Type Private

Formerly known as Union Hills Golf Course

Oak Valley Golf Course

Year Built 1960
Architect Gary Kern Homer Herpel (1960)

Oak Valley RESORT

Played a warm day in December so, off season; fairways dormant but even so it was in very good shape. The greens were very good considering the time of year. Fairways are a mix of Bermuda and zoysia. Cart paths better than most courses. This was originally the Teamster’s course. Newer ownership now. I’m sure they have plans to work on the course through the off season and going forward. I would recommend giving it a try. I’m anxious to play it in season.
It’s Not just a golf course. Brand New club house and banquet center, restaurant/bar; pool/water park Wow! Very impressive facilities. Something for the whole family. Check it out on line. https://www.oakvalleygolfcourse.com/

The course was fun to play.

The course is fun to play with the back nine being more challenging. You can tell they are trying to fix and repair the sand traps. Most all out of play. Overall a good time with a challenging course. I can see the progress, very nice pro shop. Keep improving.

Course is fun to play

New ownership is really improving the course over the last year while now improving the bunkers with white sand.

BAD SCORE, BUT A GREAT DAY

It was my second game of golf, so my score was terrible. I was in over my hesd, but I still had a blast! As far as the pace, we had a foursome in front of us, so we waited almost every hole to tee off. The course was beautiful, but a few of the fairways held a lot of water. The burger was excellent from the restaurant. I will be back,..after I improve!

Work in progress

I’ve played this course many times. I like the layout, but there is still work to be done. The management has made many improvements and it shows.

This visit really the tee boxes really needed mowing. They were pretty shaggy, which didn’t hurt the round, but made it a little tough deciding how high to tee it up.

Greens are a little slow, but pretty consistent. Sand traps are being rebuilt; the new ones Look outstanding. Others should be played as ground under repair even if not marked as such.

The clubhouse is dramatically improved. Didn’t stay for lunch this time, but food here has always been good and a good value.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Bad condition

This course is being worked on but currently in bad shape. Some holes are barely playable. Pot holes on some holes and cow pasture type turf for fairways. Not a good course if you want a decent score.

Commented on 08/06/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort.

The new owners continue to improve the course. Fairways are coming in nice. Greens could be a little faster.

Best kept secret

This course is really making a comeback, one of the best kept secrets for guys who play once a week.

Right by the highway and great view of revier

Starting to really make updates, hope they can keep the price down

Work in progress

Greens and most fairways are pretty good.
Tee boxes are a mixed bag for men. Most of the ladies tees are greatly in need of attention. They aren’t maintained nearly as well as the men’s.
The sand traps are pretty much dirt. They say they are rebuilding them, but I’ve only seen one rebuilt this whole year.
The cart paths are mostly rough.
The layout is a good challenging course. Some fair challenges and some that can be gotten. I’m about a 15 handicap, so you can temper the amount of challenge if you’re a low handicap. A higher handicap may need to move up to gold tees.

Improving course and clubhouse

The course was pretty good considering all the rain and there were workers throughout the course working on the fairways and definitely going to improve overall from the Teamster thieves...

Greatly improved!

Everything at this course is changing for the better. While it is a bit of a drive, it is well worth the time to get there. We were glad to see maintenance people actively working the course. The price for Seniors is very attractive & will be a big draw.

Not A Good Experience

We played Oak Valley today for the first time since the changeover from Union Hills. We were hoping for better. It was not a good experience. Some parts of the fairway were OK, but for the most part just some clumps of grass surrounded by hard tack dirt. The tee boxes were in poor condition and often not level. The most annoying parts, however, were the four-group backups through the back nine and the maintenance workers and mowers on just about every other hole who would stand their ground in the fairway and not yield for you to play. The most you could hope for was for them to stop working and then stand in the fairway and stare at you while you tried to avoid hitting them. Lastly, the greens looked good and rolled pretty true, but were literally hard as concrete. I hit a PW from 100 yards out -- beautiful, high majestic shot. Watched it land on the green 3' in front of the pin, bounce two times (the first one at least 8-10' high) and roll 25 feet from the pin. This happened more than once. All in all a really bad round of golf, even at the discounted price.

Commented on 06/14/2019

Hello Steve and Karen. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

First time on course

We enjoyed our round although the weather was hot and the gnats were bothersome. The greens were in very good shape, the fairways were in ok condition.

Commented on 06/04/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort. Let us first start by apologizing for the gnats and weather during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the conditions. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/29/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

What is Happening?

I played this course last year and it was in decent shape. I figured that with the new owners and the changes being made this year would be even better. Unfortunately it has gotten worse the fairways were very poor with crunchy dirt and weeds. Some were only dirt, greens do play very nice those seem to be in great shape. I just hope they continue to work on the course and don’t give up. For now it’s not in great shape and not worth to playing.

Commented on 05/28/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback in regards to the fairways to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Oak Valley Golf Course We hope to see you again in the future.

Improving but ...

Great layout and potential to be great but right now the course is not good. Tee boxes and fairways have hardly any grass so you are basically playing off bare dirt or thinly spaced weeds. Bunkers are not playable. It is obvious that owners are spending money to improve the overall complex but the course conditions are very disappointing.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Hello asweet. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Extremely over priced

Paid $45 for 18, this course should be $25 at the most for 18. At oak valley you pay premium price for golf but the condition of the course is ridiculous.. I literally felt like they tricked me paying what I did for what was the worst condition course I’ve played this year.

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort. We are very sorry the value seemed off and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Herculaneum, Missouri