Rutgers University Golf Course

Year Built 1963

Dress code Proper attire is required, including closed-toe footwear with non-penetrating or spikeless shoes.

On a College Campus 6

Nice day

Great day to get 18 in with all the craziness. Course is in nice shape. Elected to walk as a single even though the hot deal came with a cart. Felt weird sitting next to a stranger. Gentleman I played with was 67 and had the same concern.

Rutgers course

Would recommend Rutgers to anyone, it’s a little short but it’s pretty tight, played in 3 hours in early March.

Great Course Condition

It was a bit cool and cloudy all day. The course was in great shape, and I don't know how they do it. It is well kept, but don't see anyone doing it!
Should be noted that the Snack Bar is closed on Tuesdays, BYOF.

A nice place to play

Course is in good shape even more so when you consider it’s November.
A good value with a nice pace of play.

Better communication...

This was my 2nd time booking Rutgers GC thru GolfNow. My first time was a great experience on this course. However, this time around, there was a lot of rain in the area, the previous day. I drove 45 minutes to the course, only to find out, through the Rutgers Website, that it was walking only(All of my local courses were sending out carts)
The email confirmation I received from GolfNow, 2 hours before my tee time, made no mention of this. Rutgers did nothing wrong in this instance. Just wish GolfNow would/could be in better contact with their courses.

We have been playing Rutgers for years. Everything is perfect. The staff is fantastic. The only improvements you need to make is to add cart paths. When the course is wet we cannot play as we are seniors and cannot walk the course.

You loose a lot of money. Most of the gentlemen I play with would play cart path only.

Enjoyable Round

The course is in good shape. It's fair, not too long, and wide enough. The greens were fast and caused me some difficulty but, I still enjoyed the round. The price is reasonable and the staff are super friendly.

Good Value, Friendly Staff

Nice short golf course. Greens were good, which is most important...but the rest of the course - tees, fairways and rough were only fair condition.

Great course disappointed in golfnow

I booked this course the night before on golfnow because I have played before and there was an early tee time available. I love playing the Rutgers course because it’s a good value for your money and there is always a good pace of play. My only regret is that I booked through golfnow because when I arrived at the course I was told that I was not on the registered tee time list so I was not able to play at the reserved tee time. Kudos to the staff at Rutgers because they were able to get me into a foursome an hour after the original al tee time I had booked through golfnow. Golfnow provides no recourse for the consumer to contact them yet they still charged me a registration fee for the teetime. There is not one phone number anywhere to contact them to express this disappointment or recoup my money which I payed for a tee time that was not honored!!!

Excellent place to play great pre round practice facilities, everything is great although they lost the conditions in the fairways . Use to be the fairways were like green carpet . As of today’s round they remind me of the Brooklyn queens expressway. Fairways were mostly fallen apart you were better hitting g it off the fairway in the 1st cut getting a better lie .

Not worth the money

$70 + round for a course with filled with crab grass and fairways that look like Oakland Raiders Coliseum filled with dirt. Not sure where the Green fees go, but certainly not into maintenance. Major stay away

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hi, dpritsker89. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Rutgers University Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Stay Away From The Fairways

I have not played at Rutgers in about five years. Prior to that I typically played there about 2-3 times a year. The course layout is nice and one of the main selling points was the course conditions were usually perfect. A friend of mine and I were going to be in the area on September 24 so I suggested we play at Rutgers noting my past experiences. To my surprise and shock the fairways on this course were absolutely horrible. There were so many bare spots and burnt out grass areas we joked that it was better to hit in the rough or the traps. This deterioration didn't happen overnight. They should not be charging normal rates for a course in this poor condition. When we asked why the fairways were so bad we were advised it was due to heavy rains, poor drainage and hot, dry spells. My firend and I have played numerous rounds at other courses in the NJ/NY metro area and none of them had fairways in poor condition yet they all expereinced the same weather patterns. I would love to play this course again but only if and whn it returns to a conditon of quality as in the past.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hello basgolf. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rutgers University Golf Course.

Neglect and low quality

The fairways and greens are cow pasture quality. The greens are riddled with ball marks and scuffs which could be easily corrected by rangers paying attention like they did years ago. The fairways are full of hardpan bare spots. This course went steadily downhill after Art DiBlasio retired. It's obvious that the course superintendent has no clue about grooming a golf course. The two subsequent pros are pitiful. They pay more attention to clocking players than to course conditions and etiquette. This was once my favorite course that I held as a standard for other public courses. If Rutgers management can mess something up, they will. The course is now "managed" by Public Safety. The course is in such bad shape that two walk ons played a few holes and demanded their money back. Shameful!

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rutgers University Golf Course.

Horrible fairways/tee boxes

This course used to be almost worth the $60. Now it’s not even worth half that. The fairways are awful. It’s like they don’t care anymore. The tee boxes are overgrown on a lot of holes. If you spend anywhere even remotely close to $60, you better get a nice course. Don’t go to Rutgers until they figure it out.

Commented on 08/22/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback on price and conditions to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Rutgers University Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

What happened!?!?

Holy cow! Used to play this track once a week for years, and this was my 2nd time here this year (first time was back in May) and I was SHOCKED to the core last week.! What the heck happened? Tee boxes were weeds in many spots and just not good.. bunkers were decent but the fairway.. so many of the fairway, DESTROYED.. clearly they didn’t water them a few weeks ago on the heat. The roots and grass are GONE in many places, will require full reSod in many spots. Very sad. This is NOT the BIG TEN quality of a Big10 collwge.. very embarrassing. And pace of play, needs some rangers to speak up and keep people moving .. won’t be back anytime soon. After what I saw and what they charged. Just wrong !

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hi, Will4571418. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the current conditions. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Rutgers University Golf Course.

Piscataway, New Jersey
Plainfield, New Jersey
East Brunswick, New Jersey
East Brunswick, New Jersey

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.