The standard 18-hole Green Tree Golf Course keeps in mind both skilled and inexperienced golfers. This public course has tight fairways lined with trees and greens of Rye Grass. The longest tees have a yardage of 5709, playing to a par of 70.

The golf course has three sets of teeboxes to provide an interesting game. There is also a driving range and practice green for beginners or those that would like some practice. The course is accessible from many major roads such as Routes 30 and 40 as well as the Atlantic City Expressway. The first shot is a difficult par-4 dogleg right that has water, bunkers, and heavy forest to look out for.

John F. Gaffney Green Tree Golf Course

Year Built 1977

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Available Sports

FootGolf

Storm affecting course conditions

It was a decent course unfortunately there was a pretty bad storm the day prior and it was cart path only but the cart path was was pretty washed out.. But the fairways had very long Grass which made it difficult to find your ball especially with it being cart path only. There are some challenging holes. I’d go back once the conditions of the course improved. The staff was very friendly. I’d recommend.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Green Tree Golf Course!

Commented on 08/04/2020

Hello. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Green Tree Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us @GreenTreeGCNJ. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Slow

I enjoy coming to Greentree. I feel it is unique in that it has a par 6 hole, it is wooded but not too narrow and the par 3 holes are short & great for wedges. With that said, it is a slow course. There was no ranger and people were just teeing off one after another. 5 hours is way too long to get through a course. Tee boxes were in rough shape too. I realize that it is a county course so there can’t be as big of a budget as a private course, but it could be mowed more often than it has been. All in all, I would continue to put it in the rotation.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Green Tree Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Ok for hackers

For the price ($42) it really is not a bad deal and is a good spot for beginners. Just don’t expect lush manicured fairways or nice tee boxes. The greens were not half bad. It’s an interesting layout, as I’ve never seen a Par 6... It is what it is, a decent cheap full 18 hole course.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hello, and thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Green Tree Golf Course!

Bad shape

On a positive note, the greens were nice. Nothing else was. Fairways were mostly weeds and tees were spotty. The course is too short but tight. If you are not straight, you are in trouble. No ranger on the course keeping the pace steady was a problem with the slow group in front of us.

Commented on 07/29/2020

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. With so many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain social distancing while accommodating everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing Green Tree Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Ok course

First time playing this course. Only played the front nine so can’t speak for the back nine, but overall not a great track. Not much reward for putting the ball in the fairway as the fairways were not in good shape. The rough around the green made it hard to chip and it was very patchy and overall not very good. The best pro of this course might have been the greens as they were in good shape and had good speed despite rain from the previous night. Lots of marsh/pond guarding the greens, I think 4 of the 9 holes were that way. Two very short par 4s and a 100 yard par 3.

It was only $19 to walk (28 to ride) and one of the few courses in the area to allow you to play only 9 instead of 18, as well as walk (and pay less) as opposed to riding.

If you’re looking for a short track to get in a quick 9 or 18 down the shore for cheap then this is your place (pace of play was good). If you’re looking for a notch better then you might want to check out one of the courses up on Ocean Heights, but you’re also going to pay a lot more.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge, and thanks for visiting Green Tree Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Good value and decent course requires precision

I was on vacation and decided to take advantage of a good bargain and give this course a try. It wouldn't say it's a top notch course, but it was a good bargain. The course required patience and precision. If you want to be aggressive and drive it on the green on a couple of holes, there's a good chance you end up in the drink. I've never hit so many branches in my life, but that's what happens when you stray from the fairways. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and will give this course another try in the future.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Sorry for the confusion. The reason I gave 3 stars because as we were finishing up our last couple of holes a tournament of seniors was placed ahead of us. If I had arrived for a 10am tee time, it would've been a long day!

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Green Tree Golf Course. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Great Time

I really enjoyed playing this course. Loved the par 6 (birdied), surprise of water on hole # 10, the sharp dog leg on hole # 14. one birdie and 7 pars no bad for first timer. definitely consider coming back for more punishment.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Thank you for your review, Marcos. We're glad you enjoyed the challenge. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @GreenTreeGCNJ. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Course in good shape, Hope it last thru the summer months.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @GreenTreeGCNJ.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Thank you for visiting us @GreenTreeGCNJ. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, Bob. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Another fun round

Play this course once a week. Love the lay out. Fun and challenging for the non pro's like my group. First day for outdoor dinning on the deck. Good food, cold beer !!!

Commented on 06/19/2020

Hello. It's great to hear you and your group enjoyed a great day on our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @GreenTreeGCNJ.

Playability

the course is short in distance that being said it is a target course on several holes.
No driver in half of the holes.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @GreenTreeGCNJ. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Hello, Paul. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Green Tree Golf Course another try in the near future.

Course needs work

This is usually my go to course as a resident and can’t beat the price. Was disappointed today in the course conditions . Rough was an understatement and the fairways were narrow .The fringe around the greens was brutal. Greens played fast and were in good shape . Tee boxes were fair . No problem though , I’ll be back

Commented on 06/11/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Green Tree Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Love Playing Here.

We play weekly here. Course is in great shape. Love the lay out. Course is managing the COVID-19 restrictions very good.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hello. We are happy to hear you enjoy great times on our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @GreenTreeGCNJ.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Fun course - deserves a higher difficulty rating.

Course was in good shape BUT they need to mow/cut the forward tee boxes most of which had higher grass than the rough!!!

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Green Tree Golf Course.

Some spots of the course were a bit dry, but we haven’t had a good rain in awhile. Some of the ladies tee boxes had not been cut as well. That being said, it was a beautiful day and the pace of play was wonderful. I will definitely be playing here again. Great course for the price!!

Commented on 06/04/2020

Hello, Mary. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Green Tree Golf Course!

No Rush, Excellent Greens

3.5 hour round for three of us. Greens were in great shape, had a challenging but fair pace to them. Had two holes of separation between my group and the group behind us.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Great Pace of Play

My wife and I played as a twosome following a group of three immediately ahead of us. Other than on the par 3’s, we rarely had to wait to hit our next shots. The course followed Covid-19 protocols with 16 minutes between tee times and the result was a perfect pace.
The overall course conditions were about average but the greens rolled true. The staff was efficient and friendly and we had a fun round at a reasonable cost.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hello, James. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Green Tree Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Private/Resort