The Links Golf Club

2.6

The Links Golf Club
Scorecard for The Links Golf Club
Black M: 71.5/133 355 334 377 203 375 483 550 190 400 3267 420 350 512 575 178 450 430 176 400 3491 6758
White M: 70.2/127 320 323 359 187 365 450 537 172 390 3103 400 337 494 524 158 420 415 150 384 3282 6385
Gold M: 66.9/120 312 318 305 180 290 437 420 138 324 2724 302 315 430 467 130 379 388 135 345 2891 5615
Red W: 72.0/128 300 312 300 174 288 429 409 110 320 2642 296 307 426 460 126 375 384 128 341 2843 5485

Year Built 1976
Architect Fred Hawtree (1976)

Surprised

Totally surprised - i ln the middle of a renovation to the clubhouse. But the course was in decent shape with decent bunkers

Really Like This Track

The rain has gotten the course into nice shape but the staff has been able to cut. Always a challenging day at The Links. Would have replayed except for an outing that prevented it. Greens rolled great, as usual and the bunkers were very fluffy.

Great job guys!!!

Ordinary

First time playing this course. They are doing a renovation with the clubhouse. So it seems like there is no order in the pro shop. When we got there we told the gentleman we had a 908 teatime. He showed us where the first tee was and said go out there about 905. We did an their where two foursomes on the Teebox. But we all figured it out and there wasn’t really a problem. The course itself was OK but I was expecting a lot more because it was once a private course. The greens Were slow , maybe it was because of all the rain we had been getting may give it another try We did get paired with one of the members and his friends they were very nice .

condition not bad

greens ..had some sand on all greens..still rolled true..need to hit a little bit harder than expected..fairways cut short and ball rolls.overall course in decent shape..no restaurant (cut back due to renovations of new club house)..nothing spectacular about staff..did online registering so round prepaid...

new management: Big brother is watching.

Before the course was under new management, all of the staff members were very friendly, welcoming, and the course had a great community vibe. However, since new management has taken over, the main pro shop guys are still the same, but there is a noticible difference in their attitude. The feeling of “big brother” watching over them has been communicated to myself and others many times and really hinders the staffs ability. While course reneovations are always a good thing, if new management impinges upon what was once a welcoming golf course, I would prefer to not have the new renovations. The new greens keeper, who prides himself on “pristine fairways” and “near perfect greens” is out of touch with reality. They guy rides around on a golf cart with his dog harresing players for minuscule things. Meanwhile his dog is going to the bathroom on the course.

New management has taken away what was once a classy, family friendly, golf course to a now grich like feel. This isn’t Twisted Dune golf club or Scotland Run golf club, this is the links.

The Links in Marlton

I like the layout of this course and how fast it drys out after it rains. The sandy soil promotes drainage. The greens were great, tee boxes not bad, fairways about average given the amount of use it’s seen this year.

The problem is the clubhouse. They started working on it at the beginning of the season but nothing has changed for the past month or so. I like having a meal and a beer following my round and I couldn’t after this round.

New course

Nice course. Played off a hot deal and worth the price, any more would be a bit much for this course. Staff ok and.building is being upgraded so excited to see the first product when.complete and.The.next hot deal.

Great value

Great value. No one near us on the course so it was a very relaxing round. No complaints about the course layout. Greens were in solid shape. The rough or bunkers aren’t in good shape. Great value

Slow,slow slow

Arrived at course 20 minutes prior to tee time which was 7:56am. Told we had to be off course by noon due to a tournament. Went right out to tee box and joined two other golfers who told us that there were two extremely slow groups ahead. We had to wait on every shot, no marshal on course and by 12:15pm, after a 4 1/2 hour round we finished and the golfers for the tournament were eating and not ready to tee off. I guess we’re starting to see the impact of Golden Pheasant taking over ... long, long rounds.

VERY Pleasantly Surprised

We were leery after reading all the negative reviews but didn’t encounter anything that could have ruined our day. In fact, we replayed for $20 and enjoyed that round just as well. The staff was awesomely friendly and was very concerned that we were having a good time. The layout was the best though. The shaded, sandy cart path wound through the trees and gave me the feeling I was in a wooded Pocono course. There are virtually no straight holes and each posed a challenge of its own.

If you had a bad experience, I recommend you give it another try because I know we will be back.

Nice job guys!!

Disappointing

It was very hot. I did not remember the greens being so small and SLOW!! It was the first time I was there in over 10 years. I wont be back.

Has potential, Needs some simple love

You can see that this course has the potential to be a very solid, interesting, challenging track.

I understand that new ownership is still investing and it takes time. However, my biggest issue is that carelessness shown in not mowing the grass in fairway rough and especially surrounding the greens. I lost 4-5 balls that we only a few yards off the fairways or green. It doesn't take much to run a lawn mower to acceptable and playable rough height.

I will wait until further improvements are made before playing again. Hopefully they will because it could be a very good public course.

New Ownership Stinks

Played here Memorial Day 2018 and it was a great experience. For what it’s worth the course itself is a good course! Nice greens and well maintained. The staff is awful. Started from the pro shop check in to when we stopped in to the bar. Apparently now you have to be a “social member” to eat or drink and you cannot takeout from the bar. Bartender was extremely rude, I’d be surprised if she made tips. Again course is great but with the staff and amenities this is my last time playing here.

Course has declined over the years

I have played this course maybe 20 times in the past 3 years, however this is the last time I will go. The course has changed ownership, and changing many once-great things about the course to very poor. For example, the rate of play was horrible. There was no ranger to be found, and no starter. After you checked in, it was a free-for-all. After the 5+ hour round , I tried to go to the resturant for a beer and a burger (they used to have great food there) but I was told that only social members could drink there. Unreal. Would never come back. Its a shame because I loved playin that course, and I am a local so its near to my heart.

Fun layout

Fun course, very forgiving, good scoring course. Greens are on the smaller side and in good shape. Will certainly play again

Kings Grant The Links Course

Well another course has changed hands and this one had just switched ownership today. That being said some normal disturbances happen which are to be expected.

For having so much rain, the course was relatively drained due to the sandy nature of the area. This meant no fairway streams.

When we finished we went to the 19th hole and had some refreshments and food. Both were enjoyable.

A good round for the money. Definitely will return.

Marlton, New Jersey