Green Tree Golf Course

2.3
2.6

The standard 18-hole Green Tree Golf Course keeps in mind both skilled and inexperienced golfers. This public course has tight fairways lined with trees and greens of Rye Grass. The longest tees have a yardage of 5709, playing to a par of 70. The golf course has three sets of teeboxes to provide an interesting game. There is also a driving range and practice green for beginners or those that would like some practice. The course is accessible from many major roads such as Routes 30 and 40 as well as the Atlantic City Expressway. The first shot is a difficult par-4 dogleg right that has water, bunkers, and heavy forest to look out for.
Green Tree Golf Course - NJ
Scorecard for Green Tree Golf Course
Blue M: 67.2/112 468 339 676 105 244 250 147 389 397 3015 152 281 259 237 379 175 282 335 459 2559 5574
White M: 66.2/110 455 323 662 105 236 242 139 367 385 2914 145 268 250 229 370 138 272 321 440 2433 5347
Gold M: 64.5/105 437 313 570 101 214 242 121 338 371 2707 127 251 243 219 355 125 267 265 430 2282 4989
Red W: 66.2/107 391 250 455 89 208 210 113 324 317 2357 102 244 225 213 350 120 261 257 330 2102 4459

Year Built 1977

Golf course in terrible condition

Golf course in terrible condition probably because of all rainy days. There is only sand on few greens.

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 10/08/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we apologize if your recent round did not meet our usual expectations. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the heavy rain in the area as well as our recent aerification that have affected some of our course conditions. Your comments have been shared with our staff, but we hope to welcome you back for an improved experience soon.

Info Please

Ok.. I play this course quite often to just get ready for my league play because I know I can jump on anytime with good value. While I played yesterday, I was disappointed. The pro shop should have told me about the conditions of the tee boxes and greens. They we horrible. While I recognized that the greens were sanded it would have been nice to know up front. It just seems that the course has been let go since it's fall. I played 7 holes and left. You guys are better then what I saw yesterday.

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 10/16/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we truly apologize for any inconvenience regarding our course conditions during your recent round. Due to recent aerification and weather in the area, our course conditions are not up to our usual standards and we're sorry if this affected your experience with us in any way. Your comments have been shared with staff, and we hope to better communicate these situations to our golfers moving forward. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Just wow, in the worst way

I have played here many, many times, usually as some sort of practice rounds as the hole layouts are odd and the conditions of the fairways and rough are inconsistent and relatively poor. I have no idea what happened here since the last time I played, but OH MY. The greens resembled baseball infields, being 80% mud and 20% weird grass Tufts. It's not aeration, it looks as if the greens were completely removed by accident, and the remedy was to throw a little grass seed at it. The tee boxes were completely unplayable with little to no grass. The fairways were mud and sparse grass, and the rough was inconsistently mowed nonsense. For their sake I hope the course was vandalized, because this was not a golf course, no matter how cheap the deal.

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 10/10/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback, however, we apologize for any inconvenience regarding our course conditions on the day of your round. Due to recent aerification and weather in the area, our staff is aware of necessary course improvements and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much better round soon.

Great value and challenge!

Good course for the beginner and intermediate golfer as well as some unique challenges for the low handicapper. John Hammer continues to improve the course each year and the staff is very friendly led by Assistant Golf Professional, Justin Riggs.

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 09/10/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 4-star review! We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we work diligently to provide you with a valuable golf experience at Green Tree Golf Course. Come see us again soon!
Response from #GreenTreeGC on 09/10/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met your expectations. Our staff takes great pride in providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience, and your feedback will be shared appropriately for any improvements. We also encourage you to reach out to us so we may discuss any concerns with you directly. We hope to have you back for a much-improved golf experience soon.

Fun course , accuracy more inportant than distance

Fun place to play , the eighth hole is very challenging, greens are in great shape..bring bug spray the flys are a real problem sometimes..

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars and taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us at Green Tree Golf Course. Come back soon!
Response from #GreenTreeGC on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to leave us a review. We value any additional feedback on your recent experience with us, and we hope to have you back for an even better one soon.

Staff very friendly

Thought my tee time was at 2:20 when it was 3:20. Staff put me out with the next tee time when they arrived. I thought that was good business sense.

Great time.

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for your 4-star review! We appreciate your feedback and hope you had a great day with us at Green Tree Golf Course. Book another round with us soon!

