Duncan Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1976
Architect H & H

Credit Cards Accepted None

Great value

Worth the drive from the Kansas City. Price is great course was in good condition. Friendly staff and challenging holes

Duncan Hills looks better than ever

Although I have played Duncan Hills at least 60 times in the past 25 years, I had not been there for a couple of years. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the course looks better than ever. The tee boxes, fairways, and greens are nicely maintained, and it is clear that money has been spend on improvements throughout the course. I saw ponds I had never noticed before because of the clearing of tall brush and trees around them. I was pleased to meet the new management after the round and to tell her how nice the course looks.

Good Day

Beautiful day.Played with my oldest friend. Golf was fun

Early Fathers day

Low 70's very windy. Much improved since I played it a couple years ago. Tee boxes much better but hard to get a tee in the ground very hard.

In GREAT shape

This course was in great shape. Very well maintained grounds. The only issue I had was the pace of play. I had a group in front of me that had 4 people at first but as we played their group size grew to 8 people. The course Marshall never said anything to them and they didn't offer me to play through. Not that I was in a hurry, after all I was out golfing. However, I was playing solo and I had to wait for 8 people to hit and then go search for their balls for the last 6 holes of the course. Some of the people in this group were also jumping from hole to hole around the course, then coming back to play on the same hole with their buddies.
This was frustrating for me because etiquette and common courtesy wasn't being practiced. I understand that we are all out there to have fun, but it wasn't fun for me to be behind them.
Other than this issue, I loved this course. The tee boxes, fairways , and greens were in fantastic shape. I will be palying there again soon.

Ease of use

Considering the hot dry weather we have had the course was in good shape.

Create course, friendly staff

I play a lot of courses in this area and this is a very good one. It's the most forgiving course around so if your 20 handicap like me this is for you. If your not a long drive pro no worries, this is a strategic course. I play this course a lot and each time I learn somthing new. My wife also plays this course and likes it, it gives the ladies a nice advantage. The greens are well kept and the fairways are the best around.

On hole 3 layup about 200 yards to the top of the hill. Trust me u can't clear the second water. On hole 4 do the same unless you can carry 250+ and straight lol. On 10 cut the corner a good 230 drive leaves you 90 out. Hole 11 good luck. After that your in the clear.

Commented on 09/20/2016

Thank you! We really appreciate your review and your tips are great for our new players. Hope you and your wife come see us again soon!

This course is a challenge.

The course has really high rough. We spent about as much time looking for our ball as we did playing golf. The day was windy so it was hard to stay in the fairways. We lost several balls, but found as many as we lost, so I would say others had the same problem we had. The marshalls and golf pro were very friendly, but the counter person not so much. Could have played another course for less money, but the holiday weekend made that difficult.

retgolfer1,

Thank you for the review. It looks like it has been a while since you have been out to the course. We would love to have you out here again. I think you might be impressed by the improvements we have made in the last 2 years.

Fun and challenging course

I played with two other people and we all have varying skill levels. This course provided challenges for all of us. The greens were well maintained and easy to putt on. We will be back to play again!

Hello,

We're glad to hear the course presented a challenge to your whole group. We hope you have found the opportunity to come back by, if not, please do!

poor course conditions

Unfriendly and unorganized staff. Mower followed us around the course. Looks like the mower only has one blade, horrible grass conditions. Ruff was 6 inches long and fairways were a solid 2 uf there was any grass there. Hillbilly delux for sure. Would be a decent course if the groundskeepers knew anything. Don't pay more than $20 to play.

mlutes85,

I'm sorry to hear your experience on the course was not what you expected last time you were out here. It looks like that was a while ago . We have continuously improved over the last several years and we would love to have you back out to see what you think of the course now.

Stanberry, Missouri