The standard 18-hole Green Tree Golf Course keeps in mind both skilled and inexperienced golfers. This public course has tight fairways lined with trees and greens of Rye Grass. The longest tees have a yardage of 5709, playing to a par of 70.

The golf course has three sets of teeboxes to provide an interesting game. There is also a driving range and practice green for beginners or those that would like some practice. The course is accessible from many major roads such as Routes 30 and 40 as well as the Atlantic City Expressway. The first shot is a difficult par-4 dogleg right that has water, bunkers, and heavy forest to look out for.

John F. Gaffney Green Tree Golf Course

Year Built 1977

Course was in horrible shape. Dried out. Patchy. Crab grass. County course but should have been in better shape. Shot here for old times sake. Started on this track years ago. But wont be back and dont suggest it unless it isnt a cent over $15.

Commented On 09/05/2019

Hi u943211130, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. However, we're very sorry to hear you recent experience with us did not meet expectations, but we are going to pass on all of your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make necessary changes. Thanks for visiting Green Tree Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the near future for a much-improved golf experience.

Great value

Nice course for the money. Traveled from North Wildwood to play and had a great time. Highly recommended. Pace of play was good. Finished 18 in 3.5 hours. Definitely give it a shot.

Commented On 08/23/2019

Hi u115591163, thank you for your 4-star rating and kind recommendation! Please book another round with us soon at Green Tree Golf Course, and check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Bargain golf

Course does need work but the greens are in decent shape and are rolling true. Tee box and fairways not so much but for $24 at 6:38am, it’s a bargain worth playing.

Commented On 08/14/2019

Hi Limshady88, thank you for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is truly important to us. We will make note of your comments for improvements and hope to see you back soon!

Great geeens !

This is a little gem of a course. It’s a short course but very difficult to drive many of the shorter par 4s. Definitely a shot makers course with fantastic greens ! The rest of the course is just so-so, but I will take great greens any day. Nice little challenge for the great price they charge

Commented On 07/24/2019

Hi Chris7329157. We truly appreciate you sharing this feedback and rating us! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Green Tree Golf Course soon!

VT

Calling this course a cow pasture would be an insult to cow pastures. The fairways and tee boxes are a combination of bare dirt, nut grass and crab grass. The greens are pockmarked and the traps have vegetation. While the staff is friendly, they are intrusive while one is playing. The course layout is quite short. Avoid this course.

Commented On 07/26/2019

morewall3, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. However, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met expectations. This is not the experience we strive to achieve and can assure you we take single star feedback very serious at our course. Your comments have been shared appropriately as we work on improvements, but we encourage reaching out to our staff directly if you would like to discuss these concerns further. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved golf experience in the near future.

You Can’t Go Wrong Playing Here!

I’ve played courses across the country as well as in other Countries and I still enjoy playing Greentree. The people are great. The PGA Professional, John Hammer, and his staff are awesome and always friendly. I really like the fact that they encourage younger kids to play the game of golf. My son is 11 years old and just starting to get involved in golf. He enjoys talking to Mr. Hammer when we go golfing and Mr. Hammer takes the time out of his busy day to talk to, and encourage, my son to play the game. He’s awesome. The Course, the employees are always working on and improving the course which is great. The course itself is challenging for any golfer, whether they’re a beginner like my son or for someone who has been playing golf for years, like myself. We look forward to playing this course each time we go and it’s also always enjoyable to see the many deer around holes 16 and 17 later in the day (see video). The price is extremely reasonable and you can’t go wrong with this course....and don’t forget to get a sub at the Sugar Hill Sub Shop on your way home. It’s right up the street on the way home!

Commented On 07/26/2019

ehtpd120, thank you for your kind words on our course & staff and dedication to playing our course! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Green Tree Golf Course and be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Commented On 07/16/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Green Tree Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! We hope you join us for another round soon. #GreenTreeGC

Not there yey but great improvement

I have played this course a few years ago and stopped playing because the conditions were bad and at the time they charged more for an out of county resident.
Check in went smooth and the pro shop attendant was friendly. I was teamed up with another golfer and we breezed through the course. The greens were perfect. There was some clover and crabgrass in both the fairways and rough. The sand traps were OK. I will be back as it was a good test for the money.

