Type Private

Year Built 1998
Architect Keith Foster (1998) Kevin Hargrave (1998)

Played Persimmon Woods GC as a perspective member

Played this course for the first time yesterday. What a treat!!

They should be very proud of this golf club, it is very nice. All the people we met were very friendly and the atmosphere was very casual.

The gal at the halfway snack stop (near hole #12) was very friendly and came out to welcome us. And that was before she realized we were perspective members trying out the course.

Two of us played there from our regular golf group, and really enjoyed our round. The wind added an additional challenge, but Gary and I scored fairly well. Scoring a par on #18 was a highlight for me. We decided to play the White tees since it was our first time to play the course. Good choice! The wind and some of the courses soft conditions would have made 6300+ yards seem much longer. However, I'd love to try the Black tees in dryer, hotter and fast conditions.

Rob (The Golf Course Superintendent) should be very proud of the job he's done to maintain (and improve) the course. St Louis summers are very cruel to golf courses. I did see some heat stress on a couple greens, but not much other damage on the course relating to a brutally hot summer. What a treat to play out of such well groomed bunkers with real white silicon sand! Not used to not having to rake the sand before I play out of it.

The greens were a treat. Don't get to play on greens that fast very often here in St Louis. A small modification to my putting strategy had to be made.

I would recommend this course to anyone who is thinking about joining a private golf course. This is a private Golf club, not a Country Club. This makes it unique in this class of membership based clubs, but the price is appropriate for what it is. This is a club you want to join, if golf is your focus. Most of my golf buddies fall into this category.

I can highly recommend Persimmon Woods!!

Dave A