2.3
1.3
1.7
3 reviews

Ron Jaworski's Valleybrook Golf Club is one of South Jersey's most popular public courses. It's a local favorite not only because of the affordable rates but also for the challenging design. The diverse terrain provides the classic layout with a mix of flat and hilly holes. On some holes you can expect elevation changes from tee to green. It's a golf course that will keep you on your toes. It will test your accuracy with its narrow, tree-lined fairways and the elevation changes throughout the course make proper club selection essential. Water hazards also appear on nine occasions. The course has appeal for players of all skill levels. It's player-friendly enough for beginners while advanced players will enjoy the many risk-reward opportunities. There is also a driving range available at Valleybrook Golf Club.

Year Built 1942
Architect Dave Beakley

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Dick Smith Golf Academy"

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Too many blind shots

I played here last year but forgot that I did so. I went back this weekend and remembered all the reasons why I do not like this course.

Holes 6-10 are my least favorite holes of any golf course I have ever played. They all run parallel to each other. 6 is uphill, 7 back down hill, 8 is uphill, 9 is downhill, and 10 is back uphill again. On each of these holes, you cannot see where your tee shot lands, and even worse, you cannot see where the group in front of you is when you shoot.

I have never been more stressed than I was when playing this stretch of holes. It is actually dangerous. The group behind us hit several of their drives a few feet from us as they thought we had cleared since they couldn't see, but we were just out of sight and blocked by the hill. I was worried about hitting in to the group ahead of us on my drives as well. Since they all run parallel, you have to be on alert for any sliced drives from other holes coming your way as well.

The 9th is a long par 5 but there is a pond at the bottom of the hill that they do not mention. Both me and my buddy put it into the pond unaware there was one there or how far away it was.

This stretch of holes is also constantly backed up because people are shooting too quickly behind you and also because no one can see where they are shooting. They NEED to come up with some sort of system alerting golfers on this stretch of holes when they can tee off without fear of hitting the group in front of them - maybe a bell system?

Holes 11-18 are fine, but I will not play here again because of that 6-10 stretch.

Too many blind shots

I played this course last year and forgot about it, but I went back this past weekend and remembered that it is definitely not my favorite.

Holes 6-10 are my least favorite stretch of holes of any golf course I have ever played. They all run parallel to each other. Hole 6 goes up hill, 7 back down hill, 8 back up hill, 9 down hill again, and then 10 back up hill. The hills block the view of where the group in front of you is, and it is extremely dangerous, as we were constantly having balls from the group behind us land within a few feet of us because they couldn't see that we were there. Because seemingly every shot is blind, it constantly backs up around this stretch. Hole 9 is a long par 5, but you can't use a driver, because there is a pond at the bottom of the hill that they don't tell you about and you have no idea how far it is from you.

That 5 hole stretch is some of the most stressful golf. You can't see where you are aiming due to the hills, you are constantly worried you are going to get hit by an errant shot or a tee shot from the group behind you, and you are nervous about hitting others with your tee shot. They need to develop some sort of system on these holes to let the group on the tee know when it is okay to shoot

Once you get to 11 the back 9 opens up and it is not bad, but I will never go back here just due to these 5 holes.

Awful

Some kid that just got hires thought he owed the whole place it was awful. The “pro” thier doesn’t know anything I got in then pro shot brought a beer he started to talk stuff. I don’t have iI said something back and everyone lost itThat is place is sad and congratulations on being pro you will get no where In life. That place sucks done go. Sad sad sad

Course in need of lots of TLC!

Course at one time may have been a great place to play but the years and maintenance haven't been kind to this venue. Greens were the best part of the course while the fairways were not mowed and tee boxes neglected. Overall a poor experience! Will not play there again!

I'm a newer golfer, but play frequently. I have been to a few courses in the area, and this has been my favorite. Everyone who works there has been very friendly and easy to talk to. The course conditions have always been good or better. The layout has plenty of different scenarios off the tee. Greens are the most fun and challenging I've played. For the price of a round, I will definitely frequent here as my game improves.

Aerified Greens

Heads Up: greens aerified week of 8/20
Good idea to check all Jaworski courses for aerify dates instead of showing up to the unpleasant surprise

Solid 3

At Valleybrook do not expect wonderful T boxes, greens and fairways. Most fairways are solid, healthy grass with replaced or manicured divots. The greens are hit or miss. Sometimes sandy and fast, other times slow. Hence this unpredictability makes the course difficult. T-boxes could certainly use some work, but I expect there is frequent plat here so I could understand the devastation on the t-boxes. However, the likes on Riverwinds, The Links, and Ramblewood do not experience equal neglegence. Some t-boxes you may find drier than dry, while others are a cesspool. Overall, I think this course will come around to be at the top in time.

The cours is up and down. If you love this style, then Valleybrook is for you. Staff is friendly. helpful, and respect. Generally a bunch of older men that get it, period. The clubhouse is great, well appointed, and accommodating. Overall, Valleybrook has it all, minus some maintenance of the course. Minor adjustments could put it right up with Riverwinds, followed by Ramblewood.

Not very good shape

The greens on the course were in bad condition. A handful of greens had moldy burnt out patches. The tee boxes were horrible. Uneven stances in the tee boxes all day.

Round got delayed by 40+ minutes

The course either overbooked or had extremely poor management in terms of getting everyone out on the course at their correct tee times. I had a tee time at 9:20am and didn’t get out onto the course until 10:10am due to an unexplained “delay”. Other than this the course was in pretty solid shape.

Fun day

Enjoyed a good round at Valleybrook. Thunderstormed after finishing up the front 9 and the staff allowed us to grab some lunch at the bar inside before starting the back 9. Not much of a crowd, partially due to the weather I'm sure. Would love to go back as long as the hot deals keep rolling!

Being a Jaworski course I was skeptical, but Valleybrook was much nicer than I expected. It's not very long but they make up for it with some tight fairways and interesting layout. Typical of his courses the areas outside the fairways can be sketchy, but fairways and greens were in great shape. Tee boxes were just ok and the grass on them was a little long. For what we paid, it was a great value and good day on the course.

Burned at the turn.

Loved the course and its condition. Two of us had a 0630 tee time to get done early. Got to the 10th tee box and two foursomes where put in front of us in a scramble covering the entire back nine. Complained about it and was told we got through the front too fast and would still still get done in 4 hours. Not.

Nice but short

Good value for Money but really short. Back to back par 4’s that you can hit 7iron / wedge and par 5’s all under 500 yards.

Anonymous

Beautiful..just beautiful

Very well kept, not too challenging on the front 9 but the back 9 starts to test your skill. Will definitely be going back!

nice play

Greens a little slower than three weeks ago. Mower up to protect during a heat wave?

Pine Hill, New Jersey