Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort

Formerly known as Union Hills Golf Course
Oak Valley Golf Course
Red (W) 72 5458 yards
Scorecard for Oak Valley
Blue M: 72.1/134 380 365 340 225 366 342 490 505 165 3178 400 510 165 425 370 350 175 547 440 3382 6560
White M: 70.6/130 370 346 316 200 347 327 480 480 160 3026 375 480 166 400 360 340 148 530 410 3209 6235
Red W: 71.9/127 300 325 300 175 316 307 470 470 140 2803 290 425 140 315 310 300 120 415 370 2685 5488

Year Built 1960
Architect Gary Kern Homer Herpel (1960)

Very interesting

The tee boxes were in great shape, and the greens were good. Not as fast as back home though. Most of the fairways were fine, however you could see they are a work in progress. My biggest concern was that the woman's tee boxes were too far back on some of the holes. I don't have the strength to get over the ones where you had to hit over the wide caverns. Back home they are at least where I have a chance to make it over.
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Average

Course is improving

Seeing the maintenance being done to improve the playability of the course Removing trees and improving the greens has been a noticeable effort. Seeing the investment in new carts and facilities shows the commitment the new ownership has in making this a top course in then area.
Course Conditions Average
Off-course amenities Fair

Not Recommended

?A friend & I played there after work on June 27. We will not be back. While the greens are in great shape, the fairways are in poor condition and will take a lot of work to get then playable. I don't like hitting off hardpan dirt or clumps of crabgrass - if you do then this place is amazing. I know this is now under Walters Golf Management and in a year or 2 will be a nice place to play - and with a price of 18 holes for $20 with a cart this was a good deal. However, the heat was oppressive and with no wind we quit after 9 holes. Because the course is still being renovated there was no real clubhouse and no place to get a drink and relax. By the end of the season it will be more functional - and the renovation is entirely necessary - but I will not be back until they are finished with the upgrade. This could be a really nice course, but needs a lot of care and rebuilding the holes. Fairways are non-existent, but the greens are very nice.
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Layout Fair
Response from Oak Valley Golf Course on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for leaving us here at Oak Valley with a review. We apologize if the course conditions at the moment did not meet your expectations. Our staff is working hard to keep the course in shape, and we hope you will be able to see the improvements when you are back with us again. Thank you again for sharing your concerns.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Excellent
Value for the Money Excellent

Horrible condition

Fairways full of crabgrass and bare spots. The worst condition of any course I played this year.
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Course Layout Good
Response from Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort on 06/18/2018:
Hello Bill, on behalf of Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Lost their fairways

I began playing Oak Valley (Union Hills) last Spring. I have played the course a number of times and though the cart paths and bunkers need work, I have always liked the layout and the large, tough, greens. When we played this Saturday, I was amazed at the poor condition of most of the fairways. I wonder if they put down the wrong fertilizer or something as they were in truly horrible shape. With the hot summer months, I don't anticipate a resurgence in grass growth. They're only going to get worse and that's too bad. Good course but poor conditions right now. I hope they can recover as I know they've been putting money into a new clubhouse but you've got to fix your fairways first!
Off-course amenities Good
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Good
Very poor shape. Greens were decent, though. Played there for years. Not worth what the fees are. Right now worth 15 or 20 bucks max.
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Layout Average
Response from Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort on 06/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Under construction

We were not informed of the poor conditions of the course prior to reservation
Staff Friendliness Excellent
Pace of Play Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort on 06/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Oak Valley Golf Course & Resort, in the Pevely, Missouri area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Good round

Greens in very good condition. Some fairways totally washed out. 13 best fairway. Good value.
Course Conditions Average