2.2
2.1

Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1929

Clubs No

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Shirts are required.

No maintenance of course... greens were saturated.

We had to put about 3x the swing power on the greens because they were saturated and they charge $68 for a course that is mainly under repair, cart path only, and a muddy mess. Then get a ranger saying we need to pick up the pace. How about hitting the greens with a blower!?! Save your money and spend less on more maintained courses. Played here twice and both times it was terrible.

The pace of play was great

This was my 2nd time playing here. The pace of play (little over 4 hours) was much better than what the most reviews said. I came in 30 min earlier than booked tee time & the staff allowed me to join another 2 players so that I could complete the round earlier. Lots of fun playing with them. . Definitely I will come to play this course again soon.

Weekday gem.

If you’re looking to get some weekday golf in before for a big weekend I would highly recommend this course. Weekday pace of play is excellent., with no long walks to your next T.. I walked while two others drove and never held them up. Easy to keep the ball in play. COLLEGE aged players 11$ Monday to Thursday 2pm close with ID!!!
Downside: some fairways don’t drain well but that’s due to location of course not upkeep.

Nice course for locals

Fun course with a good mix of par-3s and a couple of par-5s. There's even a reachable par-4 on the back nine. Of the three Essex County courses, I would rate this the best for players of average skill. in Many of the par-4s are reachable regulation, setting up multiple birdie opportunities.
I've noticed other reviews who thought the staff was rude, but the woman who checked me in was very pleasant and helpful. Will be returning to this course often this summer.

Regular senior

Course was wet from recent rain but better than expected. Easy to walk and played 18 holes in just under four hours.

Commented On 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with 3 stars. We always strive for a 5 star experience, so all of your feedback is appreciated. Please feel free to contact the club directly if you feel that there are specifics we can improve on. We hope to have you back at the course in the future.

No Tee Time

Showed up at the course and they were over an hour behind and didn’t have my tee time reservation

Slogging through

The course doesn’t drain well and while we walked those in cart path only carts were SLOW. Avoid the various lakes in the fairway and your ok. Bring a snorkel just in case.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We see that your experience wasn't the best. We are always interested in learning more about these situations so we can improve. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the club directly. We hope see you again in the future.

Fun Course

Nice Staff. Course well kept. Always have fun playing here

Trap!! Don’t book

I booked on GolfNow for $37 dollars which is already too much for this course. When I showed up for my 7:10 tee time the golf shop told me it’s $67 and if I wanted to play that’s the rate and I’d have to to it up with GolfNow.

The track is honestly not bad layout. Really furry greens and the fair way isn’t really different than the rough. But a great course to learn golf on, practice hitting the ball straight and catching up with an old friend.

GolfNow should pre-pay for this course if someone books online and take this situation out of the hands of the golf shop.

Staff clueless

Older staff doesn’t know how to work a computer. Showed up 30 min early and didnt get out until 30 min past tee time. I made the tee time though GolfNow which really confused the manager. The staff was rude and wouldn’t honor GolfNow price even though I already booked and paid booking fee. I was told I had to pay their price or I couldn’t play. Ended up just paying their price since I already drove out there. Will not be going back.

Average county course

Hendricks has a decent layout but needs lots of work. Has the potential to be a nice shorter course though some long fours on the card. Wish there were more decent courses in the northeast jersey region but unfortunately they are hard to find. Don’t have high expectations playing here especially in regards to course conditions.

Surprisingly good coarse

Upon checking in we found the staff to be rude and unorganized. The checking process took nearly 20-30 minutes.

After this was completed the coarse was surprisingly in good condition. Would play again with adding extra time to check in before the round

I had a tee time booked on golf now and course would not honor it. Made me pay if I wanted to pay. Very unfriendly starter and inside person.once on the course play was so slow. Never saw the ranger 5.5 hour round. You won't see me back at this course

New York Advisor

It's been a year

Just an update. All is well. Easy walk, can't lose a ball, not too long. What more do you want

Bloomfield, New Jersey