Pilgrim's Run Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Fairways Dominate Creeping Bentgrass
Greens Dominate Creeping Bentgrass
Architect Mike DeVries (1998)

• Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2018 #5) (2017 #25)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2018 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2018 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2018 #15)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2018 #1) (2017 #2)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 6

Best way to wrap up the season!

Great course, beautiful in the fall, great fall golf and awesome way to wrap up the season!

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club.

Michigan Advisor

Another Perfect Round of Golf at Pilgrim's Run

Perfect golf experiences don't come around often but I'm 2 for 2 at Pilgrim's Run. The trees were changing color, leaves were taken care of, beer was cold, greens were in perfect shape for late fall in Michigan. The layout remains a great mix of holes where you can lay into a driver and even if you are spraying it still find it.
We played the white/blue mix tees and it was the perfect amount of drivers, vs. long irons due to unsure doglegs or trouble.
This course has won so many awards from top course to most friendly and even in a late fall Thursday afternoon you can see why.
Pro tip, take selfies on tee boxes number 2 and 16 and then make sure you leave 1 more beer for when you are done with 18 you have to sit in the adirondack chairs and watch the 18th hole. We didn't have many golfers to watch so the sun setting behind the fall foliage had to be enough for us.
Not sure how many times I said perfect in this review, but perfect, perfect, perfect.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, theburyman. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars! We're so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon at Pilgrim's Run Golf Club!

Accommodating

Awesome job by the staff allowing us to start earlier than scheduled in order to beat an upcoming rainstorm. Saw lightning in the distance just as we were leaving the 18th green. Much appreciated

A Michigan must play

Pilgrims Run is an outstanding course, in the condition it's keep and the layout. Challenging but fair and no gimmicks. Cut into the woods it's scenic and peaceful. Dylan at the pro shop, and Ron as the starter are great. Dylan provided welcoming and professional service and Ron provided friendly and knowledgeable advice about the course. It's a bargain and a course that should be on anyone's list.

Jeff Graham

Pilgrims Run - A Must play!

The reviews are a broken record and for good reason, this place was absolutely awesome. Never in a million years would I have guessed a course this beautiful and in this good of condition could be located in such an isolated place. The greens were perfect, probably 10.5-11 on the stimp and smooth as can be. Great collection of holes going thru the Michigan hills. As everyone has stated previously this is a definite must play if your anywhere near Grand Rapids

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi, thank you for the review and 5-star rating of us! We are so happy to hear that you found your time here to be amazing! We hope that you get to come back and enjoy another excellent experience with us! Please tell your friends and family!

Horribly Slow

Course is great . 5 1/2 hour round is ridiculous.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the recommendation of us! We would like to apologize that your round took longer than expected but hope that you will join us again soon!

So slow I had to quit

Beautiful course in excellent conditions. But if you put a foursome out every 10 minutes, any course becomes congested like an LA freeway. After two holes finished in 1 hour, we quit. Golf shop was very nice and refunded our greens fees.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi George, thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear that you thought the course was in excellent condition. We would also like to apologize again for the pace of play and are happy that we came to a resolution! We hope that you will give us another chance to show you a 5-star experience!

Public gem

This is a fine golf course. Beautiful layout, challenging greens and fine condition. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A definite must play for those seeking a quality golf experience at a reasonable price.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club.

This course has everything done right!

Great layout, challenging but fair. The course is superbly maintained. The only negative I could see is that the tee boxes are pretty worn, but that was very minor. Always a treat to play here.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Your feedback is important to us, u000004252460. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club.

Great course, fun to play

The course and staff were great. A variety of tees was nice, and having a combo set of tees for women was greatly appreciated. The only item that could be improved upon is the lunch options. Hot dog, brat or wrap isn’t enough after a round. So we had to go elsewhere for a burger. Highly recommend this course!

Commented on 08/05/2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Pilgrim's Run Golf Club thanks you!

Gem

This course can content with some of the top public courses in the golf Mecca of Michigan. Absolute gem of a layout and premium conditioning. This course is proof you don’t have to charge a ridiculous rate to have country club conditions. Impressed from pulling into the gate till walking off the 18 green Mike DeVries is quickly climbing my list of favorite golf course architects

Nice but too slow

We are weekend golfers and often play as a twosome. On a beautiful Saturday afternoon we don't expect to fly around the course but we also don't expect 5 1/2 hour rounds either. I rather be paired with another twosome than spend the day waiting. There were three groups waiting on every hole on Saturday and many golfers bailed.

Phenomenal Course!

I had read the reviews and found it hard to believe that a course 30 miles outside Grand Rapids could be so highly rated. Even at 4.8 stars the ratings don't do this course justice. The course was immaculate, the people friendly and helpful, and the pace was fantastic. This course will be on my list of things to do every time I come in or near the Grand Rapids area.

Commented on 07/18/2019

Wow, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Pilgrim's Run Golf Club.

Jeffrey O'Malley is a great instructor!

I didn't play the course on July 12th but I had a lesson with the pro Jeffrey O'Malley at Pilgrams Run. He is a great instructor and helped me immensely with my swing and chipping. If you need a lesson I would definitely recommend Mr. O'Malley! I drove 145 miles from Flint to see him and it was definitely worth it!
I have played Pilgrams Run twice and it is a beautiful course and worth playing. It has a nice range and the staff were very nice to me.
I would recommend playing here and taking a lesson from Jeffrey O'Malley!

Commented on 07/15/2019

My Golf

Always a pleasure to play here, !st.class public course.

Commented on 07/08/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, mcfennema! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great course.

PR is worth the drive and a great value.

Beautiful layout and course is ALWAYS in great shape. Nice mix of holes with generous fairways and HUGE greens. You have to be able to putt and read greens well to score on this course.

Staff are well trained and you can tell everybody wants you to enjoy the round.

A Hidden Jewel

Off the beaten track, this course is aesthetically pleasing and has a great mix of holes on a challenging but fair layout. Although the holes are tree lined, you do not feel intimidated off the tee, and there are no trumped up holes to deceive you. The conditions were fabulous, the food was good, and it felt like an oasis when you entered the property. Very well done ad highly recommended!

Lives up to the considerable hype

It's hard to live up to as much hype as Pilgrim's Run has received from Golf Advisor reviewers. Nevertheless, it is a wonderful layout in excellent shape, tended by friendly people, at a good price. That's pretty much the definition of a five-star course, isn't it?

As for the course itself, PR is a sophisticated work with its own identity, carved as it is out of some dense and peaceful forest. It's one of those golf course where your group feels secluded on most every hole. The bunkering has some nice flair, the greens have excellent movement and trees only affect strategy a few (which is to say an appropriate amount of) times. At $69 maximum, it is a spectacular value.

Great Course and Value

Great layout and the holes rarely parallel another hole. I think we only saw two groups golfing the entire time we were out. Plenty of tee choices to make the course as challenging as you want. The course was in great shape and greens rolled true. Greens were fairly hard so the ball did not bite very well. Very nice driving range and putting green and a bucket of practice balls are included in every cart. While cut through the woods there was generally plenty of fairway width to land your ball. Love the course and the price. I would expect to pay more for this quality.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Hello, Thank you for the five star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! At Pilgrim's Run Golf Club we pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

Pierson, Michigan
Rockford, Michigan
Stanwood, Michigan
Ravenna, Michigan

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900