Golden Pheasant Golf Club

Year Built 1963
Architect Stephen Kay

Swampy, terrible slowwwwwww greens

Very swampy sitting water every where, greens are sooooo slow you cant hit the ball hard enough slow greens are sooo annoying. Distance markers are terrible definitely not accurate. Course has tons of potential just badly maintained. Atleast make the greens nice.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi u314159352323. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (609) 267-4276 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Interesting Track

It’s been 15 years since I played GP and I forgot how challenging it is! The back is very narrow and the level changes make for a difficult round. If you spray the ball, stay away. I managed to lose 5 balls that were not out of play. (Normal when you play an unfamiliar course.).

I screwed up my tee time and got there an hour early but the guys were cool enough to let me go off anyway.

The layout is the only thing I’m not really high on. Crisscrossing fairways and cart paths that cut across approaches is weird and I do remember one of my group getting hit that last time I played it.

Overall a good value for a Hot Deal but make sure you hit ‘em straight before you book it!!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Hi Ray5379669. Wow 15 years! We are glad to have you back! We are glad that you enjoyed your time out on the course and glad the staff was able to accommodate you on your early arrival. We look forward to having you back at Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Hello, ynot88. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We would love to know what you enjoyed about your experience! Feel free to comment! Please book another round with us soon at Golden Pheasant Golf Club!

Not what it used to be

I used to play here a lot years ago when I lived nearby. I bought a hot deal to play with my dad assuming it was still a nice little muni, boy was I wrong. The conditions of the course were horrendous. Several tee boxes with no grass, frees which were a mixture of burnt out grass and mud, cart paths that could rattle the fillings out of your teeth. It looks like they haven’t maintained the course at all since the last tome I played it in the early 2000’s. The only redeeming part of the round was the fact the course was empty and my dad and I finished our round in less than 3 hours. I definitely played my last round here.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hi, Mciuffetelli13. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes as we take course condition criticism very seriously. Thanks for visiting Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

poor conditions and wear and tear of tee boxes, fairways and greens

burnt out tee boxes, and fairways..greens wearing out..sand traps good..great sand for hitting out..this is the first time we have played this course in 3 years..difficult returning this year due to condition of course...

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hello kylefty43. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

This course desperately needs fix ups

Played here twice. The course’s condition is rapidly deteriorating. Many greens are terrible, some locals playing with zero etiquette, no rangers to pace up plays. Fairways are full of patches and weeds. It was extremely sad to see this fantastic and beautiful course becoming a ruined country.

u563949589
Commented on 09/11/2019

love the ..ty for your feedback from course replies...seen 5 of em and yet nothing is done ...its a goat farm ,,,beware

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hi Shaun7988474! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and use your feedback to improve. We hope to see you back!

Golden Pheasant on Sunday

Refreshing to see a place that realizes that a twosome should be in front of a foursome even if the tee time is not set that way.
Course was in really good shape but still has some spots that drainage is needed. Bunkers were in better shape than other public courses in the area. Tee boxes were in better than fair shape. Greens had plenty of ball marks. Enforcement of fixing ball marks has got to be daunting but needs to be done.
As for food and beverage, that got this one covered. Dogs and burgers and a number of beverages check the box for “after the round” amenities.

Commented on 08/12/2019

HiAlbert5829075. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Golden Pheasant Golf Club.

Philly Advisor

Average local public course

This course if often referred to as one with great par 3 holes. It is an average layout packed together with low areas that always seem wet. Some fun holes with the par 3's then mostly just golf holes. I've played there a handful of times this year and the conditions are noticeably going the wrong way. On this last visit the turf conditions show deterioration of a good base with thin and bare spots. Staff is great in pro shop and grill room.

Commented on 07/29/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Golden Pheasant Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Interesting course

First time playing here. Staff very nice. Not the course's fault but as a single I was hooked up with 3 duffer's. It takes away from the day but you try to play thru it. Many interesting holes that I enjoyed. Greens and fairways good condition. Tee boxes average. But again my main problem with almost every golf course . PACE OF PLAY. 2 groups in front of us laying 9 on the front edge of the green almost every hole including par 3's. There has to be a mercy rule in golf like girls softball. After 7 strokes pick it up for heaven's sake. One guy I saw , I swear he had to know George Washington personally Holly smokes. But that being said . I shot 75 from the middle tees and will be back again sometime as I did enjoy the holes.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club.

Nice Course

This is only my 2nd time playing this course and it has been 15 years since I was here. I was impressed with the layout and the staff. We were even offered cold wet towels out on the course. I will definitely be back.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, AT108T! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

This course is short but it asks you to hit irons throughout the bag. It’s clear this course is old but the greens are true and in great condition. Tees and fairways are one year away from being perfect after all the rain in 2018 and early 2019. The staff couldn’t have been more accommodating to an out-of-towner and I really appreciated their hospitality. Only blemish are the cart paths. They are coming apart however the club is working to replace the old with new. As a single I played through a foursome that allowed me to play through without any issue and ended up finishing with two of the members who were extremely friendly. GET OUT AND PLAY THIS COURSE.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Hi, pdodd4. We truly appreciate your review and recommendation. Getting customer feedback is one of our top priorities here at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. See you on the course soon!

Commented on 07/23/2019

Thank you for playing Golden Pheasant Golf Club! Your 4-star rating is much appreciated!

Surprisingly Nice

A couple friends and I played here the other weekend. There was a terrible storm the night before so wasn't sure if our 7:20am tee time would be cancelled, but the course was in pretty good condition all things considered. Loved the course layout, have everything you could ask for - elevation shots, long and narrow fairways, challenging short par 4 with 90 degree dog legs, tiered greens. I mean there is something for everyone. It was great to be challenged on all different aspects of your game and made the course very fun to play. We will definitely be playing here a lot more often! Worth the commute for sure.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Andrew4545425, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Golden Pheasant Golf Club.

GREAT COURSE

GREAT COURSE, VERY GOOD CONDITION, VERY VERY FRIENDLY STAFF. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO PLAYS GOLF. COURSE IS REALLY GOOD CONDITION.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Staff

great course in excellent shape well maintained.
The staff is about the best at any course in the area.
Friendly and there for your every golf needs.
Also reasonable golf attire and equipment prices.
If you can’t find what you need the staff will make every effort to find what you need.
Definitely recommend this course.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Hi, DJRkjbVADBr49mWhIT8a. We truly appreciate your review and recommendation. Getting customer feedback is one of our top priorities here at Golden Pheasant Golf Club. See you on the course soon!

4 stars

Great place to play. Staff members are very nice.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Hiu000001891053. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Golden Pheasant Golf Club.

Nice course but greens need to be faster

Played on a Saturday with my dad. We were paired up with another twosome. Pace of play was a bit slow probably due to an earlier outing, but overall a good day of golf. There are a few holes on the front 9 that require some course knowledge when hitting your tee shot: holes 4, 7, and 9. If you're not careful with your club selection you can drive it through the fairway.

If the greens were faster the course would be perfect.

Commented on 07/23/2019

Hihowitzer09. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Golden Pheasant Golf Club.

Still a solid course

Have played this course many many times over the years. Have always enjoyed the layout but also frustrated that I think it could be so much more with some restructuring of the course. Lots of natural penalties with creeks and woodlands. Only complaints during this round were the bunkers weren’t raked at all (6:14 AM tee time) and the greens were too slow, nice condition but slow. Still one of my go to local courses to play.

Commented on 07/23/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Golden Pheasant Golf Club again. We hope to see you again in the future.

Westampton, New Jersey
Mount Holly, New Jersey
Willingboro, New Jersey
Marlton, New Jersey

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.