Commented On 07/18/2019

Hi bobhartman, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback and making a return visit. We truly value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note of your comments for further improvements and we hope to see you back at Green Tree Golf Course again soon.

Back again

This course has been getting better and better all year! Greens were lightning fast, fairways and tee boxes were nice as well. Staff was awesome. I am loving this course more and more ever time I play it.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Icman624, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Green Tree Golf Course and check out your review shared on our Facebook page! #GreenTreeGC

Commented On 07/05/2019

Thanks for the 4-stars and choosing to play at Green Tree Golf Course! Come back soon. #GreenTreeGC

Commented On 07/09/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Green Tree Golf Course! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon. #GreenTreeGC

Nice Course

Short course that let's you use all your wedges and clubs down to 6 iron. Lots of dog legs and water. I love the course because it isn't all about pulling back and smashing a driver on every hole. You will use all your clubs. Greens are slower than most but some elevation changes and smaller sized greens make it still a challenge. Several reachable par 4's tempt you, but narrow openings and many trees prove smart play reaps better dividends. All in all a nice little gem with good value for the money.

Commented On 07/15/2019

Hi u000006902170, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We truly value your feedback and thank you for playing Green Tree Golf Course. Come back soon! #GreenTreeGC

You get what you pay for

Although the price was great, the course was not.

Not in very good condictioned.course is flat, no elevations. The third hole is 662=yards long and listed as
A par six from the white tees, 676 from the blues. Never seen this before. There is plenty of room to
shorten the hole to a normal distance par five like most courses. Most average golfers will have a hard time
With this hole unless they are long hitters. From what I observed most of their customers are not.

Pace was slow because they allowed a slow five some to play in front of a family of 10 who had three holes blocked
And wouldn’t’ allow any groups to play thru. No ranger was observed throughout the day.

Decent course!! One of the nicer municipal courses I have played. Greens and fairways in decent condition, sand traps rough gravel not true sand. Not a bad course for the price.

Commented On 05/31/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review and sharing your feedback with us! We're glad to hear we could provide you with a valuable golf experience here at Green Tree Golf Course, and we hope to welcome you back again soon. #GreenTreeGC

Not a friendly day

I play this course almost every weekend all year long weather permitting. Yesterday will be my last time. I arrived about 39 min. Before my tee time and was given a cart and told I could start , the pace was great and I was 1 under through 7, when I got to the 8th , I was told to take my cart back to the clubhouse and switch my gear to a threesome playing in front of me. I said that I would prefer not to do that at that point, I wasn't given a choice, they were very rude about it, so I took the cart back and left the course, paid for 18 with a cart played 7 and went to another cource in the area and got 18 in. Thank you for all the nice rounds at greentree . Jason thank you for always being polite, and veteran and senior friendly. I will be looking for another course for my weekly round .

I played this course many, many times in the '80's and '90's. Most recently I played it 2 years ago and it was in magnificent condition. Friday however was a different story. The course needs a lot of attention from the fairways and greens right down to the cart paths.

Commented On 05/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met our usual expectations. We truly appreciate your patience & understanding as our staff works towards improvements, and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved golf experience soon. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our staff directly.

McCollough's

Excellent as always. very challenging. greens in perfect condition.

Commented On 05/14/2019

Thanks for the great feedback on our course and 5-star review! We look forward to having you back at Green Tree Golf Course again soon and appreciate your support. #GreenTreeGC

Fun, course

High winds made for a fun, day on the course . love playing in less than perfect weather conditions. Course is greening up. I'll be back .

Commented On 05/01/2019

Thanks for the 4-stars and playing at Green Tree Golf Course! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us, and we can't wait to see you again soon. #GreenTreeGC

Commented On 04/08/2019

Thanks for the 4-stars and choosing Green Tree Golf Course! Join us again soon. #GreenTreeGC

the weather has to improve before the course becomes a little better. greens had been aerated, and were a little bare in spots. given the time of year, the course was understandably rough.

Commented On 04/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as your understanding given the weather conditions this time of year. Your comments on our course conditions are appreciated by our staff as we prepare for the season ahead, and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Green Tree Golf Course for a much-improved round soon. #GreenTreeGC

Somers Point, New Jersey