Year Built 1994
Architect Craig Schreiner (1994)

Carts Yes - $18

Outlaw course

Paradise Point has two courses. Posse and Outlaw. We played the outlaw. It was 18 out and back. No beverage cart was to be seen. Carts do not have GPS. Tee boxes were a bit chewed up and so were some of the fairways. Greens had a lot of unrepaired dimples. Located along the edge of Smithville Lake, it does offer some scenic holes.

It’s a shame

I haven’t played this course in several years. I was very disappointed in the condition and pace of play. They have a lot of people working there, which I expect at a tax payer subsidized course. But, none of them are doing anything. The course conditions have been allowed to deteriorate to the point I wonder what they are doing with our money?
Could be a great course.

Very playable course

It eclipse day and it rained. Very playable, course in average condition, greens were very good but tee boxes and fairways had a lot crabgrasses. No beverage cart that day. No GPS on carts. Pace of play was good. Would play again and tell friends to go there

Good layout,, need some in fairways

Beautiful course in places, especially on the lakeside holes. Lots of slope on fairways. But the fairways were horrible. Very little grass. Especially compared to the Outlaw course at this complex. Play the Outlaw.

3 hour round is common

3 hour rounds are common in the afternoon at Paradise Point. The Posse course is bluegrass and in good condition with "green" grass all year long. It is a fun and challenging layout with user friendly rough. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food service is excellent with a nice clubhouse and well stocked pro shop. Both courses have beautiful lake side holes and abundant wildlife, turkey, deer, squirrels, geese, hawks and eagles.

3 hour rounds are common

3 hour rounds are common in the afternoon at Paradise Point. The Outlaw course is Zoysia grass and in good condition, until cold weather arrives. The layout is fun and challenging, yet user friendly with low mowed rough. The staff is super friendly with good food service and nice club house with pro shop well stocked.

Great course great views

Being on smithville lake give both courses two advantages; access to cheap water and visual beauty. There's also one drawback and that's goose droppings. The Posse is my favorite of the two course. Until I play the Outlaw. The Posse is a beautiful course with many holes right on the lake. I'm always surprised that both of these course aren't busier because they're just north of kC and really great courses. If it's early in the year, say, before May, play the Posse rather than the Outlaw. The Outlaw's fairways don't grow in till it gets warm. Other than that, you can't lose playing here. Except golf balls. I've lost plenty here.

18 straight through.

Being on smithville lake give both courses two advantages; access to cheap water and visual beauty. There's also one drawback and that's goose droppings. The Outlaw course is challenging but fair. It's always been well maintained every time I've played it. The fairways don't green up very early in the year because they are hot weather grass so it's not a bad idea to play the Posse till May. The Outlaw is 18 with no break so bring food and drink. I usually play midweek so there isn't a beverage cart them. I'm always surprised that these courses aren't busier. They're great courses, they aren't that far north of KC, with the lake along many holes it's really nice to look at. So they get my vote. I don't have a favorite between the two. I usually think it's the Posse but then when I play the Outlaw I think, no, I like this one better. So there you go.

Great Place To Golf

1st time I've been back to Paradise Point in a long time. Have always loved this place. This is were my Uncle taught me to play so it will always be my favorite golf complex. When I last played here there was only 1 course just to give you an idea how long it has been. Played both the Posse and Outlaw (didn't like and won't play the Outlaw again that's why I'm reviewing the Posse). What I liked about the Posse is it reminded me of my regular course (Lake Park in Dallas see other recommended below) only with more hills and slightly more challenges and a couple of extremely long par 5s. They just need to put GPS in the carts (thankfully my Uncle is a Marshall here so I don't need a GPS) and the price was a little higher than I'm used to for a weekday (i never golf weekends just to crowded) Lake Park is $25 that includes cart w/GPS and tax everything. Will play this course every time I come to visit my side of the family. Highly recommend.

Exceeded Expectations

Pleasantly surprised by this public course which is good for all skill levels. The Posse is the original course and snakes along Smithville lake with nice scenery, however kids on their boats can be too loud along some of the holes. Fairways are average to above average and fairly wide, surprisingly hilly and can make for some challenging shots. Greens are above average difficulty and taken care of fairly well. The sand needs to be taken care of better and replaced with higher quality sand. The club house is slow and crowded due to the 36 holes it is servicing. The cart service is above average and they have nice freshly made deli sandwiches which is a plus so you don't have to wait for a hot sandwich at the turn. They also have popular airplane bottle liquor and is fairly cheap to eat and drink. Gas powered carts but can walk. Would play this course again especially for the price.

Smithville, Missouri