2.3
2.1
2.1

Darlington County Golf Course
Scorecard for Darlington Golf Course & DR
Black M: 73.5/135 531 220 379 369 195 385 401 403 493 3376 434 527 198 385 503 317 189 422 458 3433 6809
White M: 70.6/130 W: 76.5/135 487 178 357 344 165 353 367 376 507 3134 404 490 177 337 475 295 179 373 446 3176 6310
Gold M: 68.0/125 W: 72.8/130 450 151 347 323 147 319 347 292 447 2823 373 454 146 331 436 271 144 355 364 2874 5697
Red M: 65.8/121 W: 70.3/123 415 124 286 311 141 250 335 282 420 2564 362 444 140 297 379 256 121 331 334 2664 5228

Year Built 1979
Architect Nicholas Psiahas Robert McNeil (2007)

Carts Yes - $9 - $15

Disheartening

I've been playing Darlington for at least 40 years. I've never seen it in worse condition. It's difficult to discern the tee boxes from the uncut rough. There are weeds in some of the tee boxes that are 8 inches tall. The tees were burned out by anti-grub application earlier in the season; they haven't recovered. The fairways and rough are uncut. The course is like having a neighbor who doesn't weed, trim or cut his lawn in a timely fashion. It breaks my heart because a couple of years ago the course was in good shape. Unfortunately, all of the County courses are in bad shape. I'm not sure where the maintenance budget is going. I would strongly recommend a different course in a different county.

Bad shape

Tee ground, fairways, beat up, bunkers...have no sand,.all are in bad shape.
This course hasn’t been this bad in many years..needs a lot of work. Greens are decent, but slow

Commented On 07/15/2019

Hi JongHo1561463. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Darlington Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nice Course Overall, lots of ball marks though

Course is in really good shape and a pretty fun layout, pretty easy to score. If you are a pretty long hitter most/all of the par 5's are reachable which is always fun.

Only complaint is there are a ton of ball marks on many of the greens. You expect this at the county courses though but would love some more warning signs out there.

Commented On 07/08/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Darlington Golf Course.

great course

wide open course not too hard to play as fairways were not too narrow

Commented On 06/10/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Using Golf Now

App is easy to use and straight forward. Just wish my shots were the same.

Commented On 06/20/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Cart path only

It was cart path only for the entire 18 holes. Seriously, I had my 5 month pregnant wife and 65 year old father-in-law with me. It was terrible. 80° walking all over this hilly course. The fairways would have been fine for carts in my opinion. I was not happy. This also brought the rate of play to a stand still. By the 13th hole we left. If the carts were able to be used on fairways it would have been fine otherwise. The one golf ranger for this course was an absolute jam. He got my spirits lifted by being genuinely nice. Super great guy. Unfortunately I didn't catch his name.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will allow us another chance to WOW you with a future visit. Until then, take care!

Commented On 05/20/2019

Hello, Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Commented On 05/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Darlington Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

First Time Here

It’s a very enjoyable course to play. It’s long enough to be challenging. The greens are big and are moderately fast. The course is tree lined and very picturesque. Since I played late in the season I can’t comment on the kitchen.

Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 10/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Darlington Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Darlington Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Needs a bunch of TLC

Moderately difficult but not a great design. If you're walking, it's tough. Conditions are best in the Spring, as the course gets lots of play, and many of the fairways need additional drainage as standing water rots everything up. The bunkers are horrible. They need to be redone. Bergen is the largest tax revenue county in NJ and the county puts no money into the course. And Darlington is the BEST of the five Bergen Muni's.

Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 09/28/2018:
Hello jimtherunner, thank you for for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the course layout and conditions. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Darlington Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Disappointed

First time played here. Staff not friendly. Doing me a favor to take my money. Will not return

Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 09/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness, we escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Darlington Golf Course and we hope to earn your business again.

Good for a muni

Fairway and greens pretty well kept. Bounce off the fairway into the rough and finding your ball can be tough. No real on course amenities like water stations or bathrooms. Course is challenging but still fun for an advanced beginner.

Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 07/31/2018:
Hello traumamd, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on the rough and on course amenities. Thank you for playing Darlington Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

it's ok

Like the layout but my 3 stars is based mostly on green conditions. Rolls less true than most other Bergen county muni courses in my opinion. Other thing is pace of play can be slow but that's typical of all bergen county muni courses.

Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 07/19/2018:
Hello hobbes928, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and we appreciate your feedback on our greens and our pace of play. Thank you for visiting Darlington Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon.

Darlington, Mahwah, NJ

I used to play this course many times in past years but have not been able to for quite a while. My return trip was great. Course is challenging as always and was in good shape, especially considering it's a public course and can have some heavy traffic. The greens were in perfect condition. Cut short and smooth. Kudos to the staff for keeping them in such great shape and a thumbs up to the golfers who obviously did their part in keeping the greens in such great shape by fixing ball marks.

Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 07/16/2018:
Hello basgolf, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing Darlington Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 06/19/2018:
Hello joeyv1234, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Darlington Golf Course. We also appreciate your rating on our off-course amenities. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Great Deal

Was a great day for golf and the course was in good condition. The greens were a little slow, but other than that it was a good day.

Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 06/12/2018:
Hello Kirkmank, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on the green speeds. Thank you for visiting Darlington Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 06/13/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and layout. We also appreciate your rating on the pace of play, staff friendliness and on the off-course amenities. Thank you for playing Darlington Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from Darlington Golf Course & DR on 06/06/2018:
Hello gshuart, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Darlington Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Ramsey, New Jersey