2.6
2.2
2.2
2.4
2.4

Opened in 1929, Old Orchard Country Club has a classic design with challenges that stand up to modern golf courses. Throughout the course, you'll see traces of the site's former use as a farm. Ancient apple trees from the original orchard frame many of the holes. The diverse layout will test you with a variety of different shots but the gently rolling terrain makes for an easy walk. Skill and strategy will be generously rewarded but it's not an overly punishing layout for the high handicapper. Old Orchard's greens play true and fast and they are often flanked with strategically positioned bunkers. A stream wanders through the golf course, coming into play on several holes. Golfers will face a tricky island green on the par-5 seventh hole as well as an almost-island green on the par-4 13th.

Old Orchard Country Club

Year Built 1929
Greens Rye Grass
Architect A. W. Tillinghast (1929)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

What I expected

January golf on the east coast. It was wet. A lot of rain In The area recently left some major muddy spots, but to be expected. Greens were pretty decent there were two cups in each green which was bizarre. A few course layout head scratchers but all in all it was a good value and a fun day.

Commented on 01/08/2019

Thanks DannyWray32 as we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon here at Old Orchard Country Club.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Old Orchard Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

most enjoyable

Just finished playing today had a great time amazing difference a few weeks make, all Bunkers were raked and rough cut down this was not the case a few weeks ago I asked about that and was told they hired more staff and bought new Equipment great news for us that love this track I hope we get a run of good weather so i can have a few more games there before season ends Highly recommend you give this course another shot like i did

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hello! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Old Orchard Country Club!

Commented on 10/01/2019

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello, Brad! We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Old Orchard Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Golf course review

No goood. Should have cost me 10 dollars to play. Not 50

You need a new greens keeper. It was like playing in a sandlot. Anyways. Will not return.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Horrible

I can’t believe they have the Audacity to charge 50 dollars to play a round of golf. Horrible conditions. Wouldn’t play here if you have me free tee times.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Old Orchard Country Club.

Should not be on golf now site!!

When I lived in the area 20 years ago I played there several times.It was never a country club it was always a decent track.Well up here visiting my family I decide to make a tuneup time for 12 09.As I got to the parking lot I noticed there were only four or five cars.the weather was a 10!!! I walked into .the small little clubhouse and it smelled very musty.Something didn’t seem right to me,Based upon my remembrance of years ago. By myself I walked up to the first tee box????? Clumps of crab grass!! Then I looked at the fairway???? It was actually worse than the Teebox!! I said to myself or maybe it’s just this whole.So I picked up my drive drove three holes and said to myself oh my God.What the heck happened to old Orchard!!! I’ve been playing golf for 60 years and I’ve never seen the condition of a so-called golf course in such an absolute mess. So I turn the car around went back to the clubhouse through my clubs in the car and went home. No wonder bony a few cars in the parking lot!! Lol. How times have changed old orchard. It’s a shame

Commented on 09/26/2019

Hi, Vincent. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are sorry the conditions were so poor you didn't continue your round. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you give us another try soon.

Good value fast play

Course needs to be cut and crabgrass is going rapidly but still a good price and a fast play.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hello, Matt. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Old Orchard Country Club! We hope to see you again soon for another round.

Commented on 09/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for visiting Old Orchard Country Club!

What happened ?

You would think the course was abandoned or everyone quit

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop if you wish to provide more feedback. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

don't waste your money

Old orchard could be a nice course if they kept up with maintenance. You can't tell the difference between the fairways and roughs. There is little to no actual grass. Every hole is just crabgrass. Some of the holes are fun and the layout isn't bad, but they need to either renovate the course or shut it down.

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Course improving

The course conditions have improved since the beginning of summer.Greens are in better shape and fairways improved..Just need to work on tee boxes and rough.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, Matt! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Old Orchard Country Club!

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Old Orchard Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Waste of money

This course was way overpriced for how poorly maintained it was. Worst fairways I've ever seen. Do not play here!

Commented on 08/27/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Absolute waste of money. $70 you literally couldn’t find your ball in the fairways. Crab grass and the fairways I’d gas hadn’t been cut at all that week. Back 9 was a little better as fairways had been cut within the past few days but still not great!very disappointed. My buddies and I grew up around the area and played years ago . Sad to see what it’s become. Did manage to get sum tasty bloody Mary’s at the turn. But this course is a joke. We had a bad feeling pulling in on a Saturday and the lot was mostly empty. Couldn’t believe after getting out we played $70 each. Wouldn’t play there again even if it were free! Been talking of selling and developing land, probably should go ahead and do that if that’s the condition you plan on letting course be in.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hi, Bill. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Existential golf crisis

I’ve played here a lot and the course is always awful but you can make last minute tee times and it used to be reasonably priced (like 50?) but I paid $65 today which is insane for how much of a dump it is but really I’m writing this review because I’m disappointed in myself for paying it so this is more of a one star rating for myself for bad judgment. Also it was golf and ended up being fun anyway so whatever.

Commented on 08/27/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Old Orchard Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Not up to Par!

First 9 holes were in desperate need of mowing. Tee box and fairways not well maintained. Actually ,balls were lost on the fairway because grass was so overgrown. Water station had no water. Drink machine was empty. Complained to manager and his response was”how should we know if water is empty” . Refilled our water bottles from the main house/ bar water fountain and water was not clear and tasted funny. Manager said don’t worry I promise you can drink it and not get sick. All food and drink facilities were closed.
Manager said course was perfect a couple of days ago and couldn’t understand why we complained. I said it wasn’t fair that we had to buy water because they couldn’t supply drinkable water. He said well we sell water . He very reluctantly said take a water. He was very condensending. Saw 3 women and just assumed we were not good golfers! Not a good day and definitely not worth the money! Any upscale place, should have offered us a partial return visit.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club.

Stay on the fairway

This course is made to be played on the fairways, if you shoot on the sides into the rough you’re going to lose the ball. Greens in good shape off the green is tuff high grass makes you play No forgiveness must step up and play if you actually keep real score. Good Luck.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hello, Richard. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Old Orchard Country Club!

Commented on 08/20/2019

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Old Orchard Country Club.

Eatontown, New Jersey
Neptune, New Jersey
Neptune, New Jersey
Colts Neck, New Jersey

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.