A sunny day view o a hole at Hilltop Golf Course.

Type Public/Municipal
Hilltop Golf Course

Year Built 1927
Golf Season March - November
Architect Jerry Matthews

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Very, very slow

I ended up leaving after the third hole, an hour and fifteen minutes after teeing off. The pace of play was absolutely atrocious. I don't know if it was just a busy day, but seeing the other reviews about this makes me think not.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. We work very hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Average course, terrible pace of play

Just got done with a round here. Had a 4 o’clock tee time to get off just in front of the league rush, only to find we were stuck behind a walking FIVEsome that wouldn’t let us play through, despite us arriving at the tee box while they were still on it on multiple holes. We even called the club house on hole 5, who said they’d try and help us out (they seemed surprised a 5 some was out there), only for nothing to happen the rest of the round (no one from the course even said anything, let alone broke it up). By the time we finished the 9th, the clock had passed the 3 hour mark. Just really a painful round. I understand pace of play is slower at courses like these, but there’s no respectable course that should be allowing a fivesome, let alone at a busy period, especially when that fivesome still would’ve been playing slow with four.

Course itself was average and about what I expected for the price. But not sure I could torture myself to another 3 hour 9.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Goof course, flag stands in holes are problem

This was my second time playing Hilltop, for what the weather has been the past week it was relatively dry. The layout is great and a good challenge for an amateur like myself. The only issue with the course, the flag stands inside the hole almost came up to the top of the hole on every hole. I played a foursome and I’d say 95% of our putts popped out of the hole. It was a problem not to mention the satisfaction of hearing you putt drop in the hole. I don’t remember them being like that last year. Definitely will play again just hope they fix the flag stands.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Hi, Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Please note flagsticks have been altered in an effort to decrease touchpoints around the course. Thank you for playing @HilltopGolf.

It only gets worse

Arrived late to our tee time but felt hopeful about the round ahead. There was absolute chaos on the first tee as there was no starter. The hacks in front of us stole our tee time(which we were late for),. We paid for 18 but only played 9 and we felt that it was a great value for a lesson well learned. The pace of play was great, we wanted to get out faster than a bat out of h e double hockey sticks. It felt like a dogfight the whole round, like we were taking haymakers from prime Mike Tyson.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Hilltop Golf Course.

First Time Playing Course, Last Time Playing Golf

We showed up 2 minutes late to our 6:45, we then had to wait on the 3 hacks in front of us. I don’t know that I’d come back given the option between this course and hard labor in 100 degree heat. I’d rather sit through dinner with my mother in law.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

It's Hilltop

Paid 16 dollars to walk 9 holes. Expensive considering they charge 32 for a full round with cart. They also charged me 15 dollars for a pull cart with no brakes on it, which is ridiculously expensive. Just trying to get as much money as they can. Ever since this place got bought out by the people who own cattails it's been an embarrassing cash grab.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

Good applicayion ever for golf

Very fast response, accurate data, easy to use.. Awesome apps in golf

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @HilltopGolf!

Commented on 03/17/2020

Thank you for visiting us @HilltopGolf. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

No golf today

Hilltop is not one of my favorite courses, but they had a tee time, so I took it. I called early in the morning to make sure that they had carts and that both nines were open. Was told "yes" to both questions.
Upon arriving, noticed that there were many players standing around waiting. When I went to pay, I was told that they were an hour behind (which turned into 1.5 hours while I was waiting. Being a single, I asked to join a group to make a foursome. since there was already a foursome booked for the time I had, without me.vcThe replay was that there were no available groups to join. While waiting for carts, 2 threesomes drove past me to the first tee.
The course only had half of their carts available, so the backup for carts was also a problem.
Finally just got a refund and went home to watch golf on tv. A pretty bad experience and I won't return.

Commented on 03/10/2020

Hello, Sieve. Thank you for leaving us a review. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Please give us a call at (248) 486-8777 or stop by our pro shop for a round on us, and thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Hi. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing @HilltopGolf!

Commented on 05/08/2020

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @HilltopGolf.

Need a leaf blower

The course was very wet from the recent heavy rain so, it was cart path only which slowed up play. Then there are the leaves! I lost 5 balls because I couldn't find them 3 feet off the fairway. They really need to blow off the leaves.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us and rate us 4 stars. Your feedback is valuable, and we are disappointed to hear how the fall leaves affected your round. We have shared your experience with our maintenance team, and we look forward to delivering you even better service next season. @HilltopGolf thanks you!

Ranger

The ranger screamed at myself and my golf partner stating it was cart path only, I had explained I am new to golf and I had seen other golfers off the cart path and he said well that’s going to change since I am here, when I had brought the issue up to the young punk working the counter he stated too bad he was just doing his job. I will never golf there again even if it was free, we didn’t even finish the last two holes, do to the attitude of the ranger!

Commented on 10/31/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again next season.

Commented on 10/14/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Alan. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @HilltopGolf.

Commented on 09/24/2019

Thank you for reviewing us, John Lee. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/17/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing @HilltopGolf!

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Let us know in the comments your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing @HilltopGolf!

Awesome

Awesome staff, tips for each hole on the cart, greens that actually break, nature come into play smoothly and not difficult. Definitely will be back because of staff

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HilltopGolf!

Hilltop

Course is nice they had an outing for a school that we did not know about when booking online, had we known would have tried another day. Really slowed s down

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello. Thank you so much for the 4-star review. We apologize for the delay of play during your round, but we are glad you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @HilltopGolf.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020