2.2

Type Public/Municipal
Hendricks Field Golf Course

Year Built 1929

Clubs No

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Shirts are required.

Amazing day for Jan golf in NJ

Booked on GolfNow for 30 bucks on a Saturday, incl cart. Weather was amazingly nice, mid 60s, even some sun. Check-in was a bit chaotic, but nothing too annoying. I ended up walking, just because the weather was so nice. The course was in really good shape for January in the northeast, despite all the rain in recent weeks. Good job, greenkeeper. Would absolutely play again.

Commented on 01/16/2020

Wow! Thank you for the 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 11/12/2019

Commented on 11/05/2019

Commented on 10/28/2019

Excellent value for county residents with card

Fun course, not too challenging while not too easy. Of the three Essex County clubs, this is the best, in my opinion. Very well-maintained for a public course.

The staff inside the clubhouse are very friendly and nice, but my only complaint is one of the starters (in the morning), who I would describe as grumpy, at best. He gave sarcastic answers to my "good morning" and basic questions and acted like he was doing me a favor. I was pair with a female player, whom I didn't know, and before we teed off he warned her that if she held up the group behind us he would tell them to play through. Thing is, she ended up being a very competent golfer, perhaps even better than the guys behind us.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 10/28/2019

No maintenance of course... greens were saturated.

We had to put about 3x the swing power on the greens because they were saturated and they charge $68 for a course that is mainly under repair, cart path only, and a muddy mess. Then get a ranger saying we need to pick up the pace. How about hitting the greens with a blower!?! Save your money and spend less on more maintained courses. Played here twice and both times it was terrible.

Commented on 10/28/2019

The pace of play was great

This was my 2nd time playing here. The pace of play (little over 4 hours) was much better than what the most reviews said. I came in 30 min earlier than booked tee time & the staff allowed me to join another 2 players so that I could complete the round earlier. Lots of fun playing with them. . Definitely I will come to play this course again soon.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Weekday gem.

If you’re looking to get some weekday golf in before for a big weekend I would highly recommend this course. Weekday pace of play is excellent., with no long walks to your next T.. I walked while two others drove and never held them up. Easy to keep the ball in play. COLLEGE aged players 11$ Monday to Thursday 2pm close with ID!!!
Downside: some fairways don’t drain well but that’s due to location of course not upkeep.

Nice course for locals

Fun course with a good mix of par-3s and a couple of par-5s. There's even a reachable par-4 on the back nine. Of the three Essex County courses, I would rate this the best for players of average skill. in Many of the par-4s are reachable regulation, setting up multiple birdie opportunities.
I've noticed other reviews who thought the staff was rude, but the woman who checked me in was very pleasant and helpful. Will be returning to this course often this summer.

Regular senior

Course was wet from recent rain but better than expected. Easy to walk and played 18 holes in just under four hours.

Commented on 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with 3 stars. We always strive for a 5 star experience, so all of your feedback is appreciated. Please feel free to contact the club directly if you feel that there are specifics we can improve on. We hope to have you back at the course in the future.

Bloomfield, New Jersey
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
3.7619166667

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.