Rutgers University Golf Course

Year Built 1963

Dress code Proper attire is required, including closed-toe footwear with non-penetrating or spikeless shoes.

On a College Campus 7

Easy walking course

While not long, from the back tees presents enough of a challenge even for low handicappers. Pace of play is always amazing, 4 hours walking max. Fairways are getting a little burnt out, greens are excellent.

Solid

All good at Rutgers . Playing the course for the first time this year. Bunkers at most area courses have been in rough shape thus season. The bunkers here were fine.

Pace of play was ok, could have been better because our 4 some caught the 4 some ahead of us and had to wait quite a few times. The group teed odd more than ten minutes ahead of us, but ..,,,,

One negative was the driving range was closed.

Hope to be back

Rutgers Golf Course Used to be a Gem!!

The greens fee through GolfNow was $50.00 on a Sunday. If you want a motorized cart they charge $18.00 at the Course. $68.00 total for a round at this Course is borderline criminal. The Fairways are a mess, there is ground under repair everywhere, some tee boxes are also a mess and there are ball marks and spike marks all over the Greens. Because of the COVID-19 Pandemic a lot of Courses in NJ are way too overpriced for the conditions of the Courses. There are other NJ Courses you can play that are in much better shape!!!

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rutgers University Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

It’s pretty beat up right now

Generally, Rutgers very nice, but it’s badly beaten up right now. A lot of mud and dirt patches. The greens are still in good shape. Staff is a little obnoxious.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Great pace. Soaked fairways.

Fairways have been beat up by rain. Lots of mush spots due to rains. Greens tboxes are in great condition. Greens are FAST. Played in under 4?hrs. Hopefully course dries out more. Still a great round. Definitely be back.

It rained night before and had to walk, course did text and let me know. They might want to invest in cart paths all around, for days like this, course doesn’t seem to drain well.

Wet

Poured the first two holes and it was already super wet. Course is in fair shape for this time of year, but the rain turned some dirt spots into mud.

Nothing is open so there aren’t any amenities

Commented on 08/23/2020

Hi Jack,

So you played Rutgers Golf Course about 2 weeks ago maybe earlier, correct? You said that the Rain turned some dirt spots into mud. Are these wet/muddy areas in the middle of the fairway, all over the fairway and in the rough? I’ve heard the Greens and Tee Boxes are in great shape, is this correct? The areas of water/mud, in your opinion does it make the Course unplayable? OR just lift, clean and place? If you can get back to me quickly that would be great I’ve got a tee time at 11:24am!!

Thanking you in advance for your help!! Please be well and stay Safe during this relentless Coronavirus Pandemic!!

Bryan R.
Email: reilly530@gmail.com

Great course and easy to walk

This is not the longest course but it’s a pleasure to play. Staff was friendly and the locals I met were even friendlier. Recent storms did some damage to a few fairways but still very playable with tricky greens. I’d definitely go back and give it another go. Definitely a hidden gem and reasonably priced.

Great place to play

Course was in great shape despite being hit hard ny Tropical Storm Isasis last week. Greens were in very good shape and relatively fast. Fairways are wide which allows for a slice or hook to stay in play. Good mix of short 3 stroke pars along with a nice blend of par 4’s and 5’s.

Good course

Played it on a rainy day, but the course was in good shape. Tom the ranger was terrific and helped me when I lost my phone. Good collegiate course, and looking forward to playing it again. Driving range was closed, but overall good experience.

Indifferent customer service

Was looking forward to playing Rutgers golf course went to school here and played a lot of golf here. Was told that I couldn't use a cart. I'm a senior with some ailments and shouldn't be walking a golf course in 90+ degree weather with some humidity. The turf conditions were fine save for a couple of areas on the back nine. I hadn't walked a course for over a decade because of my medical issues. The staff could care less at 2:48 in the afternoon where else am I going? Played and gutted out the last 4 holes. The wet areas could have easily been roped off and accommodation made to seniors. The greens were pretty beat up and bare patches in the fairways. Would have given another star if they had any customer service.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Rutgers University Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Well kept

Course was great, even in the rain it was a good day for golf. Staff was very helpful

First timer

I looked it up online and on paper it’s a very easy course totally different story when you get there very well laid out manicured greens are very tough

RU Golf

Nice layout, great for walking. Fairly short, no amenities due to virus.

Go Knights

I’ve been playing this course for quite a few years now. I love the layout and the challenges of the 10th, 12th and 17th most. I was slightly disappointed that some of the greens were a little beat up due to the divots not being repaired. I pride myself on my putting and when your ball jumps around due to these divots it’s frustrating. Won’t stop me from playing there but people need to be told that it’s proper golf edicate.

Commented on 07/30/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rutgers University Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Piscataway, New Jersey