The Meadows at Middlesex Golf Club

Type Public/Municipal
Meadows At Middlesex
Scorecard for Meadows
Blue M: 70.4/128 520 150 345 390 414 160 517 160 354 3010 197 415 485 450 400 218 443 139 520 3267 6277
White M: 69.1/125 510 140 335 380 404 150 510 150 344 2923 187 332 475 440 390 208 433 129 510 3104 6027
Gold M: 64.8/118 495 117 320 315 380 112 463 125 290 2617 137 280 360 275 365 156 370 115 434 2492 5109
Red W: 67.2/120 451 113 270 310 304 105 442 115 285 2395 131 272 353 274 289 148 360 111 429 2367 4762

Year Built 1972
Architect Joe Finger (1972) Tom Fazio (1980)

Overpriced

I realize it's been a rough Summer with the weather. A lot of weeds in the fairways . Rough could b cut to speed up pace of play

Hurting

Like many courses this time of year, the course is starting to show signs of being heat beat. The greens, grown out due to the heat, were slow and didn't roll very well at all. The bunkers were hard and not sandy. The course had areas of high crabgrass and needed attention. I get that the heat was getting to the course, but cut the grass!! I like the tract but the conditions made it tough to play.

Tight

Played a hot deal today. If you’re spraying your driver you’re in trouble here, and I was. I still managed a hard-fought 80 but the course wasn’t the issue, but instead the pace. Even though we played the front in 1:40, the back was a different story. Like many players, I need a rhythm and that can’t halpen when you’re waiting 7-10 for each shot. Back to the course: An interesting tract with every hole posingnits own challenge. The greens were furry and putts bounced a lot and other areas needed to be cut. This could be a 4.5 Star Course.

Fun to play

Course was in very good condition. Tee boxes were nice and greens were in good shape, but a few bare spots here and there. The pins were placed away from the spots. Course has a variety of holes which makes it challenging and fun to play. The bunkers had enough quality sand in them which seems to be a problem with many courses. Overall, I would go back to play again.

Brutally hot day

The course was surprisingly soft despite the extreme heat.

The course was virtually empty due to the heat and our 2 some played the 18 in just over 3 hours,

We certainly appreciated the cold water containers available on the course in a few location.

Slow greens

Course has some tee boxes that need some care however the fairways were in good shape. The greens were unpredictable at times and they were slow. It was a busy day and we moved along steady but it did take over 4 hours for the round. I would go back and I would recommend the course but at a decent price. Great bar and good food and cold beer.

Pleasantly surprised

Saw this course on golf now a couple of times. We decided to give it a try. We’ve had wet conditions and it was misty that morning ,afternoon. This course doesn’t look like it’s going to be too much trouble. But you have to hit a good ball off the tea. Back nine is better than front as we read about. All in all you should give this course a try PS you definitely have to stay for lunch at the Caddyshack bar/restaurant they have awesome food and a nice happy hour after 3 o’clock .ENJOY

Course condition

Drain system is great.

It is aewsome compare other course in Middkesex

Nice layout

Nice layout and a tougher back nine than the front nine. Due to rain days before we played tended to make it a little soggy on some fairways and tee boxes. Greens were a little tough to read since they were not cut yet. Would definitely come back.

Very Nice Course

Played at the Meadows a number of times over the years. It doesn't get any easier. Front nine is somewhat easier, but back nine is tough, 3 very long par 4's and a couple of long par 3's. Course was in excellent shape and surprisingly, there were only a handful of people playing on such a perfect golf weather day.

Nice Course

Played at Meadows a number of times over the past few years. Nice course. Has a number of challenging holes. Some very lengthy par 4's. Course is in nice shape. Hardly anyone out there playing today. Will go again.

Course and facilities in need updatind

Not very happy when I iarrived to check in for 12 tee time and club rep tells me , here is your cart, make sure it is back by 3:45?? So I thought to myself if my round is not complete by 3:45, are you going to give me a refund? Why did golf now offer this discount with a round time restriction? if I would have known about the cart restrictions , I would have walked the course. Staff not very friendly. on top of all this I get in the cart is in poor condition. tires need air and battery feels like it is not going to make the 18 hole round without me calling in a replacement. Overall I would never play this course again. in fact if I could not finish my round by 345, golf now would have received a phone call from me for a refund. Guy Wilson

ITS WORTH (-)MINUS 5 STARS

I would give this course minus (-) 5 STARS if golf now would allow me. I live in middlesex county and I can say its the worst county for golfers. This course IS THE WORST COURSE!!! I PLAY ALMOST 3 TIMES A WEEK AND THIS IS THE WORST WORST WORST WORST COURSE. NOT MAINTAINED AT ALL EVEN THE CARTS DONT BRAKE. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS COURSE. I WISH EVERYONE WOULD STOP GOING HERE AND MAKE THIS WORST COUNTY UP THEIR GAME......WORST WORST WORST EXPERIENCE. WILL NOT PLAY HERE EVEN IF IT IS FREE

A Public Course

Can't believe all the bad reviews this place has been getting. It's been a brutally hot summer and most public courses have felt the heat. The course has rebounded nicely and I found it to be in great shape. Greens were in excellent condition as were the fairways. It's a par 70 with 6 par 3's so if you play the 3's well you can post a good number. There are some short 4's on the front side but don't let that make you think it's easy. The back has some very tough 4's. You make your hay on the front and try to survive on the back. All in all, for a public course it's a very good test and would recommend playing it.But remember, it's a PUBLIC course. Don't come and expect country club conditions.

A course with good bones

It's a shame that they've let this course deteriorate. Last played there 3 years ago and the conditions were much better. This time around the greens were in nice shape but slow. Fairways were spotty as well as some tee boxes. It's a challenge for most, especially the back nine. So I can recommend the course as long as you're not paying full price!

Great course for walkers

Feels harder than the slope/rating would indicate. Narrow fairways, protected greens. Very enjoyable course to play for most skill level of golfers.

Poor Middlsex County Golfers

The end is near. This course has seen better days. Tee boxes were messy, greens were okay at best, fairways were a disaster. not worth the $59 it cost me.

West Windsor, New Jersey