating the distance the pond is from the tee or how far it is to carry the pond. To compound this this tee shot is blind too. One final thing is most of the bunkers have an abundance of weeds in them.
When we arrived we asked to walk and were told 'we don't walk here'. I walk everywhere I play unless the course topography is truly difficult. This course is not one of those courses. To me and others in my group it is more about revenue than allowing people to actually play the game the way it is meant to be played.
I live in the area and you can be rest assured I will not avail myself of playing at this course again.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hi, skeetergolf. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Indian Rock Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Will Not Return

The course condition is very poor compared to the other courses I've played in the area.
The fairways have very patchy Zoysia grass in the fairways, the greens were very shaggy, and the bunkers had more weeds than grains of sand. One thing that this and many courses deal with is ball marks on greens which are not repaired. The course can't stop lazy golfers from not repairing these blemishes but they could have someone go around daily to get the worst of them..
The course design isn't bad but in my opinion there are too many blind tee shots. One in particular is the par 5 third hole which has a pond in the middle of the fairway which can't be seen from the tee. There is nothing that i could see which indicated the distance to get to the pond and/or the distance to carry the pond. From the course map one can't tell where the pond starts/ends.
Lastly, the course does not allow players to walk. Their reasoning is that it is too difficult. I walk 99% of the time and I understand if the course topography requires this practice. This course is not one of those courses. This game is made for walkers and it seems revenue is more important than allowing players the option to walk. I have walked tracks like Bayside Golf Course near Ogallala, NE and that is an example where riding at least the back 9 would be advisable. This course is no Bayside so Indian Rock should reconsider this policy.

Commented on 07/22/2019