Decent course, wonderful staff, great value!

What a deal! Greens fees, cart, club rental, and a sleeve of balls for under $40! With that I expected the course to be pretty dreary, but it was really quite good. The tees and greens were in great shape. There were some dry spots in the fairways but overall they were quite good. Pace of play was good, moving along nicely. It was the first time playing Green Tree for all four of us and we had a wonderful day.

To top it off, I left my GPS on the cart and my brother-in-law left the key to his rental condo in Ocean City on the cart as well. By the time we realized it the course was long closed for the day. I called first thing in the morning and the staff had both items held waiting for a call. We ran over to pick them up and had a wonderful conversation with the gentleman working the pro shop. Friendly, courteous, and professional.

So, I had picked this course based on the positive reviews in Golf Now and was not disappointed. We vacation annually in Ocean City, NJ, and have already agreed that Green Tree is on the agenda for next year. There are other, much more expensive courses in the area, but this was the most pleasant experience I've had in that area. Enjoy!

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for your 4-star review and great feedback! We truly appreciate your comments and hope you had a great time with us at Green Tree Golf Course. We look forwarding to having you back next year!
Response from #GreenTreeGC on 06/21/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars! We hope you enjoyed your round with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Green Tree Golf Course again soon.

Senior friendly

Always find the course helping my game. Get to use most of my clubs in my bag.very senior friendly and the staff in the club house are very friendly, polite , and helpful. Think I'm going to purchase a new set of Cleveland clubs asap, from them..

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 06/27/2018:
We're glad to hear we can help improve your golf game! Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your kind feedback and 5-stars. We appreciate your dedication to playing at Green Tree Golf Course, and we can't wait to see you out on the course again soon.

Enjoy playing the course. Have to be careful of shot placement because of all the water hazards. A lot of unique hole layouts

Response from #GreenTreeGC on 07/02/2018:
David, thank you for the 4-star review and feedback! We hope you enjoyed your recent round with us and can make it back to Green Tree Golf Course again soon.

Problem with golf now app

My complaint is not with the coarse but the golf now app. The directions to the coarse provided in your app were 20 miles off. Causing us to miss our tee time significantly and almost not being able to play at all. If there is anything you can do to fix this issue please let me know. Thanks.

Response from Green Tree Golf Course on 07/05/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however, we apologize for any trouble regarding your recent reservation. We will be sure to pass your feedback along to our GolfNow representatives, however, we also encourage you to reach out to their support team for any issues regarding your GolfNow reservation or app as they will be able to best assist in these circumstances. They can be reached at 1 (800) 767-3574. We hope you were still able to enjoy part of your day with us and that we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved golf experience soon.
Response from Green Tree Golf Course on 05/14/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent experience with us at Green Tree Golf Course as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience. We hope to have you back again soon!

Service

Cart broke down on 11th. Made a call & response was excellent. Also comped for future cart fee. Thanks!!

Response from Green Tree Golf Course on 04/18/2018:
Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at Green Tree Golf Course, we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience and are glad we were able to do so. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Response from Green Tree Golf Course on 04/16/2018:
Thank you for the kind review and 4-stars! On behalf of us at Green Tree Golf Course, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round and look forward to having you back again soon.

Sprng play

They were redong the parking lot so it made it a little difficult getting around to the hole near the club house other than that the course was in good

Response from Green Tree Golf Course on 04/10/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars, as well as your feedback! We appreciate your comments as they will be shared with our staff, and hope you had a great round with us at Green Tree Golf Course. Come back soon!
Response from Green Tree Golf Course on 04/08/2018:
Thank you for the kind review and 3-stars. On behalf of us at Green Tree Golf Course, we truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and course. We hope to have you back soon!

Cold day

We had an 8:19 tee time but were delayed for frost. Staff was great with communication of delay, reason, and estimated time we could get out. We got out 1 hour after schedule (earlier then originally thought)! Course was in great shape for the time of year. Definitely looking forward to playing it again.

Response from Green Tree on 01/31/2018:
Thank you for the 5* review! We are so glad to hear that the frost didn't prevent you from having a nice day out on the course

Fun 50 degree golf

8am tee time was finished at 11.greens were great , tee boxes where fine, fairways I would say winter rules...lots of deer for the holiday season.

Response from Green Tree on 12/27/2017:
Thank you for the kind review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed a great pace of play!
Linwood, New Jersey