2.6
2.6
2.3
2.2
2.4

Opened in 1929, Old Orchard Country Club has a classic design with challenges that stand up to modern golf courses. Throughout the course, you'll see traces of the site's former use as a farm. Ancient apple trees from the original orchard frame many of the holes. The diverse layout will test you with a variety of different shots but the gently rolling terrain makes for an easy walk. Skill and strategy will be generously rewarded but it's not an overly punishing layout for the high handicapper. Old Orchard's greens play true and fast and they are often flanked with strategically positioned bunkers. A stream wanders through the golf course, coming into play on several holes. Golfers will face a tricky island green on the par-5 seventh hole as well as an almost-island green on the par-4 13th.

Old Orchard Country Club

Year Built 1929
Greens Rye Grass
Architect A. W. Tillinghast (1929)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Diamond in the rough

I had a great round. Loved the course layout. The staff were the friendliest you'll find anywhere. Conditions were good although a bit cool until the sun was a bit higher in the sky. Course is in really good shape right now. Top to bottom. Fairways good. Tee boxes good. Greens good. A bit slower greens than the most pristine courses but you'll appreciate that on the few steep ones. The island green is special and my favorite hold in NJ by far. It's a special challenge par 5 which you cannot get elsewhere.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi, Dave! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Old Orchard Country Club!

Great deal

Let me start by saying we got a hot deal at 15 bucks. The course is pretty much wide open. THe greens rolled nice, not fast and not slow . Just right. Some of the holes leave you scratching your head on the design, but the second time playing you will know the quarks.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Old Orchard Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Fun course, great potential!

As someone who played this course a few times a month throughout the season due to its proximity, I have to say it has really improved a lot since the summer. The last few rounds were great! The grass was cut perfectly, tee boxes were fresh, and the greens were smooth. Over the summer the course was admittedly playing very rough. The grass was long, many burnt out greens, and the sand traps were mostly dirt or hard clay, and I would lose balls in the fairway unless I was standing over them. There are still a couple bunkers that need attention, but the rest of them have been worked on and have fresh sand. The course looked good!

There is some upkeep that could to be done to polish up grounds. The bridges and bulkheads are older and worn down, some of the ball cleaners are falling apart, and there is a spot or two with exposed equipment, but apart from that this course is really fun to play and I will continue to play it. The island hole (7th) is still one of my favorites to play, and the stream running through the course offers a challenging hazard that cannot be ignored when choosing your club.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hi! Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Old Orchard Country Club!

Beautiful course

Colts Neck GC is a very fair course. Well maintained greens and sand traps and just enough water to keep you honest.
Staff was great.
Looking forward to my next round there.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Old Orchard Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

most enjoyable

Just finished playing today had a great time amazing difference a few weeks make, all Bunkers were raked and rough cut down this was not the case a few weeks ago I asked about that and was told they hired more staff and bought new Equipment great news for us that love this track I hope we get a run of good weather so i can have a few more games there before season ends Highly recommend you give this course another shot like i did

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hello! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Old Orchard Country Club!

Commented on 10/01/2019

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello, Brad! We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Old Orchard Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Golf course review

No goood. Should have cost me 10 dollars to play. Not 50

You need a new greens keeper. It was like playing in a sandlot. Anyways. Will not return.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Horrible

I can’t believe they have the Audacity to charge 50 dollars to play a round of golf. Horrible conditions. Wouldn’t play here if you have me free tee times.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Old Orchard Country Club.

Should not be on golf now site!!

When I lived in the area 20 years ago I played there several times.It was never a country club it was always a decent track.Well up here visiting my family I decide to make a tuneup time for 12 09.As I got to the parking lot I noticed there were only four or five cars.the weather was a 10!!! I walked into .the small little clubhouse and it smelled very musty.Something didn’t seem right to me,Based upon my remembrance of years ago. By myself I walked up to the first tee box????? Clumps of crab grass!! Then I looked at the fairway???? It was actually worse than the Teebox!! I said to myself or maybe it’s just this whole.So I picked up my drive drove three holes and said to myself oh my God.What the heck happened to old Orchard!!! I’ve been playing golf for 60 years and I’ve never seen the condition of a so-called golf course in such an absolute mess. So I turn the car around went back to the clubhouse through my clubs in the car and went home. No wonder bony a few cars in the parking lot!! Lol. How times have changed old orchard. It’s a shame

Commented on 09/26/2019

Hi, Vincent. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are sorry the conditions were so poor you didn't continue your round. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you give us another try soon.

Good value fast play

Course needs to be cut and crabgrass is going rapidly but still a good price and a fast play.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hello, Matt. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Old Orchard Country Club! We hope to see you again soon for another round.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for visiting Old Orchard Country Club!

What happened ?

You would think the course was abandoned or everyone quit

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop if you wish to provide more feedback. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

don't waste your money

Old orchard could be a nice course if they kept up with maintenance. You can't tell the difference between the fairways and roughs. There is little to no actual grass. Every hole is just crabgrass. Some of the holes are fun and the layout isn't bad, but they need to either renovate the course or shut it down.

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Course improving

The course conditions have improved since the beginning of summer.Greens are in better shape and fairways improved..Just need to work on tee boxes and rough.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, Matt! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Old Orchard Country Club!

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Old Orchard Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Waste of money

This course was way overpriced for how poorly maintained it was. Worst fairways I've ever seen. Do not play here!

Commented on 08/27/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Absolute waste of money. $70 you literally couldn’t find your ball in the fairways. Crab grass and the fairways I’d gas hadn’t been cut at all that week. Back 9 was a little better as fairways had been cut within the past few days but still not great!very disappointed. My buddies and I grew up around the area and played years ago . Sad to see what it’s become. Did manage to get sum tasty bloody Mary’s at the turn. But this course is a joke. We had a bad feeling pulling in on a Saturday and the lot was mostly empty. Couldn’t believe after getting out we played $70 each. Wouldn’t play there again even if it were free! Been talking of selling and developing land, probably should go ahead and do that if that’s the condition you plan on letting course be in.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hi, Bill. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Eatontown, New Jersey