Type Public/Municipal

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Fivesomes Allowed No, from April 1 - October 31

9-Hole Rounds 9

One of the best Values in St. Louis

Title says it all. Super cheap, well maintained, basic 9 hole course. Muni course, so don't expect anything fancy like a country club. Course itself is good on beginners as most of the holes are fairly wide open/straight with no sand traps or water hazards (a few 'marsh' areas and tall grass here and there). Challenging part is that it is a fairly hilly course. Still, this is one of my go to's for a quick practice round of 9 since it''s near my house, cheap, and friendly staff. Driving range is nice too, lot of hitting bays available and grass tee is open later in season. Cheap, only 10 bucks for a hundred balls.

Quite possibly best 9-hole value in St. Louis

Hilly, but very walkable. cart use is just $8.
Zoysia fairways and tee boxes in excellent shape.
Course gets a LOT of play, and not everyone fixes their ball marks on greens (surprise). May have to fix a few ball marks to putt, but greens otherwise give an excellent roll. (2-tiered #5 green is especially challenging.)
Course’s stated pace-of-play standard is 2:15, which can understandably be a tad optimistic for the busiest times, like Sat. and Sun. mornings, but is otherwise easily accommodated.
No sand and little water, so even beginners can score decently, while blue tees’ 3000 yards and rolling terrain provide good challenge for the more experienced player.
the clubhouse is a little small, but has all the necessaries, including a more-than-adequate grill and snack bar, as well as club rentals.
Just over 5 min from Hwy 40 and I-170, destination is very accessible. Parking is plentiful.
Driving range is quite nice, though a bit short for bombers off the tee. $4, $7 and $10 buckets of balls (for 40, 70 or 100 balls, respectively) are best value in the area.
The staff are almost always friendly and generally willing to give some extra effort to be accommodating.
Given the comparatively low greens fees, this course is unquestionably an excellent value.

terrible experience

came to golf today with some friends while home from college and was appalled by the terrible service. the man at the front desk talked down to us like we were a burden in his day when in fact his job is to check us in for our tee time. we were babysat the whole time by a marshall who felt it nesessary to follow us from hole to hole and "monitor" what we were doing. overall just not a very enjoyable golf experience and not the fun relaxing day we had in mind. will not be returning

Fun 9 holes

1st time playn course, hilly but fun open course to play. Great 9 hole course to walk and for a great price $10 Will be back

High quality 9 hole gem

I grew up on this course and hand't played it in years. It was in great condition for late December. Surprisingly it played very nicely despite a days worth of rain the day before. The staff was very friendly and since there was very little traffic I was able to play the course twice in under 3 hours. This course will test your game and hour ability to keep it straight but it is very enjoyable and very fair. Highly recommend for 9 holes in the St. Louis area.

A nice play to play. One caveat

I have played here many times and enjoy and recommend it, especially for advanced hackers like myself. I make this one caution. Maybe it is because Ruth Park is owned by a municipality, but there are many maintenance people traversing the course. Some seem to be cutting grass that doesn't need cutting. Others involved in various tasks, -- trees, the range, drainage, the greens, watering.. It is a lot of people. Not a problem, you say. Keeping the course in shape. Fair enough.

But in my experience, some of these folks have insufficient interest in deferring to the daily greens fee players. You wait on them, not the other way around. Yesterday, a man either sanding or cutting the green kept me waiting for several minutes 100 yards out while he drove in circles. .When I arrived to hit in my putt he loudly berated me at length because he thought I was moving sand around the hole with my foot, which I was not doing, but what is the big deal even if I was. It was bizarre and scary.

This is an unusual review which I make in the following spirit to those involved in golf course maintenance. If the golfer is standing there waiting to make his shot, drive your mower off to one side, turn of your water hose. step away from the drainage valve==just for a moment, allowing the golfer to safely hit.

golf at Ruth

It was ok to walk.nice round of golf.had a good time.

A good 9 holes for walking

The is well. Maintained. The course is good for the everage golfers. It is not too hard or too easy. It is good for walking to burn up your calories.

not a bad short course

this is a par 35 course with one par 5 and three par threes. It course seemed well maintained and was fun to play. there is one difficult multi layer green but overall a fairly straight forward course.

Great Value

A quick 9 holes for a great value. Greens and fairways are well maintained and the price can't be beat.

Ruth Park

Pros: Can't beat the price (paid $19 to ride 9).
The course is in very good shape.

Con: The course was very slow. I took 2.5 hours to finish the 9 holes. It was July 3rd when we played and everywhere I was looking to play was booked up so I wasn't really surprised.

Municipal course with a dual personality.

The course is in amazing condition considering the storm damage a couple of months ago. However really basic amenities are missing. There was no water jugs on the course where they should have been. The only waterfountain is out of order. This is the really basic things you expect on a hot summer day. Some of the distance markers were missing. This course just keeps getting less and less care.

This golf course is super under rated. To say the least, the staff was every excellent. They even let my 6 year old ride in the cart with us. They will get my business from now on. Keep up the good work guys.

Fairways and Putting Greens

When I played on Friday afternoon the putting greens were slow. Maybe the grass was ready to be cut. On the next day, Saturday, the greens seemed faster. I was paired with a group of three people, two women and a man. Two of those people were clueless about golf etiquette. The man was instructing one woman in Korean as she swung. I don't know what he was telling her but it couldn't have been good. He was clueless himself.

Not worth your time

Only played here because a female golfer and myself wanted to play a quick 9 and it was right down the street. I booked on golf now for 10$ each with cart and when I got there they said that deal doesn't exist.. Well that's the only reason I booked it. As we were standing in te 30min line the guy came out and asked for me to pay more because his boss was making him after he said he would honor it.. Half the people walk here so we were behind 3 groups. You can find a much better deal for 18 and at a course actually deserves your business.. Literally go anywhere else. Also watch out for balls coming at you from the driving range on 3 of the 9 holes.. Waste of time

Plays Once a year

Great course, even better value!

You can't ask for a better value if you want to get a friendly round in. The course is well maintained and the staff is always friendly. I'd recommend Ruth Park to any and all my friends, from beginners to experts. Just a fun and delightful place to play.

Poor weather

Love this local course

We got rained out after three holes. Course is in good shape. I will be back soon.

Charged more than the GolfNow price

Course was in good shape, but they absolutely packed it to the gills, took us 3 hours to play nine holes. Also, the price I reserved on GN was $10, and shame on me for not realizing that was walking only. The guy in the pro shop was kind of a jerk, said something like "you only paid GolfNow a fee for the chance to play here, you have to pay me $18", while someone being helpful would have said "the $10 is fine if you want to walk, or you can add $8 for a cart fee".

Ruth Park is a classic.

Love it this St. Louis Jewel.

Not too challenging, but still fun to play.

Great 9 hole track

Very nice course. Also long for a 9 hole course. Good place with range and course.

Normandy, Missouri