Woods Fort Golf Course

Year Built 1994
Architect Jerry Loomis

Snacks

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2018 #6)

Country golf

Woods Fort

The course was in really good shape and the greens make it a very challenging so give WF a short

Course was great except for greens. They were real fast and hard.

To many 5, 6, 7, on the tees

I am a member I have been for 3 years. I brought a guest out to Woods Fort on Tuesday. When I arrived with my guest there were 8 carts lined up on the first tee. I had a tee time for 11:00. Thus is unacceptable. Angie being the great person and worker she is got on the phone and set me up another tee time a a different facility. She is just great. Then I go to the course this morning to walk 18 holes and as I am walking to the 18th green I see 8 people playing together on the 10th hole. Again unacceptable. The course in the best course around. Greg and his staff are unbelievable on what they do for the course. Quit allowing more than a foursome on a hike at a time. I expect to be able to tee off at my time at 11:00 on a Tuesday.

Highly Recommend!

Love the course, you can tell that they put a lot of time and effort making this one of the best courses in the area. Was greeted and treated kindly by Angie in the clubhouse, including a nice overview of what the course has to offer. Definitely will be back for years to come, gorgeous views!

Good challenge

Fairways were in great shape, greens were good considering some golfers must not carry a repair tool. Changed some of the holes around since my last visit, which brings you back to the clubhouse now on 18, instead of across the road. I stiil think they either over book, or I get 2 or 3 groups behind the slowest players of the day

Awesome Golf Course

We have been playing golf for many years. Woods Fort is by far my favorite golf course around. I live 25 minutes away and I consider it my home course. Especially when Angie is working in the pro shop. She helps get us on the course as fast as possible and helps us whenever we need anything. As well the bar and restaurant with Heather is awesome. We have lunch/dinner after all our rounds. This is a 5star golf course at a 3star price!!

Solid Course

Woods Fort has really improved over the years. I play this course a lot and conditions are usually very good. Pace of play can sometimes be an issue but overall for the value I really enjoy the course.

Fun Course

First time playing Woods Fort on 9/6. Fun course in great shape and pace of play was outstanding for a Sunday morning. Only hold up was looking for my partner Kyle's sprayed balls in the hazard. What made the experience extra special was the attention given by Angie to ensure we had everyrhing we needed. We definetly be back.

Great Golf Day

Four of us play on this date every year. For the past several years, we have played at Woods Fort. Course is a challenge, prices are reasonable, staff is fantastic and the clubhouse is a great place to end the day. Angie is always a delight to see and takes good care of us. Looking forward to our next visit.
Steve

Good choice for a nice round of golf!

Played a relaxing round with friends at Woods Fort and everyone felt welcomed from the time we checked in until we left the parking lot for the day. Very friendly staff and a great value for the course. Greens were all in good shape and enough contour to make your putting somewhat challenging. Fairways were in good shape and a few holes that had hidden greens or hidden water features, making your approach shot a challenge. I would recommend and be happy to return for another round in the future.

Brutally Slow

Reserved the last tee time for Friday which was 2:30PM. I was playing as a solo golfer so I expected to run into some back up which is totally fine. Tee time was delayed by 15 minutes as play was already backed up at the first hole. Managed to get to the 4th hole after an hour and a half. Ended up leaving as I didn’t plan on spending 6 hours on the course. Not saying this isn’t a beautiful place to play or anything, I’m sure it’s fun if you have a foursome. I just want to post this for any solo golfers thinking about playing here, as this would not be the place I would select. Won’t be coming back unless I am in a foursome.

Great course, good value

Great day on the links with hot weather but enough wind to make it comfortable. Fairways, tee boxes and greens are in very good condition especially considering the summer heat we are experiencing. The course staff does a great job keeping the playing areas in great condition. The greens were a little bumpy due to necessary aeration, but otherwise in very good condition. Pace of play, especially during the week is very good. I play this course frequently so watching the course improve over time makes it obvious the management is investing in the future of the course, as well as the clubhouse itself. The entire staff, Angie, Jason and the others I do not know by name are extremely friendly and helpful!

Playable for anyone

Easy for those beginners yet just difficult enough for the ones who have experience to play well. Course is always in great condition but greens were a little rough nothing bad.

Angie Colbert

Angie is always very pleasant to deal with every time me and my golfing buddies play at Woods Fort GC. She's very professional and very easy to talk to and makes every effort to work with you. She's always smiling and remembers my name. You have a good employee working for you.

Woods Fort 7AUG2020

Woods Fort is a gem of a course for the money. I gave it a good rating. The only courses I have played in the area that I would have rated higher are closer to $80 a round. Even with that amount of play it sees, it is in great shape. There are areas that the Zoysia is so perfect that you don't think it is real. They had just plugged the greens on the back, but they were well sanded and it has to be done. You can tell they are investing in the course. Repaved cart paths and new carts. Always seem to be improving.
The staff is always friendly and make you feel like they are glad you came to play their course. Especially Angie. Even after my typical bad round, her upbeat personality makes me smile.
The restaurant/bar is very nice and has a good menu at reasonable prices. Would like to see a better beer menu, but I am snobby about beer.

Rain out

Staff was extremely rude and condescending. We managed to get three holes in when it started to rain pretty hard. We called the clubhouse and were told we could get a rain check and when we went in to get the rain check it was only for a partial refund. The staff was rude and didn’t offer any explanation as to why we were given only a partial refund, very disappointing to say the least.

Great condition and staff

The course was in great condition. Worth the drive. Angie and Jason go out of their way to assist guests.

Foristell, Missouri