2.6

Formerly known as Union Hills Golf Course

Oak Valley Golf Course
Red (W) 72 5458 yards
Scorecard for Oak Valley
Blue M: 72.1/134 380 365 340 225 366 342 490 505 165 3178 400 510 165 425 370 350 175 547 440 3382 6560
White M: 70.6/130 370 346 316 200 347 327 480 480 160 3026 375 480 166 400 360 340 148 530 410 3209 6235
Red W: 71.9/127 300 325 300 175 316 307 470 470 140 2803 290 425 140 315 310 300 120 415 370 2685 5488

Year Built 1960
Architect Gary Kern Homer Herpel (1960)

Improving course and clubhouse

The course was pretty good considering all the rain and there were workers throughout the course working on the fairways and definitely going to improve overall from the Teamster thieves...

Greatly improved!

Everything at this course is changing for the better. While it is a bit of a drive, it is well worth the time to get there. We were glad to see maintenance people actively working the course. The price for Seniors is very attractive & will be a big draw.

Not A Good Experience

We played Oak Valley today for the first time since the changeover from Union Hills. We were hoping for better. It was not a good experience. Some parts of the fairway were OK, but for the most part just some clumps of grass surrounded by hard tack dirt. The tee boxes were in poor condition and often not level. The most annoying parts, however, were the four-group backups through the back nine and the maintenance workers and mowers on just about every other hole who would stand their ground in the fairway and not yield for you to play. The most you could hope for was for them to stop working and then stand in the fairway and stare at you while you tried to avoid hitting them. Lastly, the greens looked good and rolled pretty true, but were literally hard as concrete. I hit a PW from 100 yards out -- beautiful, high majestic shot. Watched it land on the green 3' in front of the pin, bounce two times (the first one at least 8-10' high) and roll 25 feet from the pin. This happened more than once. All in all a really bad round of golf, even at the discounted price.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Hello Steve and Karen. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

First time on course

We enjoyed our round although the weather was hot and the gnats were bothersome. The greens were in very good shape, the fairways were in ok condition.

Commented On 06/04/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort. Let us first start by apologizing for the gnats and weather during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the conditions. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

What is Happening?

I played this course last year and it was in decent shape. I figured that with the new owners and the changes being made this year would be even better. Unfortunately it has gotten worse the fairways were very poor with crunchy dirt and weeds. Some were only dirt, greens do play very nice those seem to be in great shape. I just hope they continue to work on the course and don’t give up. For now it’s not in great shape and not worth to playing.

Commented On 05/28/2019

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback in regards to the fairways to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Oak Valley Golf Course We hope to see you again in the future.

Improving but ...

Great layout and potential to be great but right now the course is not good. Tee boxes and fairways have hardly any grass so you are basically playing off bare dirt or thinly spaced weeds. Bunkers are not playable. It is obvious that owners are spending money to improve the overall complex but the course conditions are very disappointing.

Commented On 05/21/2019

Hello asweet. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Extremely over priced

Paid $45 for 18, this course should be $25 at the most for 18. At oak valley you pay premium price for golf but the condition of the course is ridiculous.. I literally felt like they tricked me paying what I did for what was the worst condition course I’ve played this year.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort. We are very sorry the value seemed off and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Great potential

They are renovating clubhouse which will be fabulous.
Course is challenging but fiun to play. If you like the beach you’ll enjoy the strategically placed sand traps

First time playing Oak Valley GC

My Sunday group decided to give Oak Valley a try since we love to play new tracks and recent reviews were pretty good

Overall we really enjoyed the course layout. Gary Kern is one of my favorite Midwest golf course designers. We were not disappointed. It is a hilly course with many drastic elevation changes, but you can almost always see the flag from the tees. Very few totally blind shots. The greens have quit a bit of undulation, so if the greens were really fast they could be quite challenging. And a little course knowledge could go a long way.

Pace of play was excellent, but it was a NFL Sunday, so the going crowd was lower as expected.

As far as the condition go, I think it's quite evident that the new owners are spending some money to try and improve the conditions, I know this based on reviews from earlier this season (soon after the new owners took the course public) and then recent reviews. The greens had recently been aireated (about a week ago), but except for the sand on the greens they were rolling at an acceptable speed and we all really enjoyed the challenge of reading new greens (to us.

Overall I would recommend this course and we look forward to playing it again soon.

To the management; keep up the good work!

Dave A.

Response from Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort on 10/03/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ehhh

I heard the course was improved but we weren’t impressed and probably won’t be back. When we were there the “clubhouse” was like a junk room with a counter and that was basically foreshadowing how the course was going to be. Could be a fun course but needs quite a bit of work.

Great Place

The new owners are really doing a good job getting the course and facilities back up to speed. Nice course and better and better shape each time I play it.

Oak Valley turn around

I last played when it was Union Hills 2 years ago and haven't been back because back then the greens were full of Poa Annua, I'm happy to say the greens have made a complete 360 and are in excellent shape. The tee boxes were also in great shape. Fairways were 80-90 % . The sand traps were mostly ground under repair but it certainly looks like the new ownership is working hard to improve everything. Brand new beautiful Yamaha golf carts and new bar and restaurant.

For those like me who haven't been here for awhile you should give it a try, also helped that I shot 77 so it was a fun round

1st Tee Course Marshall Could Be Nicer

Overall a good experience. This course and adminities will continue to get better over time... We had a Foursome and the pro shop only gave us 2 paid receipts. Apparently every player is supposed to get their own receipt. It wasn’t our fault and didn’t know that. The Marshall wasn’t exactly friendly about the situation at first. He wanted to deny us tee off or make us go all the way back to the pro shop to get 2 more receipts instead of just radioing the pro shop to confirm. Which ended up happening because the course GM happened to be teeing off ahead of us and had to direct the direct the Marshall to do so.

Response from Oak Valley Golf Course on 09/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Jefferson County area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Very interesting

The tee boxes were in great shape, and the greens were good. Not as fast as back home though. Most of the fairways were fine, however you could see they are a work in progress. My biggest concern was that the woman's tee boxes were too far back on some of the holes. I don't have the strength to get over the ones where you had to hit over the wide caverns. Back home they are at least where I have a chance to make it over.

Course is improving

Seeing the maintenance being done to improve the playability of the course Removing trees and improving the greens has been a noticeable effort. Seeing the investment in new carts and facilities shows the commitment the new ownership has in making this a top course in then area.

Herculaneum, Missouri
House Springs, Missouri
De Soto, Missouri
High Ridge, Missouri

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save
June Special at Shenvalee
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
Latest Articles
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)
Articles
What does the golf course of the future look like?