Style Executive

Pinch Brook Golf Course in Florham Park may be a short course, but it should not be underestimated. The layout offers all the challenges of a championship course conveniently wrapped in an executive-length course. Water hazards come into play on nearly every hole, including a pond on the seventh that is shaped like the state of New Jersey. The elevated and undulating greens putt fast and true. They present a test for even the most seasoned golfers. The par-3 holes are particularly tough. Most of them feature strategically placed bunkers fiercely guarding the double-tiered greens, that or a forced carry. The golf course is great for honing your short game skills or for squeezing in a quick but challenging round. Pinch Brook G.C. is hailed by locals as the best short course in northern New Jersey.

Pinch Brook Golf Course
Blue (W) 65 4996 yards 69.3 118
Scorecard for Pinch Brook
Blue M: 64.2/115 W: 69.3/118 174 476 385 337 343 190 177 358 164 2604 177 167 466 369 351 364 158 153 187 2392 4996
White M: 62.6/106 W: 67.1/117 157 453 368 327 336 169 144 337 142 2433 159 152 445 349 340 341 144 127 163 2220 4653
Red M: 60.5/99 W: 64.1/110 139 408 286 301 316 124 117 314 100 2105 136 117 407 333 325 325 103 109 131 1986 4091

Year Built 1983
Architect Rees Jones (1983) Keith Evans (1983)

Absolutely hidden gem !!!

I highly recommend you play this course. Perfectly manicured tricky little course.

Commented On 07/24/2019

Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate you making the trip to play our course and hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 07/30/2019

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you again soon!

Best course for the best buck

Let me start off that Pinch brook golf course is the best golf course I have been to in a long time! Best public golf course around, the course is always at it’s finest when the weather doesn’t beat it up. The pro shop is welcoming with an amazing staff, the snack bar was very clean and very pleasing with amazing staff member who help me and my family. Also can not forget the amazing prices I wish I can give this place more stars all around best golf course!!!

Commented On 07/30/2019

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoy your time with us and hope to see you again soon!

Short but challenging

Had a 6:30 tee time and took our 4-some 4 hours. Challenging greens made up for the short holes. Only 2 par 5s.

Good Solid Course, Par 65

Finished our round in 4:15 which wasn't too bad. I hear rounds can be long though. Course was in above average condition, particularly for a public course. Par 65 course so a lot of par 3s. Good course over all with friendly staff.

No rangers - very very slow

Course in quite nice condition - but no rangers so playing 5.5 hours for a par 65. It should be 4.5 hours max. Great staff ( the few that were there).

This is a great short course

The course is well maintained and the pace of play was good.

this course is my favorite

I like playing here, the staff is friendly & always looking to help. I play here every week and walk, you can have a few more bench's around. grounds are kept great, putting green are all ways a challenge to me.

Labor Day outing

Holidays are usually busy, I get it, but not one ranger out there to manage pace of play? 94 degrees out and every single water cooler was empty, and to make matters worse, I did not see a beverage cart not once. Decent facilities, well kept yes but I hated this place.

Veey nice course great staff, i was late for my t times due to horrible traffic but they still accomodated me an hourand a half late.
Only negative would be the walk from the car to the carts, not allowed to take carts to the lot.
Pete

Good Beginner Course

Course is close to home and fairly priced. Not that challenging or long, but is worth an 18 once in a while. Pace of play can be slow at times, lots of walkers and seniors play here.

Good Muni

I live nearby and use PB as my base course. It is a solid municipal course. Like all Morris County courses you can expect to tee off at your scheduled time, the greens are always in above average shape for a public course and the pace is reasonable (4:10). When the course conditions can be handled by the grounds keeper the fairways and roughs are typically in good shape. The bunkers can be so so. The staff is great and they try hard to get you out if you just walk up.

The course is a par 65 and has nine par 3s, which can be a little boring. It's an easy walking course. I particularly like the front, holes 2-6. They are fun. I have often played here with my wife who is about a 30 handicap. She doesn't get frustrated and there is enough for me to have a good time.

The only draw back to the course is the last three holes are par 3s. I don't like to put the driver away after 15. With a county card the pricing is reasonable but if I have the time I go to Flanders Valley for about the same price. Out of county prices might seem high for PB.

nice for the price

Just played pinchbrook for the first time today and actually enjoyed it even though I don't play shorter courses much anymore ,I would most likely go back again even the hr drive is worth it

A Welcoming Golf Experience

I hadn't played Pinch Brook in many years, despite it being so close to my home. It's an executive course, barely 5000 yds from the tips, so for one thing, if nothing else, it'll make the weekend warrior feel mighty. Its a fairly forgiving course, with large greens and fairly open fairways.

The staff was super friendly and accommodating -- that alone means I'll be back. I signed up for a 4:30 tee time online, and they basically said I could join any of two or three groups that were teeing off in front of me.

The course, from tees, to fairways to greens, were all in good shape, despite a few fairways with GUR ( ground under repair).

All in all. A good value at a nice, short course. Thanks to the staff.

Short and nice muni course

I've played here over 20 times, because as a county resident the fees for twilight are great. Not my favorite course as it is short, a lot of par 3's. It is well cared for like the other Morris County courses. Good practice for iron play. Greens run around 7-8, similar to a lot of munis I have played, as opposed to around 10 at private clubs. Lots of women play here due to the length of the course, but play is still a bit longer than it should be on such a short course. Many of The holes are moderate to easy, they are not that difficult or tricky. The course is right in front of you, no tricks and the rough is not bad.

Good Course

executive course - only 5000 yards. good place to go and get some practice in. greens are very slow though.

Great greens, beautiful fall foliage.

Boyoboy, it was cold and windy (43 F by the tiime we finished), but the fall colors were bright and framed this Rees Jones course beautifully. Mallards on the ponds, a really pleasant setting, all in all. In general, the fairways are wide and well-trimmed. Water comes into play on a number of holes, much to my chagrin. The greens are immaculate -- but fast and undulating, and defended by some formidable bunkers.

i can imagine that this course could be crowded on a summer weekend,but it wasn't on this date. We arrived and were greeted by name (even though it was our first time here) and were set up and out immediately. We were told there were two holes empty in front of us but we might catch up to a foursome by hole 6. They never held us up. My son walked and I rode, due to a sore knee, but it's a perfect course for walking -- flat and short. Many par 3's; only two par 5's, and they aren't really long.

Our tee time was at 1:30 and I had neglected to take the fall-back hour into consideration, so we ran out of light before we finished. The course closed at 5PM but the ranger came to get us at 4:30 and told us (cordially) we had 15 minutes to get back to the clubhouse. So we took off, but we will be back.

Whippany, New Jersey