Year Built 1977

Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Bar, Grill

Excellent Day

The course is in FANTASTIC shape. The Greens and Tee Boxes were weed free. It is an absolute gem, perhaps the nicest course in St. Clair County. The staff Members were very friendly. This “new” ownership has brought back this course to its previous beauty of 20 plus years ago, when it was rated in the top 25 courses in Michigan. Do yourself a favor and go play a round there.

Amazing Course

My first time ever playing on this course and I have to say that it was a wonderful experience. The staff is super friendly and the got me out on the course right away. The course itself, awesome!! A fun and challenging mixture of elevations and hazards, there is a lot to enjoy. I can’t wait to go back soon!

Horrendous Customer Service

My husband and I went golfing at Rattle Run. As we went along we shagged some golf balls. Total we probably had 15-20 balls in our cart including the 6-8 ones we put in ourselves. We pulled in after our round and the pro shop attendant (Marty) comes out and tells us the balls belong to the course. He doesn't want to let us get our stuff from the cart...tees, keys, cell phones, along and wants to take the cart. We tell him that we are going to get our stuff. He then tells us "never to come back to his course again". Really he is willing to lose customers over 10 golf balls max? There are nice courses in the area that value their customers....go there.

As far as the course, there were some bare spots in the fairways but were in decent shape. The greens were in decent shape as well.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Rattle Run Golf Club. We sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rattle Run Golf Course.

Plays Twice a year

Rained out after 9 holes

Great deal, but got rained out after 9 holes of play with no way of getting a voucher for the other 9 or possibly even credit on the golf now app.

Don’t bother

I was very disappointed with Rattle Run Golf Course. First of all, they had a deal today that was $25 for golf and a hot dog. I had an expired groupgolfer, cash value of $22. My golf should have been $3. Instead they said they would not honor the $22 cash value and said it could only be used against the $35 regular price so my cost would be $13. If the deal I am going there for is $25 (the other 6 guys were only paying $25), then my cost should be $3. Rattle Run has a contract with groupgolfer to honor the cash value if the original deal expires. They should have honored it. Also the guy running the desk was very rude.
In addition they allowed a fivesome to play in front of the whole course slowing everything down. We finally had to call the clubhouse just to get the to allow smaller groups to go through.
The course was in terrible condition. If you are thinking of playing there in the near future, DON’T. I will never buy another groupgolfer for that course or recommend it to anyone.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hello, Jperini2. Thank you for reviewing the course. We sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We welcome any further feedback as to why you gave 1 star and what we can do to improve. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Rattle Run Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful Course

Great course. Not easy as lots of water, bends and turns.. Feel like you are right back in no man's land. Picture perfect and can not wait for the garantueed fall show of colours..
Also one of the best club sandwiches I have ever had.

New to course

Course was in excellent condition and have tee positions for all different golf levels. Played in 3 1/2 hours on a goreous fall day. Will go back soon.

Great “up north” course

Great course that is challenging and fun to play. It offers a good variety of challenges with blind shots and elevated greens.

Great Layout

Hadn’t played it in over 20 years and just loved the layout. Challenging but fair. Followed an outing so a lot of ball marks on the green and bunkers need work

“The little things “

Had a 11:40 tee off didn’t get out till 12:30(a free bucket of balls for the range would have been nice) for the inconvenience.Water in the ball wash,something to dry said ball, warning of huge speed bump from protruding kalfurts on creeks,over flowing garbage cans,other than that,beautiful public course very good shape I would come back,and very good lunch in clubhouse

Still a test.

Thoroughly enjoyed my round with my dad and my son. Course is in pretty good shape, greens rolled nice although the tee boxes need s lot of work. Felt like we had the course to ourselves. Fun layout to play, will challenge you.

Nice Day. Slow Play.

Course was in great shape. Weather was great. Busiest I have ever seen Rattle Run. Almost 3 hours to play 9.

Great time! Great price!

Storms had just ripped through the area the previous day and the course was in great shape still. I play this course every year in an outing and it’s always a good time. Staff is great course is great!

Plays Twice a year

Loved it!

The only problem I had was slow play and no Marshall to be seen. That's it!

Very nice experience

So much better than average. A bit of a challenge yet open enough to enjoy. The par 5 first hole will humble everyone.

Rattle Run

Course is in great shape and the greens are rolling well! Only tip is be careful on #7 green!

Saint Clair, Michigan