Year Built 1982
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Wilfrid Reid (1927) Jim Lipe (1982)

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Fox Hills

We played this course twice while visiting with our kids in Michigan. Course is in excellent shape, pace of play very good. We will play here again next time we visit.

Perfect Greens and Fairways

This was one of the nicest coarse I have played this summer and I have played a lot. This is the first review i have ever written on Golf Now and i was extremely impressed. I would pay 50 bucks to play this coarse so if you can get it for a Hot Deal pick it up immediately. I will play this coarse again. Super Fast True Greens that are not super difficult and the fairways were in near perfect condition. Play this coarse. Great for Average and Above average Golfers. Also has a nice grass only driving range.

Not the best green conditions

Greens were patchy and full of ball marks. Tee boxes and greens are located close to each other. So watch out for stray balls flying in your direction.

Other then that, staff was very friendly. The deal from goflnow probably saved a poorer rating. Will not play here again.

Good Course

Took the fiance and mother-in-law to this course. I thought it was a very well kept course with some great views. The course was not very difficult being a par , but was great practice for selecting to correct club to make the green. The course was slow during the front 9 because of a group of kids getting lessons. however, it opened up after the 9th. I plan to play this course at least once a year for now on. The only downside was all the footgolf. Made the course feel cheaper, so far I am not a fan. I would prefer if the footgolf holes were not so close to the greens.

Great course but.....

Normally this course is in great condition from tee to green, but this particular Sunday everything was lush and somewhat overgrown as if they fertilized the entire course and limited the mowing to the bare minimum. The greens were so slow that gauging the speed was next to impossible not only from putt to putt but different from green to green. I'm sure it'll be in tip-top shape before too long. As always their practice facility is the best in the area.

They've packed it in for the season.

Staff seemed untrained and clueless and totally disinterested in the concept of customer service. I haven't played here in a couple of years and course conditions have slipped considerably. Doubt that I'll come back anytime soon. Only positive was the great price we got on golfnow.com 75% savings is the only way I would consider playing here again.

Confused but playable

Two groups had same teetime and neither were on the books. Turn was backed up with add in players. no one was on the course to help .

For a golf levels of players

I play here often and enjoy this course. You have the risk reward I like while playing

Good course for a basic, simple 18

Fox Hills is known on this side of town for it's Golden Fox, but it's other three 9's are ok. They are your average run-of-the-mill holes. Nice fairways with some rather small greens. Bunkers could use some work.

I will never go back as long as Foot Golf is played there

I have played the strategic several times its a great way to sharpen the short game and tech new players. As stated in the title Foot golf has ruined the Strategic fox experience. For those who have never heard of foot golf it is basically golf with soccer balls and idiots. The greens were covered in marks from the soccer cleats making putting a joke.The foot golfers have no sense of golf etiquette. Many twosomes not joining up, an eightsome backing up the whole course. I am pretty sure the group in front of us was so stoned they could barely play. Believe it or not I am not a senile old man complaining about "those dang kids". I am 25 and I just love golf. Sorry Fox hills but the foot golf has to go before I ever come back.

A favorite course

Fox Hills (Hills, Woodland, Lakes) is a favorite course - three nine-hole courses offering different experiences on each. Friendly while being challenging, If you don't keep it in the fairway, be sure to bring adequate balls. This course is normally busy, but the round Sunday was very fast - under three hours (played as a single) - and there was only a $10 charge for an additional nine holes that played in under an hour. The facility has two other courses on the property - Fox Classic (links) and Fox Strategic (a challenging par three course).

Fox Hills

Course was in great condition, fast greens for a good challenge.

A great, fun course period. Not just for a par-3.

I've wanted to play this course for awhile, and finally did as a warm-up for the Golden Fox. It was so much fun! I can't think of another 18-hole par 3 course in MI; even Threetops is only 9 holes. I hit everything from 60* wedge to 6-iron on these holes, so it's a great iron warm-up prior to playing the other bigger courses at Fox Hills, or just as a nice quick, enjoyable round with some friends. As a private instructor, I'm well aware that the golf course business is dropping a bit in participation and revenue, so I'm a proponent for this new Foot Golf craze. They have Foot Golf pins set up on each hole, if you're kicking a soccer ball rather than hitting a golf ball that day, so it's kind of cool to be out on the course with soccer balls flying around too lol. I'd like to try it someday, and this is the only facility I know of that has it around here. Overall, a great fun little stress-free course you need to try!

A solid course at a great facility. Try at least once.

I've played this course several times, and it's always a solid challenge. It's the perfect combo of what I define as a first-shot and second-shot golf course. It's a first-shot course in the sense that there's so much trouble in play off the tee, that more often than not there's trouble left and/or right of the fairway, so you'd be better suited laying back and getting the ball in play. But it can also play as a second-shot course since there's not much bunkering or intense doglegs to worry about hitting a relatively straight driver into, so if you can hit the driver straight you'll make the course play much shorter and easier to score. From the tips, I've shot everything from 73-82, playing about the same each time. Just goes to show how quickly the course can jump up and bite you with even a slightly loose shot. Overall, a great facility where I'd recommend playing the Strategic Fox 18-hole par 3 course as a warm-up beforehand. Very fun!

this course is nice

The course was in good shape very friendly staff. Enjoyed both the lakes and hills courses. I will be back to play enjoyed the round.

Beautiful course and round

I got lucky with this course because I happened to book my round on a spectacular day. I played alone and was only held up a few times so I could finish eighteen holes in under 3.5 hours. A beautiful course. Well maintained.

Absolutely Fantastic !!!

The grass was Green, The Sun was shining an Absolutley Fantastic round of Golf and the price made it just that much more enjoyable !!!

Fast Play Today

Course was in really good shape. Colors were beautiful and green were clear of all leaves.

Fabulous course, this course has challenging features that keep it interesting

Very disappointed with the staff. We arrived 1/2 hr before our t-time only to find a 20 person outing going off ahead of us. When I asked the staff member in the pro shop, he said 'that's what you get for booking with Golfnow', I was shocked at his response and I told him that had better not be the case. I expect the same courtesy and pace of play as any one else that is playing the course. As it turned out the pace of play was aweful, staff did not come out and encourage them to play faster, we were paced at an hour over expected pace of play. It was a long day, we were unable to keep our momentum and did not enjoy our round of golf at all.

Northville, Michigan