2.6

Type Private

Formerly known as Gateway Golf & Country Club.

Year Built 1989
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Tom Fazio (1989) Jan Bel Jan Ron Garl (2013)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Golf Channel Academy"
Practice Hole Yes

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Great golf course with a bright outlook

Golf course and practice facilities were nice, greens on the course were much faster than the practice green. Driving range was free for golf balls however the range was rather boring. Clubhouse and pro shop appear to have been never rennovated since opening, staff friendliness was mixed.

another fine course in S/W Florida

The course is in very good condition. The greens and the fairways are well maintained and the staff is friendlly and helpful.

Fabulous!

Challenging but fair. I enjoyed everything about my time at Gateway!

Excellent Practice Area and Golf Course

Gateway has been successful in its metamorphosis, and the practice area is second to none. (just be alert driving from one end of the range to the other). For a Fazio design, landing areas are generous. A great track.

Renovated

Friendly staff Renovated golf course
Greens new
Rough is snarly

Awesome course! Happy I had the opportunity to play it at a great price

Played on 10/13/13 in the afternoon. The course was in excellent shape. Greens rolled the best that I've played so far in the Ft. Myers area. Second best was Colonial 10 minutes away. Layout was great with a very good mix of moderate to challenging holes. There was no one ahead or behind us so we played at a reasonable pace and was able to get it done in 3 hrs...as a twosome.

Very nice layout.

A well maintained track with a fun and scenic layout. I really enjoyed my round.

Nice course overall

We played this course days after it reopened for major reconditioning. The course was in great shape and challenging enough, while still being enjoyably played .Nice water views on many holes. Many different tee spots so everyone in our group could find an appropriate level from 15 handicap on up to 30 womens . Pretty straightforward course , nicely designed .Hope the course stays in this condition , It was a great value with off season , golf now pricing

Great shape

Nice course and wonderful fairways & greens. Not enough yardage stakes or markers

Gateway Golf Club

the course is great except the fairways have all been killed off because they are going to do major repaires soon. Over all it will be a great course and well worth the money, but not know.

Great fairways and course has many tees for all

Best fairways we have played in Ft Myers

Hope they say on Golfnow - great value for price

This course has great challenges

The course was very good. Staff was freindly and play was a good pace. Very groomed greens and bunkers. This is a great way to get to play great courses when you are out of town and cant be a member. Thanks to golfnow.com

Nice experience

Course was in good shape. Greens were at bent grass speed. Played with two members who were very friendly & helpful. Traps were all raked.

Nice Tom Fazio design.

Gateway is a nice Tom Fazio design with six choices of tees. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, even sending us out earlier than our scheduled tee time. The greens are quite fast. While there is lots of sand, the fairways are generous with lots of landing area so it is fair to higher handicappers as well. The course was in good condition, though not pristine. We had an enjoyable round!

Good Value thru GolfNow

Staff was super friendly. Very challenging course. Front nine, not memorable. Back nine beautiful. Criticism, for the money,carts should have had GPSs.

Do not pay full price.

CHAOS

We booked a tee-time to play at 2:36 PM, February 19 2013 (90$ pp)
When we arrived staff was running around trying to get other players with earlier tee times out on the golf course. CHAOS. When it was our tee time still no carts available. It took another 20 minutes before we had a cart that had been used for a morning round (when returned capable of 18 holes, we will not know as we have not seen the last 3 holes).
We wanted to go to the driving range, which is about ½ a mile walk, so you would prefer a cart. But you can guess…. no carts available. When we finally got there using an old cart that could not go on the golfcourse, all places were taken (there are about 15), so back to the entrance to see if there would be a cart for us. The staff really tried to handle the situation; they never got angry with customers, just tried to find solutions that were not readily available.
So finally off to play our 15 holes, we were teamed up with another couple (full-time members), who left us at hole number 3 because we were then with 12 people on the same par 3 waiting and they were very unhappy….. and no ranger in site.
We were then left as a 2-ball behind we do not know how many parties of 4 players.
In this season daylight ends around 6:15PM, and we were unable to finish our 18 holes.
So we believe it is a nice course, at least we had a long time admiring holes 1-15 (!) which btw will close for half a year or more from April to have some serious work done, but with this chaotic ambiance would not recommend it to other players.
They were simply overbooked; lack of coordination (through internet and direct)??

Very nice Country Club setting

Value for money is high to signing up for super saver, but other than that, value is average. Great course though, very fun to play.

Has a nice layout.

Nice facilities and staff. The course was challenging yet fair. The greens rolled extremely well and it was in great shape. Would play it again tomorrow.

Best Greens in the area!!

This course has to have the best greens in the SW Florida area. They roll true and fast with some interesting putts if you're above the hole. Also a little larger than I'm accustomed to.
The course is very well maintained, the staff is very friendly and pace of play was great.
Another benefit for those of us who don't always hit them as straight as we'd like to, is their wide fairways (some have to be 75 yards wide!). Water comes into play on several holes but you'll have to be pretty crooked to find some of the ponds.

Best Kept secret in the Ft. Myers area!

We were searching for a nice place to play and having played a number of "private courses" in the area we were hoping for a decent experience at Gateway. We were not only pleasantly surprised but will definitely have this course on our "must play" list next time we come to Ft. Myers/Naples. The staff was super friendly and when Golf Now screwed up the reservation and did not send confirmation to either us or the course, they accommodated us and slipped us in the rotation. This Tom Fazio course is a great track for both men and women. I highly recommend this as a place to play.